does clowns bottle really need to make you almost blind ?

Options
smartemarte
smartemarte Member Posts: 254
edited January 2022 in General Discussions

it's not an interesting part of the mechanic, it's just infuriating that it just comes down to bumping into invisible parts of the loop etc which guarantees a hit on you. No way to play around it and just hope that you don't get stuck.

the mechanic is enough that it slows you down so the clown can loop better, does anyone (other than the killer) actually enjoy this mechanic ? you can't play around it at all and it's just infuriating when you get stuck on the "invisible" bumps on loops that are impossible to avoid with the added haze ontop of the speed reduction.

he's boring to play against with the speed reduction alone since it's the exact same chase every single time, loop, he throws the bottle at the loop, you leave the loop/get hit. Loop, he throws a bottle at the loop. You leave the loop you die. I know the whole idea is to loop as long as you can before you go down but it's just extra boring vs his mechanic.

Comments

• smartemarte
    smartemarte Member Posts: 254
    Options

it slows you down ..... making you blind so you can hardly do anything isn't really a fun mechanic in a video game is it ? maybe if you actually had a chance to dodge vs a good clown then yeah

• Marc_123
    Marc_123 Member Posts: 3,373
    Options

Yes i know it looks funny. And he often got me with it.

When i play Clown it seems it doesn´t slow down as much as it felt as survivor.

But again, that is his power and that is ok.

• Sepex
    Sepex Member Posts: 1,408
    Options

Clown should just drop the bottles and try to kill survivors with his bad jokes.

• HaunterofShadows
    HaunterofShadows Member Posts: 3,998
    edited January 2022
    Options

.......yeah. It is

Post edited by HaunterofShadows on
  • Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,098
    Options

I mean it's a colored opaque gas. It not impairing your vision wouldn't make sense.

It doesn't last that long unless you stay in the gas and you should already have a good idea how you were going to path the tile before getting hit by the gas. It doesn't mess with your camera angle so it's not like it's that disorienting.

• Dionysus42
    Dionysus42 Member Posts: 427
    Options

Epic Clown nerf time

• Lawlichan
    Lawlichan Member Posts: 114
    Options

ah yes, let's nerf the clown

• BenSanderson55
    BenSanderson55 Member Posts: 454
    Options

Being annoying back, PRE DROP PALLETS.

• Dstorv
    Dstorv Member Posts: 51
    Options

Why are you trying to loop the clown in the first place? all you gotta do is pre drop pallets to make his power useless.

• BirdSpirit
    BirdSpirit Member Posts: 186
    Options

I mean it's better than killers getting flashlight blinded lol. At least you can kinda see. It's part of his power tho.

• Ruma
    Ruma Member Posts: 2,069
    Options

lol

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531
    Options

Is it really an issue? Once you have knowledge of each loop running them half blind isn’t an issue.

• Clowning
    Clowning Member Posts: 886
    Options

Well, now I've seen everything.

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 4,955
    Options

Don't jinx it, in todays day and age, everything is possible, even a Killing Joke like this one.

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623
    Options

Clown has been sitting up in S tier for far too long. His bottles are way too op, they slow for far too long AND blind Survivors, it needs a nerf

• Phasmamain
    Options

There is some merit to the statement though. Clown is very easy to counter but the counter is just pre dropping pallets which is uninteractive for both sides. Clown forces this gameplay which to most is considered boring therefor he is widely considered boring

• lkalin91
    lkalin91 Member Posts: 150
    Options

yes

• AsherFrost
    AsherFrost Member Posts: 2,340
    Options

If you think clown is unfun to play against, you clearly lack the proper amount of fart jokes.

• Phasmamain
    Options

Yeah this post is kinda dumb since the blind is irrelevant and has only got me like 5 hits at most but just because someone says a killer is “boring” doesn’t mean they have trouble with them

• MaTtRoSiTy
    MaTtRoSiTy Member Posts: 1,744
    Options

As someone who plays a fair bit of Clown myself, I do think they could perhaps tone the effect down a bit as it is quite annoying to go against. But there is a fine line between it being annoying and headache inducing, or just plain useless and ineffective

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,099
    Options

I already started blinding my team with firecrackers.

• Lat0
    Lat0 Member Posts: 92
    Options

Next time a survivor main streamer says "killer mains are crybabies" i will link him this post

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options

Thats the spirit!

I wonder, why i don´t get progress on my archives for "kill 20 survivors by any means" when i play survivor.

• Nemmy_Wemmy
    Nemmy_Wemmy Member Posts: 800
    Options

Are you back or are you still on your dbd break? You getting into any other killers as of late or mostly just still clown?

Myself I've been mostly on Spider-Man I'm just now getting around to doing the DLC. Beat the actual game a few days ago. When on Dead by Daylight I'm trying to grind out some BP to actually take advantage of these rare BP events.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,988
    Options

It should obscure your vision even more.

• GuyFawx
    GuyFawx Member Posts: 2,021
    edited January 2022
    Options

It’s payback for all those flashlights it’s clearly deserved

• Phasmamain
    Options

I’m still on my break atm. When I do start playing again though I’ll probably stick to clown since he is the only killer I’m good with and since MMR is busted there’s no point in trying to learn new ones

I would love to play Spider-Man at some point but I’m on Xbox sadly :(. Atm I’m mostly playing Back 4 blood and AC Valhalla