Hide killer's profile until the match ends

Options
SuriKratos
SuriKratos Member Posts: 48
edited January 2022 in Feedback and Suggestions

When you are a streamer and you are playing as the killer, the first killed survivor can see who the killer is.

If the killer is a streamer, they'll go to your stream, see your perks, and/or provide info to the other SWF members about your current actions and position.

I know that not using your channel in the Steam profile prevents that from happening, but usually and mostly for streamers who are starters is important to get viewers and followers. So leaving your stream channel as a name can help with that because usually after the match they'll come to your stream say hi, and maybe follow you (or most of the time complain about how you played or just be toxic and get a free ban).

Is possible to add this feature of hiding completely the killer profile until the match ends? That would be more "fair", wouldn´t it?

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• ColonGlock
    ColonGlock Member Posts: 1,224
    Options

Use an overlay to hide your perks if that is important to you.

• KerJuice
    KerJuice Member Posts: 1,851
    Options

Usually by the time the first survivor dies, I have a pretty good idea what the killer is running.

Now if the streamer/killer is running NOED, Remember Me, No Way Out, Haunted Grounds, Devour, and/or Bloodwarden- then yea i can see a monkey wrench getting thrown into the mix.

• dictep
    dictep Member Posts: 1,333
    Options

We should see profile always. I always lobby dodge if I see a camper killer playing surv also. Let this kind of people play alone

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    Options

You don't HAVE to stream. That is something you are doing. It's not the other teams fault if your posting on the internet information that can be used against you.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531
    Options

You can use an overlay to hide perks if you need to

• SuriKratos
    Options

LOL sure ok man, so it's ok to "cheat". Oh seriously? I'm not forced to stream, good to know that I have such freedom (sarcasm)

Yeah, but people who are watching your stream like to see the perks and how your build is working to try it out, suggest new ideas, etc, makes more interaction

Yes, that is the smart thing to do, but not everyone is into learning all the possible killer's perks, Not everyone is well versed in the matter of killer perks/builds, it takes time to learn how to figure out. If you don´t play killer you'll take even longer to learn about possible perks. So there is a lot of people, like our "friend" there, who consider peeking on a stream because saw a window of opportunity to take advantage and help their team. Because you know, is better to "cheat" than learn about the game.

I know survivors can create the game hostage situation by hiding themselves and not repairing gens, but even playing as both survivor or killer, never saw a killer creating a game hostage situation. If survivors are not being chased they are repairing gens. If they are not on the hook they are repairing gens. Could clarify how a killer could create a game hostage situation? I think they can do that through body blocking you in a corner for the whole match but never saw it happen for too long, not very useful IMO.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,697
    Options

So because it happens rarely it’s okay to make it easier for them? What about upcoming bugs/exploits that make it easier for killers (we all know there will be always be new bugs as long as there will be new updates)

• AngyKiller
    AngyKiller Member Posts: 1,838
    Options

Back when I used to stream; my steam overlay was private and my in-game name was not my twitch name.

Granted, that did not stop one baby from somehow finding me when I was playing Survivor, and send his 30 viewers to threaten and insult me because I did not trade hooks with him. His reasoning? 'I have more viewers, so I'm more important & should be the one to escape'.

The kicker, though, was the Killer in end game chat. I'm not quoting verbatim but the Killer admitted he was stream sniping Mr 30 Viewers because he had TTV in his name, listened to the man insult his teammates, and watched them sic his viewers on me. Supposedly, he'd log in to TTV names and, if they were chill; mute the stream and not stream snipe. If they were raging bleeps; he'd actively hunt them down.

He ended it with saying 'I would have given Angy the gate in front of your face, since you were so toxic. Your attitude is why I camped you.'

The streamer had an absolute meltdown while I sat there cackling like an idiot. I love karma.

• SuriKratos
    Options

I understand your point and agree. But reporting does not take immediate effect after reporting, which will not change anything in the match it happens. So in these scenarios, you may want to really quit the match and report the killer. The game should have a way to detect the killer is body blocking someone for too long and allowing to pass through the killer. Which would be certainly exploited in some ways somehow later.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    Options

If you dont broadcast what your doing over twitch they cant stream snipe you. Its all im saying. If you stop painting your social security number on the side of trucks your identity might not get stolen.