The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

what's your favorite information perk for each side?

I really love the new OoO, it gives you very good information, if I'm playing with friends I can not only call out where the killer is, who the killer is at the very start of the match, but I can also callout aura reading perks like lethal pursuer, bitter murmur and nurse's calling

for killers just tinkerer, yeah, it gives you very important information and gives you the power to act on it

Comments

• Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,167

I've actually been using Rookie Spirit a bunch lately, I feel like it's one of those perks that might seem useless on the surface but it has a lot of utility in todays meta - with many gen regression perks being present. It helps keep me focused and aware of which gens to move to or keep an eye on

It also helps keep track of where the killer is, if you see a gen suddenly go white then unless ruin is in play you know the killer is in that direction.

With a small buff of some kind I think rookie spirit might be one of my favourite info perks!

As for killer, I really enjoy Hex: Retribution. Just a really fun perk to bring

• AsherFrost
    AsherFrost Member Posts: 2,340

For survivor. Kindred. Gives all the information I need to decide when to go for the save.

For killer. Either bbq or tinkerer, mainly for the side benefits (bp gain, stealth)

• WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,082

Alert and Tinkerer

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,695

Survivor- kindred

killer- BBQ

• Lawlichan
    Lawlichan Member Posts: 114

I agree! my favorite thing about rookie spirit is how it's active for 90% of the trial, so if you hit those skill checks early, which isn't really hard to do you are already benefiting from the information of the perk. it also synergizes well with flashbang, which is another Leon perk

and retribution gives you a LOT of information, often the survivors cleansing a hex when I'm using retribution helps me turn the game around

• Lawlichan

even in a swf distortion allows you to callout lethal pursuer, bitter murmur, nurse's calling, and whatever aura reading addons they may have! really glad they added a 4th token, I like all of Jeff's teachables they are all so useful in their own way

• OpenX
    OpenX Member Posts: 890

Discordance for killer, spine chill for survivor.

I have used spine skill so long taking it off makes me feel blind.

Discordance usually gives me a great idea how much any given chase is going to cost me. Mid-chase I see the icon go off and can make the decision right then and there if it's worth continuing.

• Lawlichan

discordance and tinkerer is also a great combo for information. if two people do a generator then you're gonna now it before they get to that 70% mark, and if a survivor does it alone then you can basically guarantee that you'll get them with tinkerer before they finish the gen unless they have a very good toolbox + resilience + spine chill or something crazy like that

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,888

Bond and BBQ.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,057

Kindred and BBQ. I'm very vanilla.

That said, if BBQ didn't give bloodpoints, it'd be a tossup on that or Discordance. I do like knowing where to go next after a hook, but Distortion gives incredible information, especially at the start of the match.

• OpenX
    OpenX Member Posts: 890

Yeah I use discordance + tinkerer sometimes. It is like having your gen defense decisions on auto-pilot but 2 perks is a hefty price to pay. I only use it on strong killers who can afford to not run chase perks.

Though in these SBMM days I have mostly put information perks to the wayside as a killer in favor of much more aggressive perks that support camping and tunneling.

• Star99er
    Star99er Member Posts: 1,447
    edited February 2022

Empathy for Survivor so I know who’s in chase, & either BBQ or Spies from the shadows for killer depending on who I’m playing.

Spies from the shadows is kinda underrated imo. Works well with Ranged killers like Huntress.

• IWFreak
    IWFreak Member Posts: 252

Survivor: Kindred and Windows Of Opportunity.

Killer: BBQ and Lethal Pursuer.

• egg_
    egg_ Member Posts: 1,933

Windows of Opportunity

BBQ

• lkalin91
    lkalin91 Member Posts: 150

Aftercare, esp if my team knows what they're doing, Kindred is amazing too

TInkerer, I love stealth aspect to it, and basically always giving value each game

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992

Spine Chill and Tinkerer.

• Frodo_Tbaggins_
    Frodo_Tbaggins_ Applicant Posts: 20

For survivor it's hands down: Detectives Hunch

Killer its: Discordance

2 survivors on a gen is about 45 seconds to done. It is a life saver.

• DoritoHead
    DoritoHead Member Posts: 3,546

BBQ and Kindred

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611

Alert for survivor. BBQ for killer.

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600
    edited February 2022

Survivor - Bond is underrated for so many reasons. While Kindred is very good and I understand why most people favor it, Bond tells me so much more and nobody needs to be hooked to get use out of it. With it I can see which generators are being worked on, where the killer is being led, which pallets have been thrown, lead the killer away from generators being done or teammates being healed, and be forewarned if a teammate is bringing me an angry package. (And, it can tell me if somebody is leading the killer away from the hook or going for a rescue just like Kindred)

Also, Bond has comedy potential as watching my teammates derping around with each other will send me into fits of giggles.

Killer - Generally BBQ in most cases, but I'm starting to really appreciate the power of Lethal Pursuer. Unfortunately it's edged out by a perk I can use all game.

• Majin151
    Majin151 Member Posts: 1,270

BBQ and deja vu

• Kira4Evr
    Kira4Evr Member Posts: 2,025

Woo and BBQ

• DatFastBoi
    DatFastBoi Member Posts: 455

Object for survivor and Infectious for killers, I run it on every high mobility killer with slugging pressure because it’s just “that” good

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

BBQ and Kindred

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,607

The good thing about Killer is that a lot of the information perks are genuinely really good, so it's not an easy pick. I'm also gonna follow the trend for Killer and say BBQ, though- knowing where to go after a hook is nice, and extra bloodpoints is nice, what's not to like.

For Survivor, absolutely Deja Vu. Criminally underrated perk, constantly knowing not only where a generator is but where the 3-gen would be is very very useful. During my bout of doing Adepts, I also found Alert to be more useful than I thought it would be, so I'd like to highlight that.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,136

On survivor it's WoO followed closely by Empathy.

If we go by just the information given, I'd probably say Whispers on killer. However, if I take the other properties into account, BBQ wins for BP.

• Malkhrim
    Malkhrim Member Posts: 956

Killer - I'm All Ears, by far. It's the most helpful information perk in chases, helps you in your mindgames, and has amazing sinergy with killer abilities that go trough walls, like Pyramid Head's Punishment of the Damned and the Nurse's blinks.

Survivor - Detective's Hunch. It delivers A LOT of information. Gens, chests, and of course: totems. It's the ultimate totem hunting perk.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

Survivor: Aftercare + Detective’s hunch

Killer: Old Gearhead + BBQ

• Lx_malice
    Lx_malice Member Posts: 1,417

Well....

Yeah.

• lagosta
    lagosta Member Posts: 1,871

Windows of Opportunity. Countless times in SQ I died after reaching a tile only to discover the pallet was used.

Lethal Pursuer: The amount of knowledge this perk gives is absurd.

• MyelinXCVIII
    MyelinXCVIII Member Posts: 163

Deja Vu for survivor, Lethal Pursuer for killer.

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,778

Survivor: So hard to choose, but I'd say Distortion in SWF and Aftercare in solo queue.

Killer: BBQ. Need me the BPs and the effect is solid too.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

I don’t play survivor but on the killer side I think my favorite is Bloodhound (hence my avatar 🙂). It basically makes it almost impossible for an injured survivor to elude me if I’m looking for them. Crawling doesn’t help, neither do aura hiding perks like Shadowstep. And even on maps where the blood is normally more easily visible like Eyrie, Bloodhound makes the survivors blood trail last longer than normal. Especially in a meta where you want to be able to chase injured survivors and keep them from having time to heal it’s a fun perk to have. (The only killer I sometimes have trouble using it is Spirit because phasing erases the bloodtrails from sight, even if you only phase very briefly. Even then it’s still often useful out of phase to give you an idea of where to run toward to find an injured target.)

A runner up for me is Stridor. Sounds is huge in this game and anything that makes it easier to hear survivors is great.

• notstarboard

It's interesting that you prefer Distortion in solo! I won't run it much in solo, but I love it in SWF. There's ridiculous value in sacrificing one perk slot to have your whole team know a lot about the killer's build.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

Whispers for Killer (I know that it isn't an Aura Reading perk... but it's uncounterable in a way)

Kindred for Survivor (It takes a hook to activate but I can see the Killer and my teammates)

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,200

Kindred and Rancor. Rancor is slept on big time. The information snapshots can reveal a survivor way out of position and it's a free mori if the obsession isn't careful

• Pepsidot
    Pepsidot Member Posts: 1,662

Aftercare

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,553

Bond

Discordance

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869

Woo and discordance.

• RAZERbladz13
    RAZERbladz13 Member Posts: 32

Whispers. I get so many free hits and locker grabs from it because I know exactly where they are when it turns on

• Rizzo
    Rizzo Member, Administrator, Mod Posts: 17,669

Survivor: Bond

Killer: Whispers

• PNgamer
    PNgamer Member Posts: 1,415
    edited February 2022

Survivor: Kindred (cause i always play solo)

Killer: Discordance

• dictep
    dictep Member Posts: 1,333

Do the gens at the center of the map and you don’t need deja vu

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992

Yeah, not to be rude or anything but if you need Deja Vu, you kinda don't have map and game sense. When a generator is completed, it very clearly tells all players which one it was. So work around that information.

• notstarboard

That's not really true tbh. Repairing gens in the middle is a good rule of thumb, but sometimes maps will just get strange gen spawns with multiple gens very close together or the gens skewed towards one side of the map, meaning the middle gens might not be the best ones to attack. Then there are maps like Father Campbell's and Crotus Prenn where the middle gen is comparatively safe, so the better play is usually to pick off side gens that are closer together first. Without Deja Vu, you'll just pick the closest gen to where you spawned, but that might not be the best solution. Then there are maps like Midwich, RPD, or The Game that stack relatively hard to find gens over two stories where it's nearly always useful.

Another underrated aspect of it is that you can see if the highlighted gens are blocked by the entity. That means that you can easily see if and where CI is active at the start of the match and get an even better idea of where the killer spawned based on the auras and the state of the gens you can see nearby. If the killer is running Thrilling Tremors or DMS it can even help tell you if your teammates are working on certain gens, which can be helpful when you're choosing which gen to prioritize next.

I'm not trying to say it's the best perk in the world, but it's not something that only weaker players will benefit from. It's still a decent enough perk.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,078

I can't even begin to decide what info perk is my favorite on killer, because imo info perks on killer are unviable. You're much better off using gen/exit gate blockage. What's the point in having Discordance if survivors splitting up on gens once you push them off is just as bad?