Unpopular opinions

Options
The_Krapper
The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,235

Im not trying to start a "us vs them" war in this thread I'm just curious what people believe is unpopular opinion about the game that they have, no arguments please everyone is entitled to their opinion, I'm just interested to hear some people's thoughts that they feel don't resonate.

Comments

• malloymk
    malloymk Member Posts: 1,545
    Options

The game would be better if there was no exposed status. Either make no exposed/1 hit downs or make all hits one hit downs. The game would be much easier to balance if this were the case.

• Advorsus
    Advorsus Member Posts: 1,033
    Options

The game would be better off, and more horror like, if they found a better way for tracking instead of using scratch marks/terror radius and red stain.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options

Survivors can earn just as much bloodpoints as killers.

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869
    Options

Maps should be changed before any perk/add on or whatever else people focus on constantly. Which just ends up being a bandaid fix.

But not the changes we are always getting. House of pain shouldn't exist as well as any other tile that is too safe. Of course completely killer sided tiles need to go too so it balances out.

• Dito175
    Dito175 Member Posts: 1,391
    Options

I hate Feng, she gets too many skins in comparasion to the others, #DELETEFENG.

The balance of the game isn't as bad as people say it is.

Matchmaking was already trash before MMR.

I don't want non human killers in dbd.

• Hex_Ignored
    Hex_Ignored Member Posts: 1,704
    Options

All offerings except survivor pudding, escape cake and BPS should be removed. They either serve no purpose other than being useless garbage you have to buy or are just broken (map offerings).

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,828
    Options

Demogorgon is extremely boring to play

• humanbeing1704
    Options

Also another I don't know if this is unpopular per say but dbd the past year and a half has just been absolutely boring to watch

• egg_
    egg_ Member Posts: 1,933
    edited March 2022
    Options

Dead hard can stay untouched until nurse's and blight's addons are looked into (aka nerfed to the ground) - possibly a couple of spirit's and other killer's too

• humanbeing1704
    Options

oh absolutely it's fun being walking hag or doing the bodyblocker hag build the only time I find hag fun to play

• Dito175
    Dito175 Member Posts: 1,391
    Options

I agree, i blame on the istagnat gameplay and lak of new maps but idk

• neb
    neb Member Posts: 790
    Options

Agreed, people exaggerate way too much for some pity points.

• KingFieldShipper
    KingFieldShipper Member Posts: 612
    Options

Game balance is fine, for the most part

Demo is the most boring killer in the game

MMR made killer matchmaking better

Survivor is not chill mode

Camping/tunneling is only sometimes the right strategy

• Munqaxus
    Munqaxus Member Posts: 2,752
    Options

Dead Hard is not the strongest exhaustion perk available to survivors and killers only see it as the most powerful because it's an in-your-face effect. If you could take the average chase time for each exhaustion perk, I believe Sprint Burst, Overcome and Lithe would beat Dead Hard, hands down.

• humanbeing1704
    Options

Lithe is fun to use on garbage unsafe pallets just pre drop then vault it boom you most likely run to a better area

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,647
    Options

Detective’s Hunch being 64 meters is lowkey ridiculous and probably just isn’t “op” from a stats standpoint because it’s not as valuable if the killer isn’t running hex perks. It should be somewhere between 40-48m imo.

Nurse blink attacks shouldn’t be basic attacks.

• Talmeer
    Talmeer Member Posts: 1,520
    edited March 2022
    Options

The game would overall better do if it would trie more to be a horror game, instead of a competitive game, with all what that would mean.

Aka, stronger killers, more game modes, bigger maps and so on.

Also Behavior should harder work against dc'ers, hackers and all this cra. . Those people claim always that they have reasons to behave, like they behave, but imo... As soon someone dcs or hacks, he is toxic enough to see him not as an important part of the community anymore. Aka. such persons should faster meet a ban hammer.

Not everyone will be happy who read this but I was always for clear cuts, instead of having drama until the end of days... :|

• Favi_MPx
    Favi_MPx Member Posts: 41
    Options

there's a 90% of being paired with survivors who carry a flashlight when you are playing as the wraith and, if it's not, they will found at least one in some chest.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,098
    Options

Nurse is not a problem. Most players are just really, really lacking in knowledge at playing against a good Nurse.

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,853
    Options

My problem with MMR is it doesn’t really measure skill. The old system at least took into account how much playtime someone has which kind of goes hand in hand with skill and experience.

• Lochnload_exe
    Lochnload_exe Member Posts: 1,360
    Options
  • dictep
    dictep Member Posts: 1,333
    Options

This forum is 50/50 killer/survivor

• Lx_malice
    Lx_malice Member Posts: 1,417
    edited March 2022
    Options

Macaroni salad is nasty af.

As for Dbd I personally think swfs are more "engaging" to play against than solos as a killer. Yeah they'll have the advantage of comms, but the majority of swfs really don't utilize their advantages to their full extent. Basically in short not all swfs are unbeatable. Most are also very predictable in that they are very altruistic; you can use this knowledge to your advantage if need be. Sometimes they'll even subtly dick around with you throughout the match which can be funny and refreshing. Not all swfs are mega tryhards and are just looking to have fun. And no that doesn't always mean in the sense of trying to bully the killer. Those are called bully squads.

• The_Krapper
    Options

I've always thought the killers needed more abilities, not that the ones they have aren't strong or good but every killer should have 3 powers unique to them so that way the player doesn't feel burnt out doing the same exact power over and over again and they have different options to choose from, they don't have to be OP powers but that alone would make playing any of the killers more fun and not like a rinse and repeat power spam.

• The_Krapper
    Options

I've been saying this for a while, even the worst survivor with 6k hours in the game is gonna bully a inexperienced killer to hell and back and vice versa, there's no denying that even if it doesn't mean you're skilled having alot of hours in the game gives you enough experience to be able to outsmart someone who isn't as familiar with maps, tiles, chase knowledge like knowing what direct to run each tile so it forces the survivor to throw the pallet on a dead zone or wall side, instead of just looping with him and you being on the deadzone side breaking the pallet while the survivor runs back into the map with all the safety and the distance

• Sangotunk
    Sangotunk Member Posts: 46
    Options

Prove thyself should be nerfed

• deKlaw_04
    deKlaw_04 Member Posts: 3,660
    Options

that wouldn’t be a bad idea honestly. Like demos aura reading addon as baskit would be absolutely disgusting. Problem is let’s say someone like Myers has all the stalking addons and tombstone and infinite that would be hell lmao

• The_Krapper
    Options

Lol it would suck to be the Myers when you have scratch mirror automatically cancelling over half your add-ons in that scenario, he would easily be the one who suffered the most from the change

• deKlaw_04
    deKlaw_04 Member Posts: 3,660
    Options

Well they could just make it that you see the auras with out stalking. Imagine lmao

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
    Options

Artist is one of the best designed killers in the game.

• LunarWendigo
    LunarWendigo Member Posts: 77
    Options

Boil over is insane and I wish it would get a little nerf. Sometimes I just have to slug cause I cannot get to a hook if the survivor I know has boil over.

• N8dog
    N8dog Member Posts: 541
    Options

Trapper while not strong is very unique and rewards smart play without a complex power that punishes until you figure out to use it. (uh...hrm...nurse... hyuk) Trapper is well designed, satisfying and fun to play. Slow start is unfortunate but almost anyone can get obliterated early game without corrupt anyone can be obliterated at the start. Trapper has a power that rewards strategy, is simple to understand and can keep survivors at any skill level in check. Trapper is in my opinion one of if not THE best designed killers in the game and a great blueprint of how to design killers.

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,329
    Options

Circle of Healing isnt the problem

Healing in general is

• SuzuKR
    SuzuKR Member Posts: 3,910
    Options

Nurse is by far the best-designed and best-balanced killer in the entire game, precisely because she can go through everything.

Blight is the second best in design and balance in the entire game. Of killers that cannot go through everything, Blight is the best possible design/balance of them that can be made.

• TheSubstitute
    TheSubstitute Member Posts: 2,292
    Options

Pineapple on pizza is really, really tasty.