BHVR should remove this tweet/apology

Dionysus42
Dionysus42 Member Posts: 427
edited March 2022 in General Discussions

https://twitter.com/deadbybhvr/status/1352323137678045185

This is them apologizing for the frustration and harm caused by Almo's dismissive comments regarding colour blindness.

However, we now know that BHVR's official position is that this tweet was just fine, and in fact, the people who complained were in the wrong. See the first paragraph of this comment:

Here we understand that BHVR had nothing to apologize for, and in fact the people who he said the comments to in the first place were just being unacceptably rude. This was in response to someone saying that people who raised concerns to BHVR, in this case about colourblindness, were treated poorly... I.E., were caused frustration or harm, as the apology tweet says. But the staff member seems to think that the only frustration and harm was that caused to Almo.

Will BHVR replace the outdated tweet with one more accurate to their current views? A suggestion:

'Recently viewers on the stream of developer Almo have been badgering him for accessibility options. This is not acceptable and very rude of them, and the culprits will have their cosmetics removed presently.'

I just want to make sure that their social media output does not give a false impression.

Post edited by Mandy on

Comments

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,636

That cosmetic comment though...

I see what ya did here :)

• Gamedozer7
    Gamedozer7 Member Posts: 2,657

Seriously trying to bring up stuff from over a year ago. How about we keep this in the past where it belongs.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

Picking at scabs. Maybe more like scars.

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,178

I'm not even sure this is picking at scars. This is picking at a small cut you had five years ago on the other arm.

Did BHVR handle the situation less than ideal? Yes, I don't think anyone would argue otherwise. But at this point, the fix is in and everything that was wanted has been implemented.

If color blind mode was still missing I could see wanting to dig this back up but everything is up and running as requested so I really don't see the point of digging this back up...

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,964

Maybe also consider context in my response.

The tweet still stands - it's completely reflects the standpoint of the team.

My comment which is what you're really having the issue with, was towards someone who said that criticism was giving in a constructive manner - which it clearly wasn't. And my point was that a designers private stream is not the place to give criticism or feedback as they are on the off time and are not working. We totally stand by the comments we made in that tweet and that is still our official position...nothing has changed.

This discussion has been closed.