Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

A problem with the Video Tape

Brawler
Brawler Member Posts: 333
edited January 2022 in Feedback and Suggestions

The game starts. Everyone has RBTs on their heads. The killer is running a Video Tape. Nobody sees auras of Jigsaw Boxes. The killer is running Rules Set No. 2. The map is Midwich, an offering was used. Would be wise to fnd the box and get rid of the traps. That's what we did... Until we realized one box is bodyblocked by an AFK Pig. Two of us managed to find a key to their traps, while the other two wasn't able to do anything, just do generators and eventually die as the RBT timer expired.

The pig didn't do anything throughout the game. Crouched in the beginning blocking one box and enjoyed her two undeserved "kills" afterwards. I believe that the Video Tape addon's purpose was to have an easier start as The Pig, much easier start, but it is an iridescent addon after all. I guess it was just a matter of time until players notice it's so abusable an addon that is simply a threat to game's health. I've only encountered such killer once, thankfully, but everyone can run these addons and make another match for survivors a really unenjoyable and frustraiting one.

It does not look like a tactic or a strat to me, it's simply an exploit. Yes, this time it was two kills, but it could've been one, three, four or no kills, that's true. It was all RNG, still leaving a chance for at least one survivor not being able to get rid of their trap and be killed. It goes without saying that these kills were undeserved, not requiring the killer to do anything at all, not requiring skill or even clicking a mouse button. Is it fair?

Giving you guys a video and a screenshot. I hope that the problem gets acknowledged and eventually solved somehow.

Comments