SWF and upcoming matchmaking changes

Options
edgarpoop
edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,096

If I understand the upcoming changes correctly, it will show all survivors joining lobby at the same time regardless of whether or not they are SWF. I'm really concerned about that, because playing against 4 man SWF isn't fun at all to me. I realize most of the responses will be of the "git gud" variety, but I work full time and have a one hour commute each way. I don't have a ton of time to improve my skill to compete against a game that isn't balanced to factor in voice comms in the first place. I top out at purple ranks and I'm typically fine with that. The game isn't enjoyable at all when I play against a 4 man squad that cleanses Ruin by the time I walk over to it and completes 2-3 gens by the time I've hooked the first survivor. I normally just dodge them when I know I only have an hour or so to play in the evening and just want to enjoy the little time I have to game. Sometimes I'll play them if I want a challenge, but that should be a choice considering the massive disadvantage voice comms put killers at. I think this move could alienate the more casual killer population of the game and increase queue times for survivors. It's not about having easy games. It's about not being tricked into games where the deck is stacked against you from the start.

Comments

• DarkWo1f997
    DarkWo1f997 Member Posts: 1,532
    Options
    There’s more players now so they typically all join at the same time. I know it can be stressful, but if it’s too much I recommend playing hag or legion, and just focusing on filling deviousness, brutality, and hunting, and then go for kills. 

Don’t hold yourself to a standard where if you’re not getting kills then it doesn’t matter, it’s really not healthy to stress like that, instead do what matters, pip.  Playing legion especially will teach you the patience and restraint of playing killer and actually reward you for not being greedy for kills. 

Trust me if you play with the mindset that your goal is to cause as much chaos as possible before the survivors escape, you’ll enjoy the game much more. 
  • KingSavageGaming
    KingSavageGaming Member Posts: 148
    Options
    I 100% agree they need to add a opt out option or make playing against swf worth it because right now it ain't worth the stress .
  • Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,225
    Options
    Sadly they eill not make a "noswf" option.

Nor will they mark swf's in the lobby with icons or whatever.
    Both would increasw suevivor frustration and we cant have that.

Killers will sadly have to adapt. And since this change isnt part of the trial, there wont be any balance-compensation.
  • JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,354
    Options

I might be talking nonsense here but since many killers dodge swf, there are more likely to be swfs in lobbies at any given time because the solos get snapped up immediately.

Once the new matchmaking system is in place, there will be no swf dodging so swf games will be distributed more evenly. I can cope with occasional grief squads.

Honestly, it made sense in my head.

• TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320
    edited January 2019
    Options

luls

So.... Basically the Devs need to cater around casual players is what you are saying?

You only got a little to play each day, so you want to make sure you win everytime you play since you have no time for losing any matches.

It is because of posts like this, at some point the Devs are just going to make it so you'll never see anyone in your lobby. You'll click join... and all you'll see is anonymous markers showing you others players are ready to play. Then everyone jumps in and starts with all the same info everyone else has. Which is the fairest it should be anyways.

Can't handle playing some SWF now and then, you should stop play since more then half your matches will have some form of SWF in it.

The way the lobbies are being pull together now anways, you can't really tell who is SWF just by how they enter the lobby. If you are still dodging SWF based on that info, after the lastest matchmaking.... You are certainly more frightened of SWF then you realize.

• weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144
    Options

@TheBean said:
    luls

So.... Basically the Devs need to cater around casual players is what you are saying?

You only got a little to play each day, so you want to make sure you win everytime you play since you have no time for losing any matches.

It is because of posts like this, at some point the Devs are just going to make it so you'll never see anyone in your lobby. You'll click join... and all you'll see is anonymous markers showing you others players are ready to play. Then everyone jumps in and starts with all the same info everyone else has. Which is the fairest it should be anyways.

Can't handle playing some SWF now and then, you should stop play since more then half your matches will have some form of SWF in it.

The way the lobbies are being pull together now anways, you can't really tell who is SWF just by how they enter the lobby. If you are still dodging SWF based on that info, after the lastest matchmaking.... You are certainly more frightened of SWF then you realize.

When your advice stems to "stop playing" you've missed the point entirely.

Cater to casuals? Like they already do? What are you even talking about? SWF is casual to the max, and this change is exactly catering to casuals. This game was originally and STILL is balanced around solo survivors, as there is no reasonable way for Killers to fight back against a good squad, ala the Depip Squad, whom the devs have acknowledged the balance issue from.

If you're going to make a point, at least know what you're talking about. Suddenly if you go against solos that means you want to win every single match? No? Because good solo survivors exist, you're talking to one right now.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

@edgarpoop said:
    If I understand the upcoming changes correctly, it will show all survivors joining lobby at the same time regardless of whether or not they are SWF. I'm really concerned about that, because playing against 4 man SWF isn't fun at all to me. I realize most of the responses will be of the "git gud" variety, but I work full time and have a one hour commute each way. I don't have a ton of time to improve my skill to compete against a game that isn't balanced to factor in voice comms in the first place. I top out at purple ranks and I'm typically fine with that. The game isn't enjoyable at all when I play against a 4 man squad that cleanses Ruin by the time I walk over to it and completes 2-3 gens by the time I've hooked the first survivor. I normally just dodge them when I know I only have an hour or so to play in the evening and just want to enjoy the little time I have to game. Sometimes I'll play them if I want a challenge, but that should be a choice considering the massive disadvantage voice comms put killers at. I think this move could alienate the more casual killer population of the game and increase queue times for survivors. It's not about having easy games. It's about not being tricked into games where the deck is stacked against you from the start.

You will have to dodge them ingame now.
    DCing isnt punished, so whatever I guess?

I only hope that we get a proper ranking system soon

• Master
    Options

@TheBean said:
    luls

luls

DBD is a game catering towards casual in case you havent noticed.

And yes, at the moment it seems like the solution is indeed stopping to play, DCing and hoping for a better next game.

• weirdkid5
    edited January 2019
    Options

@Master said:

@TheBean said:
    luls

luls

And yes, at the moment it seems like the solution is indeed stopping to play, DCing and hoping for a better next game.

Too bad apparently they will be developing this game for another 5 years rather than make a sequel, which will allow them to fix issues that simply updating a game cannot fix without massive upheaval.

This game isn't balanced enough like games like League or TF2 are that can actually hold long cycles like that.

• Master
    Options

@weirdkid5 said:

@Master said:

@TheBean said:
    luls

luls

Too bad apparently they will be developing this game for another 5 years rather than make a sequel, which will allow them to fix issues that simply updating a game cannot fix without massive upheaval.

I doubt that the majority would pay for another game.
    I dont think I would..... my wallet has been closed since the freddy desaster

• weirdkid5
    Options

@Master said:

@weirdkid5 said:

@Master said:

@TheBean said:
    luls

luls

I'd gladly pay for another game if it meant it would be twice as good as the original.

• Master
    Options

@weirdkid5 said:

@Master said:

@weirdkid5 said:

@Master said:

@TheBean said:
    luls

luls

I'd gladly pay for another game if it meant it would be twice as good as the original.

You never know that in the beginning.
    Most of the players would hold back their money and wait (just like they did with Deadgarden)

• DwightsLifeMatters
    DwightsLifeMatters Member Posts: 1,649
    Options
    Well, enjoy dodging lobby as long as it lasts. After that you have to figure out what to do. You can still check their steam profiles and check if they are friends to avoid obvious swf groups.
    I don't do it, cuz I'm to lazy to check every lobby the steam profiles. And you will probably get annoyed of that aswell
  • TheBean
    Options

@weirdkid5 said:

Cater to casuals? Like they already do? What are you even talking about? SWF is casual to the max, and this change is exactly catering to casuals. This game was originally and STILL is balanced around solo survivors, as there is no reasonable way for Killers to fight back against a good squad, ala the Depip Squad, whom the devs have acknowledged the balance issue from.

If you're going to make a point, at least know what you're talking about. Suddenly if you go against solos that means you want to win every single match? No? Because good solo survivors exist, you're talking to one right now.

Yeah... Comparing casuals.. LULs... Killer Casual... To SWF Survivor Casual.... Yeah good comparison.

Here we go guys... THE DEPIP SQUAD argument... Luls.... You know how much that argument means to the Devs?..... Nothing... But yet this is what poor old players still cling onto as their dying breath of SWF vs poor old killers.... HEY YOU KNOW THAT DEPIP SQUAD!.... year(s) later... still harping on the same tired argument of the shipwrecked players clinging onto their NO-SWF dingy for support.... WHEN WILL YOU HELP ME DEVS!... POOR ME AND THE DEPIP SQUAD.... sad.

Yeah... Hard to be too wrong about saying that more then half your matches will have some form of SWF in it. But yet... I guess by your argument.... YOU MIGHT JUST GET THAT DEPIP SQUAD!... So watch out survivors!!!!! THE SKY IS FALLING.

Thanks for also using my post as a spring board to boost your ego! I hope your the best!.. There I hope that strokes you a bit.

Maybe I termed the casual too wrong for you... The 1 hour casual player... to the 8 hour a day casual player....

Sorry... I didn't mention that... The op sounds like an hour a day casual player... So yeah.... I don't think they should cater to the 1 hour a day casual player.

Sorry I don't feel like stroking the OP's argument for them. I don't feel like putting my arm around them and trying to make them feel better about something that isn't going to change.

• Tucking_Friggered
    Tucking_Friggered Member Posts: 636
    edited January 2019
    Options

@Raptorrotas said:
    Sadly they eill not make a "noswf" option.

Nor will they mark swf's in the lobby with icons or whatever.
    Both would increasw suevivor frustration and we cant have that.

Killers will sadly have to adapt. And since this change isnt part of the trial, there wont be any balance-compensation.

They will adapt by not playing. No one is going to consistently play 4 man voip squads every game and stick around.

It is a delusion.

• Master
    Options

@DwightsLifeMatters said:
    Well, enjoy dodging lobby as long as it lasts. After that you have to figure out what to do. You can still check their steam profiles and check if they are friends to avoid obvious swf groups.
    I don't do it, cuz I'm to lazy to check every lobby the steam profiles. And you will probably get annoyed of that aswell

As long as DCing isnt punished........ :smile:

• laKUKA
    laKUKA Member Posts: 406
    Options

We GOT THE POWER! we need stop playing or buying cosmetic until our voices are heard.
    Is the ONLY WAY.

• Bongbingbing
    Bongbingbing Member Posts: 1,423
    Options

As a more casual player I can say that facing SWF over and over does make me want to stop playing. At this point I just play to do my daily and that's it.
    I can see how not being able to tell anymore and having a SWF games one after the other is going to drive a lot of Killers away from the game.

• Rebel_Raven
    Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775
    Options
    I mean it would be nice if the devs gave a ######### about killers with limited play time and don't want to constantly get stomped by SWF.
    I'm pretty casual here. I don't have a realistic SWF killer build, and I don't want to play it constantly. 
    I'd like to chill and play other low level killers.

It's pretty apparent they don't give a damn about us.

They're making SWF harder to detect so I'm going to vs people full colors of ranks above me, and smurfs on the regular.

There's this "plan" to make every solo player as tough as an SWF player, then buff killers. I use the term plan loosely as no one knows how the hell they're going to do it, and odds are killers will lag behind for months, or years. Especially with their track record on helping already struggling killers.

But SWF players bitches enough, and now they get to smurf, and break the ######### out of match making pitting under prepared killers against them. 

And no, git gud doesn't work here. Not against survivors using the biggest ######### crutches in Dead By Daylight history. 
    ######### outta here with that hypocrisy. 
    Especially when you delight in going into brown ranks to stomp people. 

I swear I have high expectations that they will make me regret every auric cell I ever bought.

Just glad I enjoy solo survivor. Doesn't help i play survivor a lot partly because of the bullshit killers go through. 
  • weirdkid5
    Options

@TheBean said:

@weirdkid5 said:

Yeah... Comparing casuals.. LULs... Killer Casual... To SWF Survivor Casual.... Yeah good comparison.

Here we go guys... THE DEPIP SQUAD argument... Luls.... You know how much that argument means to the Devs?..... Nothing... But yet this is what poor old players still cling onto as their dying breath of SWF vs poor old killers.... HEY YOU KNOW THAT DEPIP SQUAD!.... year(s) later... still harping on the same tired argument of the shipwrecked players clinging onto their NO-SWF dingy for support.... WHEN WILL YOU HELP ME DEVS!... POOR ME AND THE DEPIP SQUAD.... sad.

Yeah... Hard to be too wrong about saying that more then half your matches will have some form of SWF in it. But yet... I guess by your argument.... YOU MIGHT JUST GET THAT DEPIP SQUAD!... So watch out survivors!!!!! THE SKY IS FALLING.

Thanks for also using my post as a spring board to boost your ego! I hope your the best!.. There I hope that strokes you a bit.

Maybe I termed the casual too wrong for you... The 1 hour casual player... to the 8 hour a day casual player....

Sorry... I didn't mention that... The op sounds like an hour a day casual player... So yeah.... I don't think they should cater to the 1 hour a day casual player.

Sorry I don't feel like stroking the OP's argument for them. I don't feel like putting my arm around them and trying to make them feel better about something that isn't going to change.

This doesn't change the fact the existence of SWF is purely a casual mechanic, you seem to have failed to ignore that point, as long as Cote himself stating this game was always balanced around solo players.

The depip squad doesn't matter to the devs because they would lose their cash cow if they actually made the game more difficult for SWF players/buffed Killers in a meaningful way. At what point do you understand that I am a Survivor player, it doesn't take being a Killer main to see the game is busted in terms of balance, with SWF being a main part of it, but other factors being the main issue overall.

If you keep using caps, you just might turn out to be right one day. You just might make the universe fold to your will if you hold shift hard enough. OP may only have one hour a day to play but that doesn't mean he's "casual" when it comes to his understanding of balance and fair play. He plays up to purple ranks, so presumably he's a least a somewhat decent Killer. But even ScottJund got demolished by the Squad, so hey, just git gud right?

• ColonGlock
    ColonGlock Member Posts: 1,224
    Options

Just focus on earning BP and do not respect pallets. Use Enduring and always pickup facing a wall. Assume everyone had dead hard. Try to have fun!

• Well_Placed_HexTotem
    Options
    Luckily on Xbox you can just click a persons profile and see their friends, and see if their SWF anyway. 

I wouldnt dodge SWF, but it certainly makes yunalter your play style and loadout, so it certainly sucks for killers that they’re doing this. But at least killers finally get their load outs hidden from dead survivors.

In red ranks on Xbox you can tell who most SWF teams are anyway when they load in. 
  • TheBean
    Options

@weirdkid5 said:
    This doesn't change the fact the existence of SWF is purely a casual mechanic, you seem to have failed to ignore that point, as long as Cote himself stating this game was always balanced around solo players.

The depip squad doesn't matter to the devs because they would lose their cash cow if they actually made the game more difficult for SWF players/buffed Killers in a meaningful way. At what point do you understand that I am a Survivor player, it doesn't take being a Killer main to see the game is busted in terms of balance, with SWF being a main part of it, but other factors being the main issue overall.

If you keep using caps, you just might turn out to be right one day. You just might make the universe fold to your will if you hold shift hard enough. OP may only have one hour a day to play but that doesn't mean he's "casual" when it comes to his understanding of balance and fair play. He plays up to purple ranks, so presumably he's a least a somewhat decent Killer. But even ScottJund got demolished by the Squad, so hey, just git gud right?

Yeah I miss the point about how the whole game is casual. Yeap... missed that whole point. Missed that the 1 hour casual killer wants the Devs to cater around them... Since SWF is casual... It shouldn't be an issue then... so what is the problem?

I always love the, Since I don't agree with you, then I don't understand. LULS

I don't think you seem to understand I don't care if you play killer or survivor. I don't understand why you think what side you play has any bearing or relevance to this discussion. Why this even matters is beyond me.

I don't understand why you think I care whether some streamer wins or loses in any match.

You know what you said about CAPs. The same could be directed back to you. Keep talking about the depip squad like it matters. Maybe one day the Devs will turn around and validate it for you. I mean.... It has only been about a year now since that was done.

I don't know... I still see killers at rank 1 killing survivors all the time... Even if they are in SWF... So I guess I'm wrong because the depip squad and swf ruin the game somehow.

But oh yeah... I forgot..... You want the Devs to tank their game cause some 1 hour hard core killer players aren't having fun playing SWF and want to dodge them all the time.... Oh yeah... Sorry I forgot that.

OP comes on here to discuss better ways to dodging SWF lobbies cause they don't find them fun to play against.... Yet I don't agree with that mentality, so I don't understand.

Give me a break weirdkid5.

• Condorloco_26
    Condorloco_26 Member Posts: 1,714
    Options

@TheBean said:
    luls

> So.... Basically the Devs need to cater around casual players is what you are saying?

Because all the safety nets and crutch perks in the game are designed around Top-Skill play, right?

• TheBean
    Options

@Condorloco_26 said:
    Because all the safety nets and crutch perks in the game are designed around Top-Skill play, right?

Read what the OP is asking. That is what is being discussed. People shouldn't derail the conversation into some nonsense.

The post above says enough. OP doesn't like changes to lobbies cause they can't dodge as easily anymore. Wants to dodge SWF cause of the limited amount of time they have available to play each day.

I don't want the Devs to cater to those styles of players. Those that dodge the lobbies cause they can't handle the game like many many other do.

Maybe bring your perk discussion to another thread where they are actually being discussed.

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    Options
    Master said:

As long as DCing isnt punished........ :smile:

Please stop spreading false Info, dcing is punishable by a ban it's just done in waves and you need a set percentage, if you dc every time it's an SWF then you will get temp banned as the last stats we had had over 60% of games having some sort of swf in them.
  • Condorloco_26
    Condorloco_26 Member Posts: 1,714
    Options

@TheBean said:

Read what the OP is asking. That is what is being discussed. People shouldn't derail the conversation into some nonsense.

The post above says enough. OP doesn't like changes to lobbies cause they can't dodge as easily anymore. Wants to dodge SWF cause of the limited amount of time they have available to play each day.

I don't want the Devs to cater to those styles of players. Those that dodge the lobbies cause they can't handle the game like many many other do.

Maybe bring your perk discussion to another thread where they are actually being discussed.

I'm stating the opinion I have about your post. I'm saying you can not turn a blind eye to all the other signs out there, meaning that the game is already 80% catered to casual and new player needs. IMO the other 20% would mean adding a casual mode in which anyone can participate, as opposed to KYF where you need other 4 friends to play a full match.

I can understand why people wouldn't like to face 4 man squads. Turning a blind eye to that, won't help at all either. But balance discussions aside, OP is asking for the choice of facing, or not facing, said 4man squads. Casual mode could help solve his problem.