Stun challenge needs a better description

Stun challenges like Back Off! or Whatever It Takes need to have their description changed from "Stun the Killer x time(s)" to "Have the Killer let you stun them x time(s)."

Killers have enough counterplay to not ever be stunned. Survivors cannot stun killers; killers can only let themselves be stunned.

• Pallets? The killer can respect them
  • Decisive Strike? The killer can wait it out
  • Blast Mine? The killer can inspect the top of the gen
  • Head On? The killer can bait and/or surprise search

Comments

• Freddo
    Freddo Member Posts: 139

Killer's actually can't see the flashbang from blast mine sitting on the gen.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,200

Here we have it, it's impossible to stun killers.

I guess all those times I've stunned a killer were just fever dreams.

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,142

I did not say it was impossible for the killer to be stunned.

I said that if a killer does not want to be stunned, they can play in a way to never be stunned. They have to let the survivors stun them.

• BeanLag
    BeanLag Member Posts: 94

If the killer respects ALL the pallets its either because he is bad or you are bad. If you are looping correctly, the killer will be forced to: try to guess you are going to drop the pallet; risk a hit. There you have 2 options: Try to predict if he is going to hit or if he is going to respect it. If he respects pallets all time, simply dont drop it and he will literally never hit you, so yeah, in that case you are not going to stunt him, but you are going to loop him for the whole game without even dropping the pallet. So obviously in this case one of you are doing things bad

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,200
    edited November 2021

So every killer I've stunned wanted to be stunned? They decided "nah I'm not going to play to win, I'm going to gimp myself instead."

• Bran
    Bran Member Posts: 2,096

I mean yeah as killer I don't try and let myself be stunned.

As surv, even in my last few surv games I've gotten stuns on the killer. It's all about positioning.

Pallets can stun. That doesn't mean you always have to stun them though nor should you always get the stun.

• BeanLag
    BeanLag Member Posts: 94

Also if killer is respecting all pallets it can be due for 2 reasons: Instead of looping you are insta dropping/camping pallets; he by default respects all pallets, which is good for you because you can loop him for a very long time baiting pallet drops

• Nos37

The killer can use Ruin or Jolt,or just not kick gens at all. No Blast Mine stun.

• Nos37
    edited November 2021

No, every killer you stunned just didn't respect the pallet.

If a killer is AFK, the survivors have no way of stunning the killer. The survivors cannot actively stun the killer. The killer has to do something to get stunned. That's my point.

• EXPERIMENTONGOD
    EXPERIMENTONGOD Member Posts: 36

I completely agree, I'm currently trying to complete "Back Off!" and I always get 3 out of 4 stuns on a trial (need 4). When I get 3 pallets stuns I don't get to use DS and when I use DS I only get 2 pallet stuns. I've tried "Blast Mine" and haven't managed to proc it even once yet ("Hex: Ruin" being so popular on killer).

The only way to "reliably" get stuns is by letting you GET HIT by the killer at a pallet and THEN stunning them after the hit. But doing this 4 times is... not easy to say the least