MMR broken stop MMR please

eloise
eloise Member Posts: 528
edited February 2022 in Feedback and Suggestions

Please stop the MMR it's not funny when you play solo this game it's too hard because the MMR.

Post edited by Mandy on

Comments

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762

Not because MMR, it's because killer scarcity.

• fulltonon

You can't know it because there is no situation MMR is actually working as intended.

It may actually be working nicely if it tries to match with same MMR, but it won't happen, never.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,771

Oh no the algorithm itself could be flawless but the actual rating itself is intrinsically flawed at judging skill due to only considering kills + escapes sans hatch. Doesn't matter how good your algorithm is if you're basing it off of the wrong value to start with

• fulltonon

It doesn't matter, end result could be flawless regardless of how you calculate it.

We can't know it simply because end result will not be used for matchmaking.

• disgust
    disgust Member Posts: 71

just stop playing the game if you think killers are that miserable

• konchok
    konchok Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 1,719
    edited February 2022

I think the formula used for MMR is basically broken.

For MMR to work in the first place you need a win condition that has a 50 percent chance of occurring. So if you lose than mmr goes down and if you win then MMR goes up. The number of people with MMR decreasing should be roughly the same as the number of people with MMR increasing.

However, DBD does not work this way.

Survivors have aproximately a 45 percent chance of escaping on average. In addition to this , when a survivor escapes through the hatch this does not count as a win for that survivor, but a draw. So the real escape rate is actually lower than the 45 percent, but BHVR has not released those numbers.

What this means is that killers are experiencing MMR bloat. Initially this meant that killers were going against survivors who were much more skilled than them (but counterintuitively they were still getting an average of 2k) But eventually the MMR for killers bloated so much for so many killers that the MMR basically just gave up. So if you are above a certain MMR for killer rather than getting paired with good survivors you'll get paired almost at random. Meanwhile if you're a bad killer, you're going to be going up against survivors that out skill you.

Edit: What's really funny about this is that you can tell who the low MMR killers are, because they're the ones that go to the forums to complain about how it's unfair that they're in high MMR and survivors are impossible.

• Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,168
    edited February 2022

I've come to hate this system with a passion recently

SoloQ has turned into nothing more than "if you don't run DS then I hope you enjoy being the weak link"

You can play really well but if you mess up one time you're done for the whole game because killers want to make it 3v1 as fast as possible

• ownoka
    ownoka Member Posts: 36

There is no MMR! Either the attempt at an MMR is so flawed that it can't manage the volume of people and so throws you into overly imbalanced match to get one int a match timely or they turn it off at specific times (every night) so it doesn't even matter. I really am trying to avoid to add to the poison of complaints that Behavior is receiving because it's hard to put your soul into something that everyone dumps on, but I find I only play now to chat with my friends. The game itself I don't look forward to playing. The fact that Behavior removes the transparency of showing player level and only shows Grade is circumstantial evidence of the lack of functioning MMR.

• konchok
    konchok Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 1,719

I feel that MMR should be visible, then at least we would be able to see if the MMR is working or not.

• scoser
    scoser Member Posts: 482

If you could prove MMR was broken, then BHVR would actually have to do something about it, which they can't have.

• Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,168

Didn't one of the CMs say that having a system based on only kills/escapes didn't work so well

But then we got it anyway LOL