The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Most Games an Unfun Slog

I got the game about a week ago and have been playing mostly killer with some survivor. When playing killer, I often come across teams that are just way better than me. To the point that I can't even hit them.

That's fine, but the unfun part is this game incentivizes grinding me for points like some kind of piñata. The game just goes on and on while each survivor takes turns getting me to chase them or whatever points they need next. Then the game gives me a final insult by ranking me up to a higher Ash level because of my amazing performance.

There seem to be items and abilities specific to grinding in this game, so it probably won't change. Just the opinion of a new player that will likely not be coming back for more of that. It happens so frequently, and I wish I could surrender at least.

Comments

• Bennett_They1Them
    Bennett_They1Them Member Posts: 2,513

I think that may just be you.

I'm a twins/clown main at what I'd guess is relatively high mmr, and I have a ton of fun with almost every game. watch some otz, practice a bit more, and you'll be getting more into it in no time! :)

• Talibowy
    Talibowy Member Posts: 13

That's because the developers changed the ranking system a few months ago and screwed it up even more. This game is a crap. For example, I have over 800 hours in this game and since new rank system, I have never played with a full squad of my experience level. 99% of other players are noobs that new in this game. Playing with the noobs is damn frustrating and it spoils the fun a lot, so it's about to come time for me to erase this goddamn game for good. Anyway, I regret the money I spent on this production and for sure I will never pay a dollar for this company's game again, They just don't respect players.

• I don't mind getting destroyed, but I don't like it when they leave one gen unfinished and spend 10+ minutes farming me for bloodpoints. They should get the most bloodpoints for defeating me quickly.

• Or maybe they do and I'm just getting trolled which is whatever I should have a way to surrender.

• But, to your point, the game is fun when I'm playing with people around my skill.

• SilentShepherd
    SilentShepherd Member Posts: 527

This happened to me when I bought the game around November 2021. The devs don't design the game around -fun- for both sides. I'm not sure what they are doing tbh. My advice to you is switch to Survivor. It's way more fun.

• Matha
    Matha Member Posts: 8

The surrender button is actually a good idea.

• Reshy
    Reshy Member Posts: 402

How about we buff killer instead of ignoring the issue that very well could kill the game?

• SilentShepherd
    SilentShepherd Member Posts: 527

lol. The staff at BHVR thinks SWF is okay and not a cheating advantage. They make hockey references as to why their current rating system isn't horrible. Just lol at you going against that. I knew better and just embraced playing survivor, which I like now

• FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445
    edited February 2022

You've picked a rough time to try to pick up Killer. They've changed their match making system, so while it used to do a pretty good job of keeping newbies away from vets for their first dozen or 2 dozen games or so... the new one doesn't really have that sort of protections in place.

I'd recommend a couple things:

First, don't play killer when it is evening for the USA. Don't know why exactly but American players love to group up and play survivor together in the evenings and then there's a massive shortage of killers and the match maker kinda just throws games together willy nilly because people are waiting like 10 minutes. As a newbie, that situation will screw you over more often than not, so just don't.

Second, don't be afraid to read about, watch videos on, and try out as many killers as you can. Playing killer in this game can be frustrating even to a vet with 1.3k hours like me... but if you're on a killer who's power you just find fun it happens a heck of a lot less often.

Third, if I may recommend a killer to try out if you haven't already... try Legion. They have a lot of strengths that mesh really really well with what a new player needs.

Fourth, if you do decide to stick with killer in this game, learn how to mind game and moon walk as soon as possible. It'll be difficult. And frequently you'll mess it up and it'll hurt more than it helps, but once you learn how to do those things chases get a lot easier to manage. Funnily enough Legion might just be the best option.

Edit: Fifth, don't be too proud to run Hex: No One Escapes Death. Survivors hate it, but it is a really fun way to punish them for their hubris. Also it is one of the very few good perks you can get early on as a newbie killer.

• Reshy
    Reshy Member Posts: 402

I mean eventually BHVR will have to buff killers, or watch their game slowly die.