Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Nurse, Blight, and Spirit must be balanced based on Red Rank.

LL123
LL123 Member Posts: 28
edited February 2022 in Feedback and Suggestions

Let's take a nurse as an example.

Nurses have the lowest kills. But the statistics are from 1st to 20th.

Beginners can't even get 1 kill. However, nurses with a red rank get at least 3 kills per sale.

Based on this, it is necessary to adjust the balance, but if the overall stats are set as statistics, it is meaningless to nerf Nurs, Blight, and Spirit.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• Tr1nity
    Tr1nity Member Posts: 5,047

The devs balance around low MMR.

For some reason Twins are an exception.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

If they nerfed twins because they are “monsters” at high MMR nurse and blight should get the same treatment

• KajdanKi
    KajdanKi Member Posts: 219

These are not ranks but grades!! holy shiet dude

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762

Survivors need to balanced around high MMR and SWFs!

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

Wake up, you are still half asleep

• SuzuKR
    SuzuKR Member Posts: 3,910

First of all, ranks don't even exist anymore.

Second of all, those 3 killers ARE balanced at high levels of play when playing against equally good survivors.

• ActualPainedFrog
    ActualPainedFrog Applicant Posts: 279
    edited February 2022

The only thing I think should be balanced around is oppressiveness, COH, Dead Hard, Blight's add-ons, and the dreaded basement dwelling Bubba's are all things that most would agree are just plain unfun to face.

• fulltonon

Tbh palettes in general is worst offense of all things.

• SuzuKR

Fun is not relevant to balance because it is an arbitrary and imprecisely definable standard that varies from person to person. A reason to nerf/buff something would be actual statistically conclusive data that it overperforms/underperforms. Also no, the average kill rate charts BHVR posts is not meaningful data. It does not factor in the multitude of factors that contributes to the overall, which can wildly fluctuate with any change of any given factor. For instance, an argument in support of nerfing Alchemist Ring should not be "it's unfun", but more something like "it over-inflates Blight's kill-rates at higher levels of play against equally skilled survivors" (no clue if it actually does, but you get the idea).

• ActualPainedFrog
    edited February 2022

I messed up the wording, but you just summed up what I said, which is balancing around oppressiveness, Blight's add-ons at mid to low MMR are fine, but it only becomes oppressive at high MMR. I equated oppressiveness to lack of fun which is not always true, but hopefully you see what I meant there.

• fulltonon
  • SuzuKR

Yeah, just wanted to point out the specific nuance. Even if the devs try and balance around the arbitrary concept of "fun", there's no definable way to do that. What some find fun, others will find unfun. That's why the reason for balance changes needs to be more objectively definable things, such as kill rates being increased too much for BHVR's standards by a certain add-on. I just try and point this out to people in general, because discussions about "fun" become really murky. If fun was a standard for balance, then you could find people that think something is unfun for anything in this game ever. Then what happens for the people that happen to find it fun? Do they just get the short end of the stick? In the end, "fun" and "unfun" is just unavoidable, but what is avoidable is clearly definable problems such as the theoretical over-inflated kill rate from a specific add-on, which then gives a better direction on how to change it.

• ActualPainedFrog

Yeah I understand what your saying, to be honest I'm just sick of arguing with the two extremes of "Balance this game around the pros" and "Stop crying entitled killer main and git gud." It's shocking how quickly this game made me not care about balance and just want to have fun without sweating for a 2k.