Some busted killer addons need to be removed

DwightsLifeMatters
DwightsLifeMatters Member Posts: 1,649
edited January 2019 in General Discussions

- additional blinks addons of nurse
Absolutely busted, not only you cover much more distance even without range addons, but also you got as survivor 0 chance to win a chase. Remove it, it's healthier for DbD.

- Prayers beats addon of spirit 
Seriously, this addon is busted. Getting free grabs at gens is stupid af. Takes 0 skill to use and has an reward like NOED. Even more than noed, cuz u don't even waste time chasing.

Comments

• DwightsLifeMatters
    Gardenia said:
    Prayer beads should be left alone, however nurses extra blinks should go.
    Why tho? Isn't it absolutely stupid to get free grabs over and over again?
  • DwightsLifeMatters
    Vietfox said:
    Please remove speed limiter.
    PigNRun said:

Also remove Survivor Pudding because the description is offensive.

Go home you are drunk 
  • Gardenia
    Gardenia Member Posts: 1,143
    edited January 2019
    Gardenia said:
    Prayer beads should be left alone, however nurses extra blinks should go.
    Why tho? Isn't it absolutely stupid to get free grabs over and over again?
    I don't think so, because its jumpscarey and also, I don't find it happens every match. And if they do have prayer beads I normally just judge how far she is before I start the gen. I honestly don't like feeling safe on gens that's why I like vs Myers as well.
  • TheMidnightRidr
    TheMidnightRidr Member Posts: 599
    nøbødy said:
    Salty surv main....
    Go home salty killer main
    You’re both entitled. Grow up. As for the discussion, I say changing the multi blinks for something else should happen. Multi blinks just kind of takes the skill out of nurse. The prayer beads I don’t think should go, however I wouldn’t be against them making it an ultra rare addon versus just very rare. 
  • Ryuhi
    Ryuhi Member Posts: 3,733

@DwightsLifeMatters said:

• additional blinks addons of nurse
      Absolutely busted, not only you cover much more distance even without range addons, but also you got as survivor 0 chance to win a chase. Remove it, it's healthier for DbD.

• Prayers beats addon of spirit 
      Seriously, this addon is busted. Getting free grabs at gens is stupid af. Takes 0 skill to use and has an reward like NOED. Even more than noed, cuz u don't even waste time chasing.

Prayer beads, while absurdly strong, do still require skill as you can't see the survivor so you have to guess between 1-4 placements where the survivor you're trying to grab is. Granted guessing wrong is still usually a free hit, but still. I mean you can always just gen tap until you know who the killer is just to be safe...

• Fenrir
    Fenrir Member Posts: 533

If you take those add ons away i want ds and dead hard taken away
  • thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

The only thing I think they should do with Prayer Beads is make it a pink add-on, swap it with Father's Glasses.

• yeet
    yeet Member Posts: 1,832

you can defeat prayer beads with good reaction times

• Freudentrauma
    Freudentrauma Member Posts: 1,053

I have to agree, that these AddOns might not on the best spot right now. But I wouldn't completely remove them. Prayers jus tmight be a better fit as an UR than an VR compared to father's glasses and Nurse should only have one additional blink AddOn as a UR as well. But Nurse is complicated. Her AddOns need a complete overhaul in the first place. Worth of it's own discussion.

@Ryuhi said:

Prayer beads, while absurdly strong, do still require skill as you can't see the survivor so you have to guess between 1-4 placements where the survivor you're trying to grab is. Granted guessing wrong is still usually a free hit, but still. I mean you can always just gen tap until you know who the killer is just to be safe...

You don't have to guess that much, because you will realize it, when you bump into that survivor, which gives away their position.

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270
    Vietfox said:
    Please remove speed limiter.
    Only through my cold, dead body.
  • NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

@Ryuhi said:

Prayer beads, while absurdly strong, do still require skill as you can't see the survivor so you have to guess between 1-4 placements where the survivor you're trying to grab is.

Survivors have collision, you know exactly on which position they are sitting. It isn't skill.

I agree with OP on that, Prayer Beads in its current state is not o.k. The only "counter" would be to gen tap and that's of course out of the question. Make the Walk more quiet but not completely silent.

• George_Soros
    edited January 2019

@Ryuhi said:

Prayer beads, while absurdly strong, do still require skill as you can't see the survivor so you have to guess between 1-4 placements where the survivor you're trying to grab is.

Survivors have collision, you know exactly on which position they are sitting. It isn't skill.

I agree with OP on that, Prayer Beads in its current state is not o.k. The only "counter" would be to gen tap and that's of course out of the question. Make the Walk more quiet but not completely silent.

I LOVE Prayer Beads Bracelet, so it pains me to say it, but I agree. It's just too strong. I don't think though it should be changed in a way that makes Spirit Walk quieter, but not completely silent, as you suggest. Rather, I think it should come with some downside, as many strong addons do. Maybe slower Spirit Walk speed or shorter duration, possibly a longer cooldown on missed attacks coming out of it. Not sure. But the jumpscare factor of it is priceless, so I'd leave the main effect as it is.
  • NoShinyPony

@George_Soros said:
    NoShinyPony said:

@Ryuhi said:

* additional blinks addons of nurse

I LOVE Prayer Beads Bracelet, so it pains me to say it, but I agree. It's just too strong. I don't think though it should be changed in a way that makes Spirit Walk quieter, but not completely silent, as you suggest. Rather, I think it should come with some downside, as many strong addons do.

It's not a strong add-on, it's a too strong add-on. Sorry, but since it doesn't have a counter, you can't simply add a negative effect. In order for it to be a strong, but balanced add-on, the total silence has to go.

• Theluckyboi
    Theluckyboi Member Posts: 1,113

Yeah then remove insta heal add-ons and we are fine

• mcNuggets
    mcNuggets Member Posts: 767
    edited January 2019

There are people being bad at playing nurse.
    Nurse needs a rework, not a buff or a nerf.
    She needs to stay top tier, but easier to play, while there has to be limits for her.

Spirit is fine, git gud.

• NoShinyPony

@Theluckyboi said:

One unbalanced thing doesn't justify the existence of another unbalanced thing in the game. Every unbalanced item/add-on/etc. should be reworked.

• George_Soros
    edited January 2019

@NoShinyPony said:

the total silence has to go.

No. It's fun for both killer and survivors. Just needs balancing.

There actually are counters to it by the way. The moment you realize she's using the Bracelet, you can adjust. Look around before jumping on a gen or totem, wait until someone's injured or hooked, and then start repairing. Some perks can also be helpful: Premonition, Spine Chill, Empathy, Alert, OoO, maybe some others too.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    How about we first buff useless addons of other killers?
  • Ryuhi

@George_Soros said:

@NoShinyPony said:

There actually are counters to it by the way. The moment you realize she's using the Bracelet, you can adjust. Look around before jumping on a gen or totem, wait until someone's injured or hooked, and then start repairing. Some perks can also be helpful: Premonition, Spine Chill, Empathy, Alert, OoO, maybe some others too.

BuT tHoSe PeRkS aReNt MeTa

• Ryuhi

for real though, its amazing how underrated empathy is

• NoShinyPony

@George_Soros said:

@NoShinyPony said:

Well, I wouldn't consider a free grab/hook fun.

@George_Soros said:
    There actually are counters to it by the way. The moment you realize she's using the Bracelet, you can adjust. Look around before jumping on a gen or totem

There are so many places on maps where that isn't possible

@George_Soros said:
    wait until someone's injured or hooked, and then start repairing

That is such a big waste of time that giving the killer a free grab/hook would be better.

@George_Soros said:
    Some perks can also be helpful: Premonition, Spine Chill, Empathy, Alert, OoO, maybe some others too.

These perks don't necesseraly help against that add-on. Also, why should survivors need to bring a certain perk just to counter a completely unbalanced add-on?

• NoShinyPony

@Tsulan said:
    How about we first buff useless addons of other killers?

The useless add-ons need to be buffed/reworked, of course. That doesn't mean that a completely unbalanced add-on should stay in the game longer than necessary.

• Ryuhi

@NoShinyPony said:

@George_Soros said:

@NoShinyPony said:

@George_Soros said:
    There actually are counters to it by the way. The moment you realize she's using the Bracelet, you can adjust. Look around before jumping on a gen or totem

@George_Soros said:

That is such a big waste of time that giving the killer a free grab/hook would be better.

@George_Soros said:
    Some perks can also be helpful: Premonition, Spine Chill, Empathy, Alert, OoO, maybe some others too.

These perks don't necesseraly help against that add-on. Also, why should survivors need to bring a certain perk just to counter a completely unbalanced add-on?

Run empathy, for the love of all things holy. Not even just vs spirit, it will improve your map awareness a thousand fold the second that someone gets tagged. You will know where the killer's vicinity is, you will know which way they are likely going by seeing where the injured survivor goes (and consequently, as they do things like throw down pallets, you will have confirmation,) and you can play m1 simulator to your heart's content. As a bonus you can even rotate around the map to be as far away from the chase as possible if you're too much of a coward to stay in one place.

• Ryuhi

for the record I absolutely hated the update to the beads until I tried the spirit out, now it feels like the same area as something like mint rag on the hag: really good, but not busted. You'd have more validity complaining about things like being able to pair iridescent heads and the highest tier belt on the huntress.

• NoShinyPony

@PigNRun said:

@NoShinyPony said:

Oh my, the irony. Right?

Well, it goes both ways, of course. A killer should not have to bring certain perks to make up for other certain unbalanced things in the game... but this is a thread about specific add-ons and I don't want to derail.

• NoShinyPony

@Ryuhi said:
    for the record I absolutely hated the update to the beads until I tried the spirit out, now it feels like the same area as something like mint rag on the hag: really good, but not busted. You'd have more validity complaining about things like being able to pair iridescent heads and the highest tier belt on the huntress.

The huntress still needs to throw correctly. That is different to a free grab.

• NoShinyPony

@Ryuhi said:

@NoShinyPony said:

@George_Soros said:

@NoShinyPony said:

@George_Soros said:

@George_Soros said:

@George_Soros said:

Run empathy, for the love of all things holy. Not even just vs spirit, it will improve your map awareness a thousand fold the second that someone gets tagged. You will know where the killer's vicinity is, you will know which way they are likely going by seeing where the injured survivor goes (and consequently, as they do things like throw down pallets, you will have confirmation,) and you can play m1 simulator to your heart's content. As a bonus you can even rotate around the map to be as far away from the chase as possible if you're too much of a coward to stay in one place.

I used to play with Empathy a lot, now I don't anymore. I don't know where you got the idea that I would like to play gen simulator far away from trouble. You couldn't be more wrong. :p

• NoShinyPony

@George_Soros said:

@NoShinyPony said:

@George_Soros said:

@NoShinyPony said:

@George_Soros said:

@George_Soros said:

@George_Soros said:

Sorry, but it looks like you're just unwilling to adapt. I suggested some perfectly good ways to counter that addon. I understand you may not be running those perks, but as for biding your time, hiding and keeping an eye out for killer: it's something you can always do.
    I'm not saying it's easy, but come on. Where's the enjoyment if a game is easy? Facing a Spirit with this addon requires smart play. THAT is fun. Trying to play the same way every game, hoping it would work in any case is not.

I don't have anything against strong killers, strong add-ons. I dont have anything against getting better. I have something against heavily unbalanced stuff.

I consider that add-on heavily unbalanced, you don't. Sometimes people can't agree on something. Let's leave it at that, I think each of us simply can't convince the other. No hard feelings! :)

• Ryuhi

@NoShinyPony said:

@Ryuhi said:

The huntress still needs to throw correctly. That is different to a free grab.

so... the spirit can just phase and m1 randomly on the map and get a free grab on a survivor? I'm not following your logic. She needs to place herself beyond the range of her TR to the gen to not alert the survivors, get up to the gen without running straight in LoS at any point that grass can be disturbed, not look directly at the gen the whole time in case of Premonition or Spine Chill, and bump into survivors who are stay mindlessly on the gen... all within the timer of the phase walk itself. TBH that honestly sounds a lot more difficult than just following survivors until they have to throw a pallet down and just throwing the hatchet over the pallet as it drops.

• Ryuhi

@NoShinyPony said:

@Ryuhi said:

@NoShinyPony said:

@George_Soros said:

@NoShinyPony said:

@George_Soros said:

@George_Soros said:

@George_Soros said:

I used to play with Empathy a lot, now I don't anymore. I don't know where you got the idea that I would like to play gen simulator far away from trouble. You couldn't be more wrong. :p

The reason myself and others bring up empathy is because it is very similar to other perks like Iron Will: They will give you a major advantage over specific killers, while still being very useful against pretty much all the others. The're not part of the holy crutch spread that 95% survivors run, but they can accomplish a LOT if you can use them correctly. I mentioned rotating away from the killer because you seem to be paranoid that anytime there is a spirit with prayer beads you're going to get grabbed off a generator "for free," so I was stating how you could use the perk to alleviate your fears as it is a very strong counter to it for that exact reason.

• George_Soros

@NoShinyPony said:

@George_Soros said:

@NoShinyPony said:

@George_Soros said:

@NoShinyPony said:

@George_Soros said:

@George_Soros said:

@George_Soros said:

Sorry, but it looks like you're just unwilling to adapt. I suggested some perfectly good ways to counter that addon. I understand you may not be running those perks, but as for biding your time, hiding and keeping an eye out for killer: it's something you can always do.
    I'm not saying it's easy, but come on. Where's the enjoyment if a game is easy? Facing a Spirit with this addon requires smart play. THAT is fun. Trying to play the same way every game, hoping it would work in any case is not.

I don't have anything against strong killers, strong add-ons. I dont have anything against getting better. I have something against heavily unbalanced stuff.

I consider that add-on heavily unbalanced, you don't. Sometimes people can't agree on something. Let's leave it at that, I think each of us simply can't convince the other. No hard feelings! :)

Spoken like a true pony! :)
    And here I thought we're a few replies away from descending into one of those bitter flame wars. Cheers.

• HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298

@NoShinyPony said:

@Theluckyboi said:

One unbalanced thing doesn't justify the existence of another unbalanced thing in the game. Every unbalanced item/add-on/etc. should be reworked.

The total silence buffs the Spirit, you can hear her coming when out of her TR and everyone on a Gen knows she's coming and can grab you if she's coming to you. She might not but why risk it and look like an idiot? The beads is one of those rare add-ons that helps killers reach their full potential but isn't overpowered. It's very rare so not used often. But like many here, I also would sacrifice it to be an Ultra Rare so we can get a Very Rare Father's Glasses, because that just makes sense since Beads allow Gen grabs which are awesome and Glasses allow you to see blood which make up for crap tracking.

• SlothGirly
    SlothGirly Member Posts: 1,146

"Extra blinks = no escape" do survivors not realise that nurse is the single hardest killer to play? I'm more a survivor player than a killer, and I know that when I face a nurse, it's either an ez game or an actual struggle. There's no problem with nurse in my opinion, because she is so difficult to play. Infact, when I come across a good nurse main, regardless of addon I respect that player. Having multiple blinks only goes so far to improve nurse gameplay.

• Ryuhi

@AlphaJackson said:
    "Extra blinks = no escape" do survivors not realise that nurse is the single hardest killer to play? I'm more a survivor player than a killer, and I know that when I face a nurse, it's either an ez game or an actual struggle. There's no problem with nurse in my opinion, because she is so difficult to play. Infact, when I come across a good nurse main, regardless of addon I respect that player. Having multiple blinks only goes so far to improve nurse gameplay.

Its not a matter of how hard she is to play, more that there is a certain point where her skill makes your skill irrelevant. This point is much less present with 2 blinks (and even 3,) but the more blinks you add, the more inconsequential juke attempts get vs a good nurse. Better survivors just accept the loss and move on, but bad and even moderate survivors tend to feel robbed by it that game. I used to hate nurse games but I'm starting to like them more as I'm getting better at juking 2-3 blink nurses using obstacles and LoS, but its crazy how much it can just not matter vs a good nurse with more blinks. just gotta take the whuppin and hope you bought enough time your your team to do stuff, then either try to survive or die and move on...

• SlothGirly
    SlothGirly Member Posts: 1,146

@Ryuhi said:

@AlphaJackson said:

Its not a matter of how hard she is to play, more that there is a certain point where her skill makes your skill irrelevant. This point is much less present with 2 blinks (and even 3,) but the more blinks you add, the more inconsequential juke attempts get vs a good nurse. Better survivors just accept the loss and move on, but bad and even moderate survivors tend to feel robbed by it that game. I used to hate nurse games but I'm starting to like them more as I'm getting better at juking 2-3 blink nurses using obstacles and LoS, but its crazy how much it can just not matter vs a good nurse with more blinks. just gotta take the whuppin and hope you bought enough time your your team to do stuff, then either try to survive or die and move on...

I see your point and I agree, however as inconsequestial as jukes may get per extra blink, you still have to give credit to nurse players for even putting up with many of the problems that face nurse players not using the flanel.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    OP, have you tried playing nurse?
    Just curious. 
  • Ryuhi

oh absolutely. When a nurse is good enough to completely body entire teams quickly they earn that right. Unfortunately it makes 4 other players either fairly or unfairly denied a game, and any offerings/items/addons/etc they used. Thats why they usually feel cheated to varying degrees.

The nurse is an anamoly on balance in the game for a lot of reasons, but in all honesty her high skill floor/ high skill ceiling are both lightyears beyond the rest of the cast, which is the real reason she is top tier unanimously. You can become the world's best Freddy, but you will never 4K as good as an above average Nurse. Likewise, you can be an absurdly good survivor, but still lose easily to an above average Nurse. The nurse player will always have to work harder to get where they are, but once they're at that point, losing games are a thing of the past to them.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    edited January 2019

Prayer Beads imo is not that big of a deal. I faced it some times but if you have some awareness you can guess when she is coming for you.
    Multi blinks should go though. They are busted and counter the only counter to a Nurse in a chase (mindgames).

• DwightsLifeMatters
    Fenrir said:

If you take those add ons away i want ds and dead hard taken away
    If you follow my posts a bit, I'm the number 1 person who wants DS reworked or completely removed. Same with key.
    Dead hard is imo a fair perk 
  • DwightsLifeMatters
    yeet said:

you can defeat prayer beads with good reaction times

Bullshit
  • se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

@PigNRun said:
    Also remove Survivor Pudding because the description is offensive.

Bloody Party Streamers make the game bearable, let's remove those too.