Lets play a Game of spot the Hacker

Options
MonsterInMyMind
MonsterInMyMind Member Posts: 2,744
edited February 2022 in General Discussions

Lets see who spots the Hacker first. Before anyone claims this is a glitch there is no known glitch to get Cheryls freaking legs on a male character and they've got a globe Icon indicating only one thing Epic Games user. So Behavior seems these Epic Gamers really just don't take you guys seriously ngl they're making it so easy to tell now days not even hiding it.

Post edited by MonsterInMyMind on

Comments

• MonsterInMyMind
    Options

You're not wrong but it's kinda insane to think they are just doing this stuff in public lobbies not even trying to hide it anymore because they just don't fear behavior kinda wild.

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,084
    edited February 2022
    Options

Honestly, it might be incredibly smart

I've said this before with this process but I would wager that (at last) 75% of the Dead by Daylight playerbase has no idea all the hoops you have to do to "properly" report someone. So if all these people are flooding the report queue with reports on the super obvious hacker but not filling out the 30 minute paperwork, video evidence, blood of your first born, and showing BHVR that you can pat your head and rub your tummy for at least 30 seconds at the same time, that's taking BHVR resources away from going after the "properly" done reports.

It's kind of genius really. Or maybe I'm just giving them too much credit and they just know that BHVR has such a stupidly archaic report system that they can flaunt it as much as they want and they'll know it won't hurt them.

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,031
    Options

I wouldn't want the game to ban people without evidence.

• tippy2k2
    Options

The point is that WE shouldn't have to be the ones to provide evidence. There is no reason that a multiplayer game in The Year of Our Lord Bubba 2022 should require anyone to have to use an outside program in order to report someone for breaking the rules. This garbage reporting system would be embarrassing in the 90s, let alone 2022...

• deKlaw_04
    deKlaw_04 Member Posts: 3,660
    Options
  • konchok
    konchok Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 1,719
    Options
  • MonsterInMyMind
    edited February 2022
    Options

I tried but for some odd reason it never loaded so I just posted a twitter link. Something is weird with uploading pictures on here. So that's why the twitter was even linked and I don't see it as much of an issue if you do then it's kinda simple you can see the picture without clicking to twitter. Not trying to be rude or anything but I assume I have a feeling why you're even bringing it up and that wasn't the intent it was to showcase the screenshot since the forums uploading was being slower then wifi in the middle of a desert.

• MonsterInMyMind
    edited February 2022
    Options

So there's a clear difference between breaking a set vs getting a different characters cosmetic set on another character most cheaters do this it's very common so yes it's safe to assume they're cheating and if they aren't they really should remove that set as they 100% look like a cheater. Lastly the Globe Icon could mean console but it could also mean Epic Games and with him running a sus cosmetic set kinda safe to assume epic games. You can even check my past posts I never and I mean never bring up cheaters here but this looked like it's very clear.

• Majin151
    Majin151 Member Posts: 1,270
    edited February 2022
    Options

Obviously the guy did the trick for chames but instead of keeping Cheryl's head he just did it to put James in a skirt

Like was he cheating at all besides using cosmetics

Most cheaters tend to use legacy or shirts that a majority of the playerbase has

Also jeryl and chames works because of the delink cosmetic glitch as James is a legendary Cheryl cosmetic

And as previously stated anyone can do it just follow any guide that let's you mix parts of a linked set that currently works and boom you can make chames or jeryl

I heard there's one that still works but is going to be patched soon

• Majin151
    Majin151 Member Posts: 1,270
    Options

Found one and from what I can see the person in the picture changed the pants slot instead of the head slot for a Cheryl cosmetic on james

• shinobu149
    shinobu149 Member Posts: 142
    Options

Not gonna lie thats kinda hilarious🤣 it seems innocent as long as they dont cheat in the game then its kinda funny just imagine male characters with bottom half switched with female

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,280
    Options
  • disgust
    disgust Member Posts: 71
    Options

you don't need to spend 5 dollars at all. you can make infinite accoutns and even unban them

• Tiufal
    Tiufal Member Posts: 1,252
    Options

I dont see any hacker there. I just see a already known glitch.

• PlaysByShady
    PlaysByShady Member Posts: 590
    Options

Absolutely. There's no technical reason why the server cannot "record" the match and save it if there's a report made, which can then subject it to various simple checks (e.g. did a survivor move with impossible speed, etc)

• tippy2k2
    Options

Even if they don't do a video recording for some reason, you'd think something as basic as a game log would be doable.

"Hey boss, according to this, that survivor ran 40mph at the 2 minute mark and flew through the air like Superman while instantly healing everyone around them. That sounds suspicious, right?"

Sure, I suppose you'd then need video evidence of more gray stuff (like a survivor working with a killer) but cheaters and hackers are killing the player base and this would (or should) greatly help against that kind of thing (and against subtle hacking since it's hard to tell even in video if a survivor is running slightly faster than they should be able to).

• Kurri
    Kurri Member Posts: 1,599
    Options

Before I stopped playing, hackers literally had a hack that when you clicked the report button next to their name instead of getting the report window, the screen would go black with "######### BHVR" written in white over and over again, and there wasn't a button to close the window back to lobby. At first I would restart my game, but then I later learned you can press ESC.

Fun fact; In order for a report to pass you need to have video evidence, their steamID (or username if playing on Console/other store), and have reported them via the in game report function.

• PlaysByShady
    PlaysByShady Member Posts: 590
    Options

That's what I meant by "record"; the server wouldn't create a video. It'd just log all the inputs and events which can then be used to recreate or interpret what happened in the match. And given the server is receiving and disseminating all this information already, it's not like it's beyond the server's ability to record this.

• tippy2k2
    Options

Gotcha

A video recording system would be ideal (if for any other reason, let us watch our own games and how we did) but a game log shouldn't be any issue at all for them to internally do

• Leatherface
    Leatherface Member Posts: 1
    Options

They're not using one character's cosmetics on another character, though. James Sunderland is a legendary set for Cheryl Mason, so that outfit can be easily replicated by performing a simple cosmetic glitch. The same way I can make Cybil Bennett have Cheryl's head, or make Trapper have only his Krampus body cosmetic.

• Risky12
    Risky12 Member Posts: 56
    Options

I'm positive most of the player base knows how to report players properly, but the process is just soooooooo loooooong to file a single report.

• fengminenjoyer
    fengminenjoyer Member Posts: 62
    Options

Thats just a simple set glitch that anyone can do, no cheats needed there, and the global icon only shows the player is from a different platform, could be any thats not yours.

The biggest problem this game has with hackers is subtle hacking, cause it drives me mad not being sure if someone is cheating or im just crazy lol

Ran into a huntress last night that seemed to be walking a bit faster than normal (no perks or add ons that change base speed) and she ALWAYS knew where everyone was when there was absolute no way for her to know players exact location aside from barbecue value every now and then. She had her hatches ready every single time she could to snipe and get people that were hiding in close proximity without them having been on her field of vision previously. Post game lobby and she had nothing that could aid her in those weird situations. Talking to my mate he was also weirded out cause she never went for gens, she was always ping ponging from player to player and had hatches ready for situations she could not know locations. But even still, i wonder if i was just paranoid. The killer was a pc player so it raised my suspicion.

I hope the devs keep working hard to fix the hackers issue, and not about set glitches cause thats silly imo since sets should not be a thing in the first place, though for sets like the legendary ones that are literally other characters, i do get it.

• tippy2k2
    Options

I would be shocked if it were 75% (I would wager it's even higher amount of people)

Ultimately neither of us can really prove it one way or the other but the game itself gives ZERO indication that you have to do more than just click the "Thumbs Down".

Unless you specifically look for information on how to actually report (and why would you as the game doesn't tell you there is more you need to do and there's no reason for a player to think that BHVR is some special case where you need to do more than just click on the report button like every other game that has ever existed in the history of the world), players have no way to know that clicking the Thumbs Down button isn't enough to actually report someone.

Being generous, I would guess that 75% of the playerbase doesn't know everything you need to do in order to report someone and of the 25% that DO know how to, at least half of them don't bother. I know I don't bother as trying to report on Xbox is such a hassle that I can literally play (at least) one game before I finish the stupid essay I have to write to report someone...

• Yatol
    Yatol Member Posts: 1,929
    Options

set breaking can be done without hacks but i woudnt blame you for seeing it as a red flag.