Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

This is what happens when you cater to survivors too much

Adaez
Adaez Member Posts: 1,239

Trying to swf with my friends and it takes over 10 minutes to find a killer,very nice.

Comments

• Aradia5589
    Aradia5589 Member Posts: 8

So true the devs are making it impossible for survivors to play catering to only killers constantly with there toxic builds that they need to carry them. There's gonna be less survivors playing and more killers playing . The more they complain the more they will aleays get and suvivors get nothing.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

It is. We are 1 out of 5. From a business stand point, no sane business would try to please the minority of their customers. They would ideally want to please the most they can.

• Adaez
    Adaez Member Posts: 1,239

But it starts to hurt the plyaerbase they cater for which is survivors now.

• VirtuaTyKing
    VirtuaTyKing Member Posts: 465
    edited March 2022

It's not purely if you did bad though is it. You have swf telling each other where you are going. Some games I catch people in a matter of seconds but by the time I have 3 hooks 3 gens are gone. You can't be everywhere at once.

Just injuring and guarding gens would work more often if they didn't have COH freeing up perk slots for blasting gens.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
  • EvilBarney666
    EvilBarney666 Member Posts: 334
    edited March 2022

It all boils down to Mr. Krabs favorite thing. Money! 💰 like was stated above. You cater to your majority in any business. Survivors outnumber killers 4 to 1.

Survivors play with their friends. They bring more into the game. In turn those friends buy more cosmetics and packs etc..

You need to make the game feel easier for them. If they feel more in power they will stay. If they lose all the time they will leave. It's sad. BHVR needs to balance the game, but how far is to far?

Bottom line, survivor needs to be the power role but not seem like it is. We can see now that with SWF really is the power role.

Killers are given nothing to compensate for SWF. It's unfair. But hey, it makes them more money 💰 🤑

• N8dog
    N8dog Member Posts: 541

dude, we JUST got the hemorrhaged rework announced. If you run sloppy survivors can not abuse resilience and if you scare someone healing away. they lose progress while relocating. This is a VERY killer sided midchapter. And even if you don't like legion or ghostface the hemorrhaged rework is a huge improvement.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

Perks are there for a reason... just remember the base mechanics of this game.... Geez

Base Regression is 1/4th of Progression

Maps are (Bad Word) at this point

Sure Hooks do last longer... But a Toolbox and 2.5 Seconds of time can destroy them... Sure they do come back but only after 30 Seconds to a minute

Struggling on the Killer's shoulder is lame... thank god they changed that

Looping and/ or hiding is good enough for one side (also Killer dependent)

If I were to do an experiment on all this... First it will take a while... Second it might just show that Perks are meant to be a thing in this game

Perks just don't "carry" matches on their own... It comes down to the person using them to matter one way or the other

• MilManson
    MilManson Member Posts: 939

In my entire time of playing DBD I've never had a survivor heal themselves whilst in a chase, is this a low tier MMR thing?

• SweetbutaPsycho
    SweetbutaPsycho Member Posts: 253

Might be that the hemorrhaged rework benefits the killers but it still doesnt adress a lot of issues that ppl are having with this game. Tunneling meta is still present both for killers and survs, no looking at gen speeds and nothing about queue times, sbmm, dead hard and other issues. Its the old BHV approach: Give ppl something unrelated and try to sell it as groundbreaking and cool. And then in their minds everyone goes "OMG Hemorrhaged rework, exactly what I was waiting for; THKS BHV; Im coming back to play killer and to buy every available skin in the shop now cause I love this game now". At least thats how I imagine it plays out in their minds

• N8dog

dude, I'm referring to you get close so they stop and relocate because they don't want you to follow their grunts of pain.

• Norhc
    Norhc Member Posts: 575

I think it's just called "evening".

• BadZilla
    BadZilla Member Posts: 467

What? we wanted COH and Dead Hard nerfs but we didn't get any...

• N8dog

killers found hemorrhage useless. Also, what did survivors get at all in this? There were 2 killer buffs and a hemorrhage rework. Tunnel/ping pong meta could only be solved by eliminating the 3 stage and reworking sacrifices entirely and a dead hard rework is possibly in the works. You gotta be realistic here. I never said this was a miracle. I said this patch gives more to killers than survivors.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,060

Those are Buffs. Not QoL-Changes.

Legion and Ghostface will be stronger, so those are Buffs. A QoL-Change would not really change the strength of a certain KIller/Add On.

• Aven_Fallen

I would say that Killer is hardER by design, not that it is hard. And it should be expected that it is harder, because it is the 1 in the 1v4. And even this is not 100% the case, because sometimes Killer can be easier than Survivor, depending on the Survivors they go against. But in general, yes, it is harder. But not hard overall.

And IMO this is correct this way. Because otherwise the side which has already more variety and gains more BPs would also be the side which is easier to play. So at least for Solos there would be 0 incentive to play Survivor anymore at this point (unless they enjoy it, of course).

Sprint Burst being stronger because it makes every area safe. You can be in the biggest Deadzone, if you have Sprint Burst ready, you will be safe. This is not the case with DH.

And being more annoying... This is obviously subjective, but I expect DH in every chase, so I dont really find it annoying if someone uses it. I think it is more annoying if a Survivor can sit on a Gen until the very last second and still can get away with that.

I wish that players on both sides would stop being butthurt. Most of the time it is their own fault of they lose (granted, as Survivor you at least have the possibility that someone else can mess it up for you). But all the time players find any excuse why they died - whether it is DH, SWF, the Map, camping, certain Killers...

• Aven_Fallen

"Are you Sluzzy 2.0? Cuz we dont need one.

Do you even play killer?Because you talk like a survivor main that never plays killer."

Funny, you say "Dont pay attention" when it comes to me, but do it yourself...

Yes, I play Killer. Every Killer except for Hag or Freddy, because I dont find them fun. And I have every Killer maxed out (P3-50 all Perks) aside from Sadako.

And I have probably more hours on Killer alone than most Forum users overall in DBD. So "You are a Survivor Main that never plays Killer" does not really work...

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

Yeah the test is weird. It seems like they turned ranks/sbmmr/hours played/everything off. Matching everyone with everything. Resulting in very inconsistent matches.

I usually use Bond and watching my teammates crouch behind a rock or in the corner of the map doesn´t really inspire faith in a good match.

• egg_
    egg_ Member Posts: 1,933
    edited March 2022

Interesting, I've been in queue as Plague for 6 minutes already now and still didn't find a match.

Point being: queue times depend on the time of the day. In the evening obviously more people are free and after a day of work/school, they want to socialize/play with friends, hence more survivors in queue