Delete those garbage perks

Pls delete Noed, DS & Insidious from the game. Thank you! 

I don't care... This game would be way better off without them.

Comments

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@OGlilSPOOK20 said:

and add BT on the list

• MaxiferPriest
    MaxiferPriest Member Posts: 189

Add sprint Burst to that list too

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@ad19970 said:

@Master said:

@OGlilSPOOK20 said:

and add BT on the list

BT is perfectly fine. Thank the camping killers for that perk lol.

Just to apply your logic

NOED is perfectly fine. Thank the genrushing survivors for that perk lol.

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

Insidious and Dying Light are particularly hoorible perks and need reworks very fast. NOED isn't great, but it's the only reason for survivors to cleanse dull totems at the moment, so until dull totems have another reason to be cleansed, NOED should probably stay.

• ad19970

And DS also needs a nerf finally.

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061
    Delete pallets and delete hooks that'll be interesting and likely boring.
  • IamFran
    IamFran Member Posts: 1,616

Why insidious? almost nobody use it, only some people with LF for trolling and it's useless against SWF which are the 80% of the games.

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

@AshleyWB said:
    Delete pallets and delete hooks that'll be interesting and likely boring.

Overly dramatic much?

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061
    Delete Nea and you can have insidious how about that?
  • TheOwl
    TheOwl Member Posts: 185

I understand that players may find both No One Escapes Death and Decisive Strike frustrating, which leads to them frequently being brought up together in conversation. However, I do not think I'll ever understand the comparisons between them. One is a perk that can be taken entirely out of the match before the killer can use it while the other is a perk that you can only counterplay. Additionally, the developers have openly shown that they feel NOED is in a good spot concerning balance, while they are currently brainstorming a rework for DS which indicates that they do feel it needs editing to better fit into the current state of the game.

Regarding Insidious, I find that players who would camp with Insidious would do so without it, so I don't think its removal will eliminate the problems that players most often connect with it. Besides, all you need to counter it is map awareness. If a survivor is hooked and you don't see the killer patrolling the map, and also don't hear the heartbeat, you should be more cautious before approaching the hook.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    Peanits said:
    Master said:

@ad19970 said:

@Master said:

@OGlilSPOOK20 said:

and add BT on the list

Just to apply your logic

It is. If they took a minute to break totems it would never activate.
    Not every survivor will break totems. You're talking about 4 survivors with different mindsets and if you're really unlucky, you can be the only survivor breaking totems. Knowing this, you're trying to 1v1 the killer since you are attempting to do something that is meant for all survivors. I hate running a map every game just to find every totem because it takes away things that I could be using. Same thing for Ruin, I'm sick of running that perk as a killer because it takes away other fun things that I can use.
  • ad19970

@ad19970 said:

@Master said:

@OGlilSPOOK20 said:

and add BT on the list

Well I even said that NOED is a necessary evil in order for survivors to have a reason to cleanse totems outside of bloodpoints.
    So not quite sure what your point is.
    Also, for solo survivor teams, NOED isn't really a counter to gen rush, since they have no idea how many totems are still left. If there was a counter on the ui to show how many totems were still left, then I would agree. But right now, Hex: Ruin is the counter to gen rush.
    Also, Borrowed Time gives you more or less free unhooks, NOED just gives you free kills, the main objective of killers. Not quite the same.

• lasombra1979
    lasombra1979 Member Posts: 1,142

@Peanits said:
    Master said:

@ad19970 said:

@Master said:

@OGlilSPOOK20 said:

and add BT on the list

Just to apply your logic

I was playing in a SWF and I got yelled at for breaking totems. So I left one unbroken. NOED pops up and the killer massacres all but myself. I remembered where that last totem was, broken, walked out the gate laughing as the rest of them were on the hooks. Needless to say, I was not invited to play in the next match.

• Dead_by_David
    Dead_by_David Member Posts: 270
    AshleyWB said:
    Delete Nea and you can have insidious how about that?

Noooo! 

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050
    edited January 2019

Love how Genrushing is apparently a term.

What else do you want them to do? If they loop you, then it's "No fun and/or bullying", body blocking is toxic, besides totems and rescuing when it's required, what else are survs supposed to do?

Genrushing is just as dumb a term as tunneling.

• PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428

@Swiftblade131 said:
    Love how Genrushing is apparently a term.

What else do you want them to do? If they loop you, then it's "No fun and/or bullying", body blocking is toxic, besides totems and rescuing when it's required, what else are survs supposed to do?

Genrushing is a thing, but people give it a bad connotation. Survivors may be forced to do it by the circumstances. But that is because the core gameplay is flawed.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    edited January 2019

@Swiftblade131 said:

If i finish a project in a week when the limit was 2 weeks, i rushed it.
    Genrush is certainly not a dumb term.

• HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298

@Boss said:

@Swiftblade131 said:

If i finish a project in a week when the limit was 2 weeks, i rushed it.
    Genrush is certainly not a dumb term.

If 3 Gens get done within the amount of time you find one Survivor or hook one Survivor that's Gen rushing. Yes you failed at finding them earlier and yes you failed at downing them earlier but the fact remains that you now have less time to play. You can git gud of course but that won't change that the Survivors are also GEWD and know how to do Gens while you chase one person.

1 person's skill is outmatched by the skill of 4, getting better can only go so far.

I'm not complaining I'm just explaining the Gen Rush. I haven't had a problem yet myself thankfully.

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050
    edited January 2019

Apparently, doing generators is a bad thing...

Primary objectives, Do generators and Escape

Side Objectives: Do totems, Rescue People and run from the killer when the time calls for it

Where is this rushing crap coming from?

• DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410
    Can we also slap a nerf onto Freddy's OP ass? Along with Deja Vu and Surveillance? Aka strongest and most OP perks in the game?!
  • nøbødy
    nøbødy Member Posts: 37

Logic? Are you still there?
  • nøbødy
    nøbødy Member Posts: 37
    This is just another s**t post from a salty surv main. Sad these things happen.
  • PolarBear
    PolarBear Member Posts: 1,899

I love how people say to just push through ruin and not find the totem but then people say ######### like just break 5 totems and NOED won't be a problem. I'd probably be fine with NOED if there only was a counter or a way to know how many totems my teammates have broken.

• Ryuhi
    Ryuhi Member Posts: 3,733

@PolarBear said:
    I love how people say to just push through ruin and not find the totem but then people say ######### like just break 5 totems and NOED won't be a problem. I'd probably be fine with NOED if there only was a counter or a way to know how many totems my teammates have broken.

you dont even need to break em all really, just break 1-2 per game, and try to leave the ones that are near exit gates or any next to the last gen you're working on. That way you can look for it to light up and pop it immediately.

Alternative strategy is to do the opposite: keep an eye out for the ones NOT near the exit gates, and save them for endgame. After the last gen pops, go straight to those to check them for the glow. That way its the place the killer is least likely to be looking (and if they are, someone should be opening the gates for free) and there you go.

With SWF its obviously very easy to just do them all as a team, but its not impossible or even terribly difficult to counter as a solo survivor, just gotta be sneaky about it.

• Gorgonia
    Gorgonia Member Posts: 1,607

Primary objectives, Do generators and Escape

Side Objectives: Do totems, Rescue People and run from the killer when the time calls for it

Where is this rushing crap coming from?

That’s what I always wonder... would NOED be hookrushing then?

I mean, repairing generators is the main objective, like you mentioned. Repairing generators effectively due to the killer not being able to find people or due to the killer not being able to finish a chase faster, is that rushing? Now, using a hex or a perk to down people instantly or even a Mori to avoid the hook, wouldn’t that be the actual rush? You are avoiding a damage hit and 2 potential hooks and finishing the game earlier for that survivor.
  • Ryuhi
    Ryuhi Member Posts: 3,733

Gen rushing is when survivors are at peak efficiency. The way that time management works in the game currently, the majority of killer cannot compete with peak survivor performance by a long shot. This is hard to balance due to the fact that survivor efficiency drops the second someone gets hook, and plummets with each death. Therefore, they tend to start strong as they kinda need to most of the time, depending on the killer's lethality. Its easy for a good group of survivors to have 2-3 gens done during the killer's first chase, even 1-2 if Ruin is in play and they're good at their skillchecks. This sets the tone for the rest of the match, and is why gen rushing is a thing.

• redsopine01
    redsopine01 Member Posts: 1,269

@Peanits said:
    Master said:

@ad19970 said:

@Master said:

@OGlilSPOOK20 said:

and add BT on the list

Just to apply your logic

I was playing in a SWF and I got yelled at for breaking totems. So I left one unbroken. NOED pops up and the killer massacres all but myself. I remembered where that last totem was, broken, walked out the gate laughing as the rest of them were on the hooks. Needless to say, I was not invited to play in the next match.

Haha dude are you on ps4 I would love to play with you sometime you sound smart I mean they get mad at you for not doing gens then for not saving them after you called noed that's a ts mindset of rush so they don't get points to it's your fault we died why didant you do them lol heck had one game was expecting a wraith to hook a guy he noed slugged while I open a gate before freeing a hooked guy nope he catches me with a blindside hit and we all died from it and I get called a idiot for trying to make sure we could both get out
  • Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,019

@OGlilSPOOK20 said:

yeah, same with players complaining about perks that can be countered easily too :)

• Watery
    Watery Member Posts: 1,167
    no
  • Gorgonia

@Peanits said:
    Master said:

@ad19970 said:

@Master said:

@OGlilSPOOK20 said:

and add BT on the list

Just to apply your logic

Haha dude are you on ps4 I would love to play with you sometime you sound smart I mean they get mad at you for not doing gens then for not saving them after you called noed that's a ts mindset of rush so they don't get points to it's your fault we died why didant you do them lol heck had one game was expecting a wraith to hook a guy he noed slugged while I open a gate before freeing a hooked guy nope he catches me with a blindside hit and we all died from it and I get called a idiot for trying to make sure we could both get out
    I want to play with @lasombra1979 too. PSN: Gorgonnia *wink wink*
  • laKUKA
    laKUKA Member Posts: 406

The genrushing is a game problem, not a survirvor problem.
    DS, NOED, are the most brokens perks and change the game drastically.

Maybe a solution will be a PTB without those perks to see how it turns out

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

@Swiftblade131 said:

And apparently, you can't realize rushing by itself is not a bad thing.

• GraviteaUK
    GraviteaUK Member Posts: 464
    edited January 2019

@laKUKA said:

They are, but the difference is one of them you have a whole game to deal with if you get caught in NoED it's because you tunnelled gens, most totems are easy to find and the spawn points are well known.

It takes 1 survivor to go on the hunt whilst 2-3 run gens.

DS on the other hand buys the survivors more time guaranteed unless the person misses the skillcheck which above rank 10 won't happen.

You eat the DS he runs if he has insta heal that's a whole new chase or he loops you and you get your second hit.

You dribble and it's again wasting the killers time not to mention opening the killer up to flashlight saves and hook blocks.

• Gorgonia

@laKUKA said:

They are, but the difference is one of them you have a whole game to deal with if you get caught in NoED it's because you tunnelled gens, most totems are easy to find and the spawn points are well known.

DS on the other hand buys the survivors more time guaranteed unless the person misses the skillcheck which above rank 10 won't happen.

You eat the DS he runs if he has insta heal that's a whole new chase or he loops you and you get your second hit.

You dribble and it's again wasting the killers time not to mention opening the killer up to flashlight saves and hook blocks.

PS4 skill checks are sometimes hard not to miss, dem FPS doe
  • GraviteaUK
    GraviteaUK Member Posts: 464

@Gorgonia said:
    GraviteaUK said:

@laKUKA said:

On PC the skillcheck dial is the same. Even at max FPS in the game the skillcheck dial still looks like it's going 30 FPS.

When Legion came in they made it smooth, then changed it back for some reason.

• Gorgonia

@Gorgonia said:
    GraviteaUK said:

@laKUKA said:

On PC the skillcheck dial is the same. Even at max FPS in the game the skillcheck dial still looks like it's going 30 FPS.

When Legion came in they made it smooth, then changed it back for some reason.

It sometimes lags baaad
  • Larcz
    Larcz Member Posts: 531
    Wait only this perks? Mayby delete 3/4 aviable perks will be less scroll.Honestly i write this once i write this again.If we remove DS NOED survs start use adrenalin or other perks that same with NOED killer start use for example rancor.And ppl start write crap like delete bow this perk and this...And if we go in that way we stay with nit many perks and all will write i cant make good bulid right now becose this is garbage perks.
  • Gorgonia
    To be honest, if they deleted one perk per survivor/killer this game would still be the same, but it would be faster to get the skills we want xD