Midwich Elementary School doesn't have hooks on an entire half of the bottom floor of the map.

Midwich Elementary School doesn't have hooks on an entire half of the bottom floor of the map.

PC, but likely any platform. Can completely ruin the game if survivors take advantage of the vast hook deadzone.

Step 1 : Load into the Midwich Elementary School map

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

• Ghostface
  • STBFL, Coupe de Grace, Pain Ressonance,
  • Midwich Elementary School
  • Rare but quite game-breaking, caused by bad luck.

DOCUMENTS TO ADD

• Video link: https://imgur.com/l2BWIJe
  • I know it might be disorienting, but there are no hooks on the half the bottom floor, essentially from staircase to staircase. Notice the survivor did not have Boil Over, and no one was sabotaging hooks. (I checked literally all game just in case there was the gloves addon for the toolbox in play.) The survivor who was sacrificed was sacrificed on a Scourge Hook placed above basement.

Comments

• wimpy
    wimpy Member Posts: 274

No one would trust a video with only a small part of it cut out. You have not proven that no one sabotaged the hooks or that you executed the survivors with the hooks in the basement.

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,142
    edited March 2022

I also experienced this on Midwich. I figured the survivors burnt several Oak offerings to make hooks few and far between, but I paused the game and saw no such offering(s).

It was the bottom floor for me as well. An extra hook spawned in the middle courtyard, but carrying survivors out of the rooms, down the hallways to the doors which lead to the courtyard took way too long and they would wiggle free.

Post edited by Nos37 on
  • Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,352

I'm pretty sure hook spawn logic does not factor in vertical distance, just horizontal distance. Midwich also only spawns hooks in hallways with one room being an exception. So if all the hooks spawn in the hallway below, then the hallway above does not get any. It's not common, but it can lead to situations where hooks are spread really far apart because of it.

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,562

This is true, but Midwich and I believe The Game used to be an an exception. The bug is far more noticeable on the former, since there’s no ‘middle’ part of the second floor.

• Tylerja1
    Tylerja1 Member Posts: 38

Happened to me yesterday aswell