Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Toxic killers ruin this game. Certain things have to stop

I had a match against a very toxic trickster where they decided they wanted to make the game as miserable as they possibly can. This trickster thought it would be funny to spam knives on hooked survivors, reload them from a nearby locker and then do it again and again until they die. This happened to me and another survivor but before I died, the killer thought it would be funny to watch me crawl all the way across the map to the open door just to pick me up at it and throw me on the hook and then proceed to spam throw their knives at me like they did the other survivor. There was no reason for them to do this other than to be an extremely toxic troll. Killers that do this in game shouldn't be allowed to play it. A line has to be drawn. Spam throwing knives on hooked survivors who can do nothing is toxic. Watching survivors crawl to a door a mile away just to hook them when they get there and spam throw knives on them is toxic. They could've picked me up long before that but decided to waste my time and hold the game hostage knowing my only other option was to disconnect. Killers that do things like this should be banned from the game. They are doing nothing but making the game miserable for others who are just trying to play the game and don't want to put up with a toxic troll's pathetic gameplay. This has to stop. It ruins the game and does nothing but further the conversation of how toxic people are in this game.

Comments

• KateMain86
    KateMain86 Member Posts: 2,374
    edited February 2022

Nope. Every word you said was wrong. I was playing solo and wasn't using any of those perks you mentioned. Also as I said (if you would've actually read the post) the killer didn't do this to just me, and I wasn't the only survivor that died. In fact only 1 made it out if I remember. Try again? Also besides all that, none of that would have made what the killer did Ok to do. They did this to be toxic and make the game as miserable as possible for the survivors. None of it had to happen. They didn't have to be toxic and do these things. The intent is in the action.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

Whatboutism. Other people being a-holes as survivors doesn't excuse someone being an a-hole as a killer.

• dugman
  • Reshy
    Reshy Member Posts: 402

If that's the case then it's not really warranted. But as a new killer at low MMR I still run into SWFs like 75% of my games, and they run those perks and purposely antagonize the killer. If you look like you're in a SWF then the killer will act like you are (since there's no way to tell most of the time except by analyzing their behavior and lobby). Like if you pick Kate and wear one shirt, and another survivor also picks Kate and wears that same shirt, the killer will assume you two are a SWF. If you both bring an item, especially the same item the killer will 100% think you're in a SWF. It's just a bad state that killer is in right now that they have to play like they're always against a SWF and it can be aggravating the amounts of BMing that go on.

Honestly, if you wanna complain about toxic behaviors start with survivors. Killers have to play reactive to what survivors do, and a lot of survivors are really toxic and cocky when they know they have those perks I mentioned, which every killer has to assume that everyone is running these days.

• dugman

Here's what you actually said

I was saying the OP was whining because they felt bad for losing & decided the Killer should be punished via 'He BM'd me!' excuses.

Where in all of that post you just made did they complain they lost? The killer was being a jackass to both them and another survivor in the same match. It has nothing to do with "losing", they're not complaining the killer downed them or won the match.

• Reshy

Again, I'd really like to see BHVR or someone run a bunch of bot killers and see what the impact on the forums is. Can survivors tell the difference? Will the survivors still BM and talk trash? Will the survivors clicky-clicky and spam crouch the literal bot? Will the survivors say the game's too easy?

• AngyKiller
    AngyKiller Member Posts: 1,838
    edited February 2022

Because it's glaringly obvious they're salty they lost, and decided to blame 'BMing' so they can scream for reparations.

Do you know how often I get accused of camping, tunneling, or slugging in end game chat, even if I NEVER DO THAT? Survivors will literally blame the Killer for being 'toxic' instead of admit they got out-played. This is just more of that.

They're angry they lost, so now it's the Killer being toxic. Because toxic Killers did not deserve the win, so their ego can be soothed while they scream to ban people.

• dugman

Again, that's whataboutism. "What about all the survivors that complain I camped and tunneled them?" They're not the original poster in this thread so who cares? It's not relevant.

And yes, the killer they're describing in the post is being a toxic moron. And I'm saying that as a killer main.

• AngyKiller
    AngyKiller Member Posts: 1,838

Jesus. At least learn your fallacies before accusing someone. You'll actually look less ignorant.

I did not do whataboutism. I only used other Survivors as an example to my position when you accused me the first time. I was reading between the lines, whereas you're taking them as face value and then defending them.

To anyone actually intelligent; it's obvious they're doing what most Survivors do; accusing the Killer who won of toxicity, because they lost. No ######### whataboutism involved.

• darksouls3600
    darksouls3600 Member Posts: 237

TOXIC SURVIVORS RUIN THIS GAME. CERTAIN THINGS HAVE TO STOP.

same side of the coin friend, the one thing different is that I don't care about "toxic" survivor, they have resources and will use, I have a match with a SWF this morning when 2 survivors switch to a flashlight in the last 6s, total 3 flashlight, they're very good survivor and I not a hell of a good killer, I am ok as a killer, not a #########, but not very good, I make a loot of mistakes on that match, but they make a lot too, (very confident on end game) and because of this I get a 3k.

Just chill, this things are common, just play the game without care about "toxic" shi.t, like a killer tunneling or camping or throwing knives on you and slug.

• SuzuKR
    SuzuKR Member Posts: 3,910

That does not count as a gameplay hostage situation. That said, what that killer did was still rude. That said, it's not against the rules.

• dugman
    edited February 2022

Lol, I know my fallacies, now you're resorting to ad hominems too. And apparently you're "reading between the lines" is essentially just making things up they didn't say.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

Killer killed, how they achieve their fun doing it is their agency as a player.

Repeatedly Hitting a hooked survivor is usually an attempt to get them to suicide early and gain a pressure advantage.

• knifola
    knifola Member Posts: 23

one game i had a survivor running boil over flame me for "holding the game hostage" while i let him bleed out in a spot he could have wriggled if i had picked him up. all i'm saying is, killers get blamed for being toxic or w/e when all they're doing is playing to win.

The trickster facecamps? oh no! if only there were a primary objective your team could take advantage of!

the trickster spams knives into you? oh no! if only a teamate was smart enough to wait till he goes to reload to rescue you

• KateMain86

This is why the conversation of the toxicity of this game is always happening. You completely missed or flat out ignored the point. The killer didn't have to do these things. I didn't do anything to this killer and from what I saw no one else did either. They were being toxic for the sake of being toxic. That is the problem. We're not talking about a momentary reaction to something like being hit on the hook one time, something I never complain about. If they sit there and do it 50 times however then yes I have a problem. Things like that make players have a negative opinion about this game. If players were just more wholesome and didn't resort to toxic playstyles this game would be so much better.

• KateMain86

Yea... and its my opinion its them usually being a toxic piece of... well I'm sure you get the idea.

• KateMain86

I would've said the same thing had I escaped. This isn't about winning or losing. I have always said often times some of my more fun matches are those where I don't even escape. What matters is the play style of the players.

• KateMain86

A killer spam hitting you on the hook and making you crawl across the map just to hook you anyway and still spam hitting you on the hook is insanely more toxic than anything a survivor can do to a killer. No, a survivor bouncing up and down and clicking a flash light is nowhere near as toxic. You want to try to make that argument, but it simply isn't one. Killers can be and often are way more toxic to survivors than they are to killers.

• Reshy

Play more killer then, you clearly haven't seen a flashlight SWF before and how toxic they can be. Especially the post-game chat.

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762

Too lore accurate trickster.

• BubbaDredge
    BubbaDredge Member Posts: 815

If a killer wants to throw a match by douching around, it's allowed. Don't like free will? Don't play multiplayer games.

Or do, and then cry constantly like a crying crybaby. It's a ######### game.

• ok lemme say somethin, I have had to leave survivors to bleed BUT it was cause they all had breakout and boil over and they were gonna struggle out so i had to let them bleed out or i would lose

• bondki
    bondki Member Posts: 14

You mean...just like all the things toxic survivors do? Yea...

Probably running DS/BO and complains why you are being slugged...

• Reshy

I can tell based off of how they play, most of the time they know exactly where each other is and will interfere during chase. Outside of specific altruistic builds that nobody runs you typically can't make those sorts of plays outside of a SWF due to not knowing precise locations. Most people will just do gens, not try to style on the killer outside of maybe streamers, which are genuinely rare to run into.

• Hex_Ignored
    Hex_Ignored Member Posts: 1,851

I thought you quit the game in December, what brought you back?

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

While toxic survivors keeps it alive?

• hex_memes
    hex_memes Member Posts: 52

Just dont solo Q lol and use broken ######### like DH and CoH and get gud

The game is ALREADY survivor sided Lmfaoooooooo

And nurse and spirit and billy are nerfed so u have no right to complain

U sound like a guy with 10hrs on the game

I am player with 3.4k hrs and i know what is balanced and what not

• hex_memes

Trickster isnt even a top teir lol in fact he is one of the weakest killer yeah trickster and deathslinger and clown are the weakest

• hex_memes
  • hex_memes

I mean if he just killed u only that doesnt mean he won the game if your teammates escaped and you died that means you won biascly the game is not 1v1 its 4v1

If the killer killed 3 survivors

The killer's win

If 3 survivor escaped

That mean that the survivor side won