Is there really no counter play against Legion?

Options

I mean other than everyone just outright disconnecting the second they see the deep wound status.

Comments

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,618
    Options

If a Legion-player is following you with his 110% Movement Speed and going into Frenzy too early, you can try to dodge the hits or try to get as far away as possible. If he is not messing up like that, there is no real counterplay. You need to try to be as far away as possible from him.

Once he is in his ability, he can simply smack multiple people and go for one of them. And he will get this guy, even without Franks Mixtape, it will take some time, but there is no real way to avoid this.

Which makes it the most stupid killer. And the easiest one.

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293
    edited January 2019
    Options

There's no counter if he's doing that LOS bullshit. Stunning him with pallets don't work since he can easily bait the drop.

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270
    Options

There is a counter. It's called running. :)

But yeah, I agree he's a stupidly designed killer, although I'm quite convinced he can be fixed.

• Goldengeartwo
    Goldengeartwo Member Posts: 79
    Options
    Nope, there's literally nothing you can do against a skilled Legion. 
  • Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144
    Options

Not a whole lot you can do against a Legion. As others have said, run early and force him to catch up.

You might also be able to learn the correct timing for pallet stuns, but unfortunately, that can be really inconsistent.

You could probably pull off some stealth plays, but it will take some cleverness considering a lot of Legions are using Bloodhound.

The main issue with Legion is he/she is so boring to verse as survivor. And I really mean that. It's not fun versing the most brain-dead killer in the game.

The best advice I can give is to keep your distance and hope your team is efficient. Running perks like Kindred will help your team coordinate better.

Also, don't heal against a legion. That wastes time. Just go back to doing gens. Decent survivors shouldn't be afraid of a Legion while injured.

• Ryuhi
    Ryuhi Member Posts: 3,733
    Options

@Orion said:
    There are counters, but most Survivors DC if the first two things they try don't work and come to the forum begging for nerfs.

I'm genuinely curious, whats the counterplay?

There are strategies to mitigate his effectiveness, sure, but I have yet to see an actual possible counterplay.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919
    Options

@Orion said:
    There are counters, but most Survivors DC if the first two things they try don't work and come to the forum begging for nerfs.

The Nurse 'syndrome'. Unwillingness to deal with it.

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911
    Options
    Ryuhi said:

@Orion said:

There are strategies to mitigate his effectiveness, sure, but I have yet to see an actual possible counterplay.

Any killer with a definitive counter is crap. Having a definative counter to legion is drawing out the hunt as long as possible or alternatively when hes in ff break line of sight take an unexpected movement hanging around corners and sneaking past them. Its gets easier if you run iron will. His power like spirit can bork him worse then any m1 killer as you can easily lose a survivours if they use his ff against him. 
  • GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213
    Options

@HatCreature said:
    Entitled selfish people disconnect. You can counter Legion by stunning wit pallets, looping for as along as you can, I once had a Survivor find an awesome tractor loop on Autahaven that I could not catch him on, it was embarassing. But mostly your goal is to loop and run from that killer for as long as possible so that your teammates can do Gens. Legion is normally slow and I run him around for ages forcing him to use his FF on me, and none of them want to but realize they must.

Also if you're on console you can juke him really hard.

If he has Bloodhound good luck with that.

• MyNamePete
    MyNamePete Member Posts: 1,053
    Options

@HatCreature said:
    Entitled selfish people disconnect. You can counter Legion by stunning wit pallets, looping for as along as you can, I once had a Survivor find an awesome tractor loop on Autahaven that I could not catch him on, it was embarassing. But mostly your goal is to loop and run from that killer for as long as possible so that your teammates can do Gens. Legion is normally slow and I run him around for ages forcing him to use his FF on me, and none of them want to but realize they must.

this applies to every killer, we're looking for a counter against legion.

• HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298
    Options

@MyNamePete said:

@HatCreature said:

On console Legion specifically gets juked very hard.

• MyNamePete
    MyNamePete Member Posts: 1,053
    Options

@HatCreature said:

@MyNamePete said:

@HatCreature said:

lmao yeah that's true, but I was applying that with the other stuffs you s p o k e

• Dehitay
    Dehitay Member Posts: 1,725
    Options

The counter to Legion is the same as the counter to Nurse. Stealth. Since most survivors don't want to be stealthy and think they should be able to outrun any killer, nobody accepts that though. His killer instinct only lets him catch you from a different survivor if you were real close to that survivor to begin with.

However, even with that being said, games where survivors actually use stealth are some of the stupidest games so I can very much understand why nobody wants to use it. They can take around 30 minutes if the killer isn't using tracking perks, but survivors are using stealth perks and are good at hiding.

• HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298
    Options

@MyNamePete said:

@HatCreature said:

@MyNamePete said:

@HatCreature said:

lmao yeah that's true, but I was applying that with the other stuffs you s p o k e

Ok cool glad that's a known thing lol, yeah no real counterplay.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    Options
    Stealth
  • WaffleFalafel
    WaffleFalafel Member Posts: 384
    Options
    Stealth
    Killer Instinct. Better yet, Iridescent Button.
  • Ryuhi
    edited January 2019
    Options

@Zarathos said:
    Ryuhi said:

@Orion said:

Any killer with a definitive counter is crap. Having a definative counter to legion is drawing out the hunt as long as possible or alternatively when hes in ff break line of sight take an unexpected movement hanging around corners and sneaking past them. Its gets easier if you run iron will. His power like spirit can bork him worse then any m1 killer as you can easily lose a survivours if they use his ff against him. 

So literally every single other killer in the game (including the nurse) is crap? I'm lost. There is not a single way for survivors to outplay a legion, which is what counterplay means. This is the core of the problem with legion, the inevitability of his victory in skirmishes. his victory in the grand scale is nowehere near confirmed (and often quite the opposite) yet in the microcosm of an individual battle of wits, there is no way to outwit him. Again, even the nurse can be juked with LoS and baits for a substantial amount of time, but the legion just doesnt have that because of how his kit is designed.

One big difference in counterplay with the nurse vs legion is that winning is actually a BAD thing vs the legion. If you counterplay the nurse, you waste her time. If you "counterplay" legion, you just force your timer to tick down faster, and immobilize yourself so he can kill you. Ironically, the "best" way to fight the legion is to continuously frce yourself into his LoS to force a chase so the game will not let you suffocate yourself with his DW mechanic. Of course it all comes to an end since once you get low enough you cannot do anything regardless and must sit in place, immobile, and audibly giving away your own position. literally no ther killer has that level of training wheels (not even the god tier nurse,) which is why its such a big deal.

to emphasize: literally the only "weaknesses" in legions kit in regards to a chase are 100% the player's own incompetence, not an opponent's ability to overcome. its a very distinct difference.

• NoodleLegs
    NoodleLegs Member Posts: 317
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Mm, I got really mad at a Legion once and I looped them pretty hard. I made their Frenzy run out. All I did was circle trees then ran into a log and 180'd them. They gave up on me pretty quick.
  • Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873
    Options

nope, none.

• PigMainBigBrain
    PigMainBigBrain Member Posts: 1,893
    edited January 2019
    Options

@mistar_z said:
    I mean other than everyone just outright disconnecting the second they see the deep wound status.

Run resilience, stay injured....gen rush. Or take it a step further and run Dead Hard+Resillience+NoMither+insert whatever you want. Then proceed to gen rush, loop, and completely destroy legion.

I'm not joking, his base kit design allows intelligent players to get faster gen rushing progress than any killer thats ever come out.

Also side note, triggering a sprint burst or any kind of sprint skill after his initial hit will put you so damn far across the map from him plus the stun itll give you time to break the chase and mend.

• The_Trapper
    The_Trapper Member Posts: 186
    Options

Multiple counters to Legion, however I will admit that Frankie's mix tape and dirty blade give him a good buff (Considering he needs a buff).

When Legion uses feral frenzy, break the line of sight after being hit, no scratch marks and the speed buff makes it easy to lose him.

When Legion uses feral frenzy, a well timed pallet drop will completely drain him of all his frenzy and stun him.

When Legion doesn't use his frenzy, he can be looped almost as badly as Huntress.

• Kurisataru
    Kurisataru Member Posts: 460
    Options

This is why leader and prove thyself are about to get buffed. Because a good leigon has no real counterplay. A bad leigon on the other hand is a hilarious joke and you can heal right next to him and be ignored because hes busy testing some idea of bringing everyone to deep wound/injured.
    I refuse to disconnect on purpose against good leigons though because how else will we discover counter play besides playing against it? At the moment our only savior is hoping that he isn't good at finding people who are hiding and he plays like one of those funny leigons who try to kill the whole team at once. Put you on deep wound then walk away hit someone else, walk away hit someone else expecting to floor them as a grand finale all like he's trying to cook pancakes; pour the batter, wait a bit, flip it.

• Ryuhi
    Options

@The_Trapper said:
    Multiple counters to Legion, however I will admit that Frankie's mix tape and dirty blade give him a good buff (Considering he needs a buff).

When Legion uses feral frenzy, break the line of sight after being hit, no scratch marks and the speed buff makes it easy to lose him.

When Legion uses feral frenzy, a well timed pallet drop will completely drain him of all his frenzy and stun him.

When Legion doesn't use his frenzy, he can be looped almost as badly as Huntress.

If legion loses you after a single hit, then he was never intending to chase you to begin with. If he was, he's going to be able to get right back on you since the stun doesn't happen until the second hit (after which he will see blood, and scratch marks will load back in while he recovers.) If anything, losing him in this scenario will start your DW timer, giving you less ability to get distance and/or hide before being immobilized. Its not a counterplay.

Trying to hit the legion with a pallet drop isn't impossible, but its absurdly improbable. If you ever get to a pallet in a chase, the legion will pause for a second knowing you want to throw it, then start a staring contest. If you throw the pallet too early (highly likely) then it will miss, he leaps over, and gets a free tag unless he ran out of frenzy (at which point, again, he will see blood and scratch marks spawn in.) Otherwise he will usually lunge through after a moment knowing you wont be able to react fast enough to an attack with 132% movespeed within that short of a distance (especially through latency.) Even if you DO manage to land the pallet smack, he sees blood and scratch marks spawn in, letting him know where you went. Again, not a counterplay.

Legions "not using their frenzy" is not a realistic scenario, since its something that is only ever done by bad legion players 90% of the time. Because of the near impossibility to lose him, its almost always better to just start the frenzy (even on wounded players) and the absurdly-in-your-favor chase that follows. If you can land an m1 without having to chase against someone wounded, that will indeed be optimal. But the moment you need to do a chase you should generally be using FF to make afforementioned looping non-existent. again, not a counterplay.

The common trend here is that when chasing is concerned, the survivor is at the mercy of how good or bad the legion player is. The survivor needs to do everything they can to be efficient outside of chases, and use strategies to mitigate the legions overall effectiveness, but there is no way to actually COUNTERPLAY a legion during an altercation (i.e. a chase.) There are only ways for the legion to lose the chase for himself, and even then he gets an automatic second chance due to the DW timer.

• The_Trapper
    Options
    Ryuhi said:

@The_Trapper said:

If legion loses you after a single hit, then he was never intending to chase you to begin with. If he was, he's going to be able to get right back on you since the stun doesn't happen until the second hit (after which he will see blood, and scratch marks will load back in while he recovers.) If anything, losing him in this scenario will start your DW timer, giving you less ability to get distance and/or hide before being immobilized. Its not a counterplay.

Trying to hit the legion with a pallet drop isn't impossible, but its absurdly improbable. If you ever get to a pallet in a chase, the legion will pause for a second knowing you want to throw it, then start a staring contest. If you throw the pallet too early (highly likely) then it will miss, he leaps over, and gets a free tag unless he ran out of frenzy (at which point, again, he will see blood and scratch marks spawn in.) Otherwise he will usually lunge through after a moment knowing you wont be able to react fast enough to an attack with 132% movespeed within that short of a distance (especially through latency.) Even if you DO manage to land the pallet smack, he sees blood and scratch marks spawn in, letting him know where you went. Again, not a counterplay.

Legions "not using their frenzy" is not a realistic scenario, since its something that is only ever done by bad legion players 90% of the time. Because of the near impossibility to lose him, its almost always better to just start the frenzy (even on wounded players) and the absurdly-in-your-favor chase that follows. If you can land an m1 without having to chase against someone wounded, that will indeed be optimal. But the moment you need to do a chase you should generally be using FF to make afforementioned looping non-existent. again, not a counterplay.

The common trend here is that when chasing is concerned, the survivor is at the mercy of how good or bad the legion player is. The survivor needs to do everything they can to be efficient outside of chases, and use strategies to mitigate the legions overall effectiveness, but there is no way to actually COUNTERPLAY a legion during an altercation (i.e. a chase.) There are only ways for the legion to lose the chase for himself, and even then he gets an automatic second chance due to the DW timer.

Okay, got a lot of stuff to tear apart with what you said so I’ll jump right in.

You state it as a fact that if Legion loses you after the first hit he never intended to chase you. False. I play Legion as my joint favourite killer, when I land a hit against rank ones, I always have to do a swift 360 to find them, if there’s plenty of obstacles about; I can lose them. Resort is a good example, or the corn fields. I’ve been both survivor and killer and been part of this, it’s a counterplay - sorry.

Next, you say DW timer prevents you from getting distance, this is true but not to the extent that you imply. Unless Legion has the add on you can easily get enough distance to mend safely provided Legion has not seen you, moving on...

You say the pallet drop isn’t a counterplay, false again. Pallets are a counter for every killer just in difference senses. Bait HB and LF to rev the chainsaw for an extra loop or two. Legion is just a mind game, a game of chicken. He’s the one with a countdown on his ability, he’s always against the clock. If he’s just standing there then you gotta play your timing right since you can either stun him midlunge or buy those precious second or two to run after throwing the pallet down. You might not be good enough to do this, but it’s a counterplay I use frequently. 

You have plenty of time to gain distance or simply buy your team extra time, without Frankies mix tape the chases are long AF. After the frenzy ability you have a few seconds of no scratch marks, so that’s extra distance providing you haven’t been seen. Not to mention his low movement speed for the duration of the stun AND the visual impairment. 

You say looping a Legion who isn’t using his ability isn’t a counterplay. His low movement speed encourages players to use frenzy, if they don’t, they get punished worse than a trapper or wraith who doesn’t use their ability. False once again, it’s a counterplay.

Other things I didn’t bother mentioning was the fact that Legions chases are longer than most other killers, even when he is using his feral frenzy since he needs 4 hits. I play both sides and feel the difference every time, especially when they try to grab that last hit without using the ability. Any survivor with a brain works on a generator ASAP while someone is being chased.

It’s been incredibly common that when a feral Legion vaults a window during a chase, they run straight past a crouched survivor, I’ve done this myself since so many survivors just run in circles. If it buys that last second before the frenzy flops, it’s a counterplay.

If his playstyle beats your survivor playstyle then that explains a lot, you just need to practice more. 

Most of the stuff I mentioned applies to tools survivors use in game, it just requires a slightly different play style to how you use them against other killers.

Thanks for the response though, been a while since I had something to proper rip at haha
  • Ryuhi
    Options

so basically that was the longest winded "I lose people as legion sometimes, so you're wrong" I've ever seen. You bring into account my ability to play survivor multiple times in your response, but you ignore the fact that design problems stemming from a killer's lack of ability does not equal counterplay. Every single one of those "answers" revolved around the killer messing up. Thats not how counterplay works.

I personally don't hate playing against the legion, but I have seen enough of him from both sides to know what he is and isnt capable of. The point of the discussion is that a legion who does not mess up will never lose a chase vs a survivor of equal or higher skill. The survivor can draw the chase out, but it WILL end in them down unless the legion makes big mistakes. The reason so many people take issue with this is because even the nurse has more counterplay due to her being required to blink to catch up to survivors, and survivors being able to manipulate her landing spots with obstacles as well as LoS blocking and actual mindgames therein.

• LegitAdventurer
    LegitAdventurer Member Posts: 505
    Options
    Pretty common sense, but an easy counter is to simply all split up and do separate gens. If a Legion gets stuck tunnelling it wastes his entire toolkit. As a Legion killer main i think legion imo is really easy to counter. 

You can pallet loop him for a nice double stun, forcing him to use his power and dropping pallets late or doubling back over pallets/windows after he vaults, at as long as you're in chase you cant go down from his beast mode. Plus, every hit you take gives you a speed burst. Legion has the longest technical "downing time" which means if you're in chase, all your teamates can gen rush really hard while you take Legion on the chase of his life. As long as your teamates aren't uber altruistic and hugging you, allowing him to get multiple hits during beast mode, Legion is pretty powerless.
  • BigBlackMori
    BigBlackMori Member Posts: 220
    Options

@Ryuhi said:
    so basically that was the longest winded "I lose people as legion sometimes, so you're wrong" I've ever seen. You bring into account my ability to play survivor multiple times in your response, but you ignore the fact that design problems stemming from a killer's lack of ability does not equal counterplay. Every single one of those "answers" revolved around the killer messing up. Thats not how counterplay works.

I personally don't hate playing against the legion, but I have seen enough of him from both sides to know what he is and isnt capable of. The point of the discussion is that a legion who does not mess up will never lose a chase vs a survivor of equal or higher skill. The survivor can draw the chase out, but it WILL end in them down unless the legion makes big mistakes. The reason so many people take issue with this is because even the nurse has more counterplay due to her being required to blink to catch up to survivors, and survivors being able to manipulate her landing spots with obstacles as well as LoS blocking and actual mindgames therein.

Umm....he was right, though. Like...everything he said. Legion is to survivors as every survivor is to al other Killers - if he plays perfectly, he wins. If he capitalizes on his opponents' mistakes, he wins.

Congratulations, Survivors. Now you know how Killer mains feel all the time.

• Milord
    Milord Member Posts: 273
    Options
    Let me get this right... So the counter against Legion is to make someone a sacrificial goat while the other 3 survivors gen rush?
  • The_Trapper
    Options

@Ryuhi said:

If you could kindly read my responses properly, as I am doing with your drivel.

I explained that it was a tactic that has worked for me, and against me as Legion, so I am not the only one doing it. In the words of Don King, "If I can do it, you can do it...". Not to mention other people saying the same thing as me on this thread.

Your next comment made me raise an eyebrow, if a killer does not mess up, how do you counter play them exactly? How do you counter a nurse who does not mess up? How do you counter a Hillbilly or a Huntress? I am eager to know, because if they play 100% without fault, they will always win. Every counter play is using the killer's advantage against them.

If you play at 100%, never messing up: You will never lose a survivor lmao it does not matter who the killer is, in fact Legion's chases would be longer than other killers, so the point you try to make here is invalid.

ANY survivor getting chased will eventually get downed, that is how it works. The survivor is not supposed to be able to win a chase by any other means than losing the killer.

You point out Nurse's flaws but you have consistently said that a "Legion who never messes up" has no counterplay, as stated earlier, this applies to Nurse so there was not much point in you saying that.

• Kurisataru
    Options

@Milord said:
    Let me get this right... So the counter against Legion is to make someone a sacrificial goat while the other 3 survivors gen rush?

Not really, I mean this is how my games with good leigons go:
    Someone gets hooked, if we are smart we know to not all try to help them at once.
    Leigon walks off looking for someone else, finds someone else, hits them up 1-2 times, sometimes floors them, leaves to check on who's being saved
    Usually the other 2 people are trying to save/heal the person unhooked and end up getting smacked up thus wasting time
    Person unhooked gets hooked
    Someone else gets hooked
    Everyone is injured and not doing gens

Against a leigon even something like Kindred would be useless if your team doesnt have their wits about. Usually if I play in a Sw1f match against a good leigon we end up being the last 2 dead and giving each other the hatch or just dying. It's hard to play with randoms against a good leigon and I assume that one of those swf types who uses Borrowed Time, Instaheals, Selfcare, DS all that stuff my team wouldn't use all at once would be difficult for me to play with too since they're overly altruistic

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911
    Options
    Ryuhi said:

@Zarathos said:
    Ryuhi said:

@Orion said:

So literally every single other killer in the game (including the nurse) is crap? I'm lost. There is not a single way for survivors to outplay a legion, which is what counterplay means. This is the core of the problem with legion, the inevitability of his victory in skirmishes. his victory in the grand scale is nowehere near confirmed (and often quite the opposite) yet in the microcosm of an individual battle of wits, there is no way to outwit him. Again, even the nurse can be juked with LoS and baits for a substantial amount of time, but the legion just doesnt have that because of how his kit is designed.

One big difference in counterplay with the nurse vs legion is that winning is actually a BAD thing vs the legion. If you counterplay the nurse, you waste her time. If you "counterplay" legion, you just force your timer to tick down faster, and immobilize yourself so he can kill you. Ironically, the "best" way to fight the legion is to continuously frce yourself into his LoS to force a chase so the game will not let you suffocate yourself with his DW mechanic. Of course it all comes to an end since once you get low enough you cannot do anything regardless and must sit in place, immobile, and audibly giving away your own position. literally no ther killer has that level of training wheels (not even the god tier nurse,) which is why its such a big deal.

to emphasize: literally the only "weaknesses" in legions kit in regards to a chase are 100% the player's own incompetence, not an opponent's ability to overcome. its a very distinct difference.

Your movement and suggested victory conditions. Involved your failure in losing him. Good legions hard to lose is a lazy excuse. I play a wide variety of killers and tracking being my main skill as killer has been outwitted by clever players before. You lose chase vs legion that is his strength his power. Every killer circumvents aspects of the game with a cost. Legions chase is his strength.

The dbd meta has always been the chase. Never ever stealth or evasion. Nurse is the only force right now that promotes losing the killer and stealth. We need more killers like legion. A threat that rewards us for being evasive and punishes players for only understanding looping mechanics with no knowledge of evasion tactics or controlling the trail of your scratch marks.

This incompetence you speak of is an excuse to say you cant lose a great killer in dbd that is complete baloney. Read his hunting patterns move in odd routing patterns that are hard to predict. Every single legion complaint is vaults/pallets dont work broken killer. Meanwhile I'm juking and evading every legion with ease. Should he have a higher skill floor ya sounds good making a miss consume some of the gauge is a good idea to punish mistakes made on swings.

Making the bleed out bar pause while in his tr take blood tracking off whilst in ff these are solutions to fix his skill cap but everyone is so fixated on he vaults things broken killer its hard to take anyone seriously.
  • Kurisataru
    Options

@Zarathos said: The dbd meta has always been the chase. Never ever stealth or evasion. Nurse is the only force right now that promotes losing the killer and stealth. We need more killers like legion. A threat that rewards us for being evasive and punishes players for only understanding looping mechanics with no knowledge of evasion tactics or controlling the trail of your scratch marks.

I agree with you for the most part on all that, I hate facing a good Leigon as a survivor main, but at the same time, I LOVE how Spirit and Legion forces survivors to think smarter and be on high alert when you're in big groups or someone gets hooked. I personally get immersed in it. If your team can force Legion to spend more time looking around, gen patrolling (if I can control it, I try to make my team do gens in a specific order or I do my gens based on how they do it), or camping (assuming they ever do). Then you'll be fine. I think survivors will feel better when they realize that they need to break out of old habits. I only started playing this game during the december 2018 double bp event and thankfully so because I'm still learning this game as it's changing.

• BadMrFrosty
    BadMrFrosty Member Posts: 1,100
    Options

@BigBlackMori said:

@Ryuhi said:

Umm....he was right, though. Like...everything he said. Legion is to survivors as every survivor is to al other Killers - if he plays perfectly, he wins. If he capitalizes on his opponents' mistakes, he wins.

Congratulations, Survivors. Now you know how Killer mains feel all the time.

What really ######### with me here is that he's right. I play both roles, and I have to say that last bolded part mirrors my exact thoughts on Legion overall.

• Ryuhi
    Options

@The_Trapper said:

@Ryuhi said:

If you could kindly read my responses properly, as I am doing with your drivel.

I explained that it was a tactic that has worked for me, and against me as Legion, so I am not the only one doing it. In the words of Don King, "If I can do it, you can do it...". Not to mention other people saying the same thing as me on this thread.

Your next comment made me raise an eyebrow, if a killer does not mess up, how do you counter play them exactly? How do you counter a nurse who does not mess up? How do you counter a Hillbilly or a Huntress? I am eager to know, because if they play 100% without fault, they will always win. Every counter play is using the killer's advantage against them.

If you play at 100%, never messing up: You will never lose a survivor lmao it does not matter who the killer is, in fact Legion's chases would be longer than other killers, so the point you try to make here is invalid.

ANY survivor getting chased will eventually get downed, that is how it works. The survivor is not supposed to be able to win a chase by any other means than losing the killer.

You point out Nurse's flaws but you have consistently said that a "Legion who never messes up" has no counterplay, as stated earlier, this applies to Nurse so there was not much point in you saying that.

the dictionary definition of counterplay is "a countering move or maneuver in a game or competition ." Its usage in modern games is in regards to ones ability to defend/prevent/nullify/etc against an unfavorable aggressive tactic. The vast majority of killers, unfortunately, are TOO susceptible to survivor counterplay, like you mentioned. Pallets and windows, just by nature of even being in the game, are counterplay tools. As is abusing the differences in hitbox size and acceleration rates to minimize the killer's speed difference (aka looping.) Many killers are tiered and balanced by their ability to counterplay THOSE counterplays, such as trapper/hag trapping loops, clown bottles slowing, etc. These are examples of skill based counterplay and how it reflects to specific applications.

The reason why all of your suggests are strategies and not actual counterplay is because they do not address what counterplay actually IS. Thats why the killer skill comments are necessary: Counterplay is supposed to be a nullification at worst, a reversal at best. When a counterplay is applied to a scenario, there should be a very good chance of anywhere from a progress reset to completely turning the tables.

For the nurse she can completely lose a survivor and waste a ton of time trying to find them, especially since her movement speed is so low without teleporting. Many of her addons considerably lower survivors' ability to counterplay her, as many counterplay tactics will either stop working or be much less effective due to the weaknesses they target being less glaring. An example of nurse counterplay that have varying levels of success depending on addons are using terrain/obstacles to make her blink distances just far enough for the player to dodge an attack (or even cause the nurse to hit a wall/object instead of the player.) If the survivor does this correctly, the nurse will hit the wall or nothing at all, and go into her stun allowing the player to go for another tactic/get space/hide/etc. It is not an absolute tactic, but the better the survivor knows nurse timings/distances/etc the more likely they are to successfully apply it.

Switch back to the Legion offered counters, and they are counter strategies but not counterplay. Deep Wounds, and its ease of application, creates a net loss at each strategy that could be considered a counterplay. There is no net null unless the killer loses you entirely, since even vaguely being able to track you will cause a timer until you are immobilized and easily downed. This is what many people are the most frustrated with and what constitutes the worst balance: being punished for successfully applying what should be counterplay. The second DW is applied, it becomes non-existant. You could argue that there is counterplay BEFORE DW is applied, and you're right. The crux of the issue is that its a mechanic that the legion can apply easily and liberally, yet survivors have no way of DIRECTLY countering. That is why, more than any other killer, the absolute ending of each chase is determined by the legion.

• KingSavageGaming
    KingSavageGaming Member Posts: 148
    Options
    Every time i see a legion nerf discussion(not you) i just think to myself is your ego really that big are you really that entitled?
  • Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256
    Options

Iron Will + Urban Evasion is your best bet for getting away, though if you can't hide your blood in grass you're screwed.