Forget Jason

Options
Mushwin
Mushwin Member Posts: 4,576
edited January 2019 in General Discussions

It's not going to happen! trapper is very much Jason!

Post edited by Mushwin on

Comments

• Mrrgle_the_Mediocre
    Mrrgle_the_Mediocre Member Posts: 346
    Options

but what if we want jason

• Arroz
    Arroz Member Posts: 1,433
    Options

@Mrrgle_the_Mediocre said:

You will wait 10 years when devs dont have killers ideas :)
    JUST UNDERSTAND JASON WILL NEVER BE IN THIS GAME.

• A_Crow
    A_Crow Member Posts: 193
    Options
    Arroz said:

But what if we want Tommy?
  • Arroz
    Arroz Member Posts: 1,433
    Options

@A_Crow said:
    Arroz said:

But what if we want Tommy?

Devs dont want more licensed character.. They want original character and they dont want to use them money.

• Attackfrog
    Attackfrog Member Posts: 1,134
    Options

I don't understand how people compare trapper to jason. Jason laid a trap or two in all his movies but traps are certainly not iconic for him.

Is it the looks? There mask? Beyond that...I can't understand how people compare the two.

• LCGaster
    LCGaster Member Posts: 3,154
    Options

They said a while back that if they wanted they could get the license to Jason. So, he could come to the game. Probably not soon because people were tired of licensed killers, but in the future some of the players will want a licensed killer, so who knows, may be Jason or may not be Jason

• Condorloco_26
    Condorloco_26 Member Posts: 1,714
    Options

Fix the weak-ass killers first! I would gladly trade one new content chapter for a health/balance/rework one.

That said, the devs have stated that the door is open for Jason. So maybe one day...

• Tucking_Friggered
    Tucking_Friggered Member Posts: 636
    edited January 2019
    Options

Pinhead >Jason. There isn't even a comparison. Pinhead's hooks fit perfectly with the lore of the entity and sacrifice. Lucky for me Cote has Pinhead as his favorite licensed killer that he wants for DbD.

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,907
    Options

Ehhh...Jason has his own game (albeit it is kind of dead). The devs did a really good job on the maps and soundtrack. Unless Jason was given a proper chase theme like Myers and a good ability I wouldn’t really want to see Jason. Also the F13 franchise is in a very ugly lawsuit between creators so I dunno if BHVR wants to put themselves in the situation.

• FayeZahara
    FayeZahara Member Posts: 965
    Options

i want pamela vorhees as soon as all this legal bullshit is done. Sure if they talked to victor miller they would give him probally a pamela vorhees designed by tom savinni. But i will have hope in the years to come not really now. They also could just do sweet collab where they give him alternate body on trapper. But i think pointless to talk about collab until one could be possible. Lets talk about clive barker candyman and pinhead. We can talk about wes craven ghostface or Don Mancini chucky. Think important to talk about whats possible and hope your favourite killer icon is done right.

• Mushwin
    Mushwin Member Posts: 4,576
    Options

@FayeZahara said:
    i want pamela vorhees as soon as all this legal bullshit is done. Sure if they talked to victor miller they would give him probally a pamela vorhees designed by tom savinni. But i will have hope in the years to come not really now. They also could just do sweet collab where they give him alternate body on trapper. But i think pointless to talk about collab until one could be possible. Lets talk about clive barker candyman and pinhead. We can talk about wes craven ghostface or Don Mancini chucky. Think important to talk about whats possible and hope your favourite killer icon is done right.

Pamela would be awesome! Jason just isn't going to happen....

• AtomicCPU3
    AtomicCPU3 Member Posts: 28
    Options

i'm just gonna say that they will probably never be able to add Jason as the rights and license of the character is currently under debate .

just look at the Friday The 13th game made by Gun Media that has completely halted in development due to the discussion and argument of who owns the rights so i feel like it would do nothing but bad for DBD

• Luc_ius
    Luc_ius Member Posts: 155
    Options

@AtomicCPU3 said:
    i'm just gonna say that they will probably never be able to add Jason as the rights and license of the character is currently under debate .

just look at the Friday The 13th game made by Gun Media that has completely halted in development due to the discussion and argument of who owns the rights so i feel like it would do nothing but bad for DBD

I was thinking what happened with the game and I thought it's because there is no progress. Once you reach aome lvl and have all the characters and aome good perks, there's nothing more. Strange thing is, it's dead only on PS4, on xbox there are still many people.

• AtomicCPU3
    Options

@Luc_ius said:

@AtomicCPU3 said:

I was thinking what happened with the game and I thought it's because there is no progress. Once you reach aome lvl and have all the characters and aome good perks, there's nothing more. Strange thing is, it's dead only on PS4, on xbox there are still many people.

nah a lot of people still play it on PS4 but i kinda lost interest recently after reaching lvl 100. like i said the reason the progress is so stunted is because of the copyright law suits/debates, they even planned to bring out Jason X and the spaceship map with him as well as a ton of other things. if you search Friday the 13th game road map you'll see how much they had planned

• Luc_ius
    Luc_ius Member Posts: 155
    Options

@AtomicCPU3 said:

@Luc_ius said:

@AtomicCPU3 said:

nah a lot of people still play it on PS4 but i kinda lost interest recently after reaching lvl 100. like i said the reason the progress is so stunted is because of the copyright law suits/debates, they even planned to bring out Jason X and the spaceship map with him as well as a ton of other things. if you search Friday the 13th game road map you'll see how much they had planned

On PS I wait about 20mins in a queue and then it says error (the game continues) but this pops in every start of the game.
    That's a pity, the game was good.

• AtomicCPU3
    Options

@Luc_ius said:

@AtomicCPU3 said:

@Luc_ius said:

@AtomicCPU3 said:

On PS I wait about 20mins in a queue and then it says error (the game continues) but this pops in every start of the game.
    That's a pity, the game was good.

yeah it really was a good game a lot funny memories of it. i was a pro driver lol

• Onionthing
    Onionthing Member Posts: 469
    edited January 2019
    Options

Clown = IT / Killer clowns form mars
    Legion = Ghostface
    Spirit = Samara / Grudge girl
    Trapper = Jason
    Billy = Arguably better than Leather face
    Hag = Blair Witch
    Doctor = Honestly he fits a hellraiser theme, i still want a proper Cenobite, even if its a homegrown one.
    Nurse = Who didn't think of Silent hill? Shes just not as sexalized as the bubble heads.
    Huntress = My goodness there have been quite a few Axe Murderer movies in the past. The bunny mask is a nice touch tho :chuffed:

There is a reason home grown villains will out number licensed ones. Less royalties paid out, less headache, more money for devs.

If another liscensed killer comes out I will be happy, but Im not going to expect it. Period.

• FayeZahara
    FayeZahara Member Posts: 965
    Options

@Mushwin said:

@FayeZahara said:

Pamela would be awesome! Jason just isn't going to happen....

Yeah i think sean will milk him in another way and always think about a 2nd jason game. Victor will probally be more open with getting out pamela in movies and maybe a game like dbd also. Think jason is a never until they figuire out how to go forward with jason and build a franchise with him outside of f13. So if dead by daylight has 20 years more life in future then he is coming on that 20th year. xD

• Divinitye9
    Divinitye9 Member Posts: 392
    Options
    How many times must be beat this poor dead horse?
  • Onionthing
    Onionthing Member Posts: 469
    Options

@Divinitye9 said:
    How many times must be beat this poor dead horse?

Until we can hook it and sacrifice it to the entity Im afraid.