Parental Guidance will become an anti tunneling meta perk

Options
Adaez
Adaez Member Posts: 1,239

You dont wanna get tunneled off the hook even if you have DS?Just run Parental Guidance for 100% chance the killer will lose your track and has to be forced to chase someone else.

I do believe this is a good perk that's not too overpowered,besides the perk bullying potential of weak baby killers,there's not much to complain about it.

Comments

• Adaez
    Adaez Member Posts: 1,239
    Options

Ds,blinding also counts I think,head one,pallet stun,flashbang,blast mine.

There is more value in killer not knowing which direction you want than people give credit for.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,531
    Options

Yeah. But there is still the Meta that most survivors won’t drop for this.

i am not saying it’s a bad perk, but it’s very likely not going to be the new meta.

• Tiufal
    Tiufal Member Posts: 1,252
    Options

The perk isnt even good enough for this. You would need to have much LoS-Blockers around you otherwise it doesnt pay off with DS.

• EntitySpawn
    EntitySpawn Member Posts: 4,233
    Options

I mean I just use DS and put on good chases, if I really wanted to punish a killer tunneling I could use DS, DH, UB and this perk.

Although most maps are open so they will see you even if you run the perk, may help you 1/10 games but other perks are more useful imo

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270
    Options

Its gonna be nice with smash hit, head on and ds for sure. I'm gonna run it. I doubt it'll see much use since there are already very strong scratch mark/blood/etc deleting perks which don't see much use which I'm kinda thankful for - give me BT and DS over shadow step and lucky break any day

• Sepex
    Sepex Member Posts: 1,408
    Options

I think Q&Q+Head on with this new perk even without a flashlight would be good as well.

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992
    Options

Having to run one situational perk in the chance I’m picked up 60 seconds after being unhooked (and being unable to do anything in the meantime) is unappealing enough. Running two is a gross idea.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,541
    Options

Whispers counters it (for the most part)

Lightborn (cause you can't be blinded)

A decent headset

But does it block aura reading though?

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992
    edited February 2022
    Options

No, it doesn’t. Meaning its best counter is Nemesis (perk). Hard counters it.

• HaunterofShadows
    HaunterofShadows Member Posts: 3,997
    Options

I like running lithe, dance with me, quick and quiet, and windows of opportunity so the moment I vault a window they lose me.

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564
    Options

I am actually gonna use it. I will use it with Smash Hit. It seem good combo. And maybe i will add Quick and Quiet too.

• Veinslay
    Veinslay Member Posts: 1,959
    Options

This perk seems like it will be a nightmare. You basically have to eat tons of pallet stuns against good survivors in order to get the pallet down as fast as possible to prevent additional loops

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,714
    Options

I don’t know if the perk will be meta, but as a killer main I do think people who say it’s bad are underestimating it. Flashlight blind at a pallet and you have zero idea where the survivor ran too unless you happen to run something like Lightborn or Nemesis which, let’s face it, aren’t great perks overall so it’s not likely a killer is running them. And on a Decisive Strike the stun is 5 seconds which is more than enough time to get completely out of ear and eye shot before you start to leave scratches or blood again.

Of course, this begs the question, is it actually always good strategy to immediately resume chasing someone after they stun you at a pallet? Depending on the situation the answer is often no, your better bet is just break the pallet and switch to someone actively doing gens because if you keep chasing that survivor they almost certainly will have reached a new pallet and you’re back to square one. If you just keep chasing, getting a pallet drop, breaking and rechasing and rebreaking, by the time you get a down the gens will all be done. You need to be mindful of when to switch targets to maintain pressure on the survivors as a whole, not just on the one in front of you.

So this perk is probably good in that it does prevent a killer who might otherwise be able to efficiently catch up to you after a stun to have to switch targets regardless. But it’s probably not meta in the sense that good killers won’t just blindly stick to someone after a pallet drop but will be more willing to switch off when that happens.

• fernandosilveirasc
    fernandosilveirasc Member Posts: 37
    edited February 2022
    Options

As mostly a Killer player, as soon as I read this perk's description I tought to myself "oh F*". After a stun its already kinda hard to get a grip on the survivor again as it is, specially in dark maps. If you add a blind, than its even harder. Now you take off your first go to, which are the scratch marks, and it becomes insane. You don't need to get it all the time, but if 1 or 2 survivors get it once, thats GG and 0k.

I'm pretty sure this will need a nerf, either by adding exaustion or a generous cooldown.

• Tr1nity
    Tr1nity Member Posts: 5,047
    Options

DS, Head-on, Any Means Necessary, Parental Guidance, Flashlight.