Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Tru3Ta1ent got genrushed in 4 min but as Nurse this time

Comments

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Thaznar said:

Devs will never change genrush meta for survivors because they are:
    a) clueless
    b) lazy

Because they balance around rank 20.
  • DwightsLifeMatters
    DwightsLifeMatters Member Posts: 1,649
    Tsulan said:
    Thaznar said:

a) clueless
    b) lazy

They balance around rank 1. But around the boosted rank 1's lol.
    So stupid. Whenever you show those crap people come with argument "but not everyone plays like this"
    Yet they don't understand that it doesn't matter if 1% or 99% play like this. Balancing doesn't work around how players usually play.
    What's your opinion about the match @Tsulan? Did you noticed any major mistakes made here or not like me?
  • DwightsLifeMatters
    edited January 2019
    Poweas said:

@Nickenzie said:
    Jack11803 said:

You sit on a throne of lies! We were complaining about him using no perks or add ons. AND HE STILL ISNT! STOP WITH THESE DAMN POSTS!

Like I said before, Nurse will have to play out of her mind to have a chance against this here.

You're joking right? All he had to do was slug, slug and slug. That's it. He coulda got a 3-4 man.

Oooh, you mean "slugging" after slugging got nerfed so you pick up survivor in 1 second? Slugging is only really viable if you see someone else. Or its DS and you don't have enduring  or you aren't nurse. Clueless slugging can kick back very hard and you won nothing from that.
    Post edited by DwightsLifeMatters on
  • At higher ranks, killers need to slow the game down, ruin, overcharge, thanatopia, pop goes the weasel to name a few perks. This does go to show that at average and competent play (I think no perk nurse being used by a skilled player is above average and competent) survivors can end a game in a few minutes. As I've stated in many threads before, survivors need other objectives
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@DwightsLifeMatters said:
    Because so many said in the last post that the reason tru3 got genrushed was he played
    1. Doc 
    2. Did mistakes (aka didn't left the injured survivor to go for a healthy who was working on a gen next to him)

Nurse quick chases and no big mistakes.
    Last gen popped in 4 minutes. 
    The only "mistake" he did was not committing to slug or pick up the obsession DS. But if those seconds can make you lose as killer while as survivor u can chill and jerk around it just confirms how unbalanced it is.

Now what?

So what? We know that the game is not balanced.
    Even the devs acknowledged this after the depip squad experiment.

Of course nothing has changed, BHVR is still working on secondary objectives (I hope) and no changes have been made to the gen mechanic

• DwightsLifeMatters
    Master said:

Because so many said in the last post that the reason tru3 got genrushed was he played
    1. Doc 
    2. Did mistakes (aka didn't left the injured survivor to go for a healthy who was working on a gen next to him)

The only "mistake" he did was not committing to slug or pick up the obsession DS. But if those seconds can make you lose as killer while as survivor u can chill and jerk around it just confirms how unbalanced it is.

Now what?

Of course nothing has changed, BHVR is still working on secondary objectives (I hope) and no changes have been made to the gen mechanic

Just wanted to shut down the arguments about the other genrush post cuz they said this only happens if you play a killer like doc and "ignore an injured survivor to apply gen pressure"

Also, WE know DbD is unbalanced but there are many many many people who think otherwise. Just read what people say in this post and you will shake your head till you lose it.
  • Tsulan
    Tsulan said:
    Thaznar said:

a) clueless
    b) lazy

So stupid. Whenever you show those crap people come with argument "but not everyone plays like this"
    Yet they don't understand that it doesn't matter if 1% or 99% play like this. Balancing doesn't work around how players usually play.
    What's your opinion about the match @Tsulan? Did you noticed any major mistakes made here or not like me?
    He doubted about picking up the obsession. He probably thought about slugging. No big mistake there. 
    He could have let claudette on the floor instead of killing her, trying to lure someone out. But that's risky without deerstalker or nurses calling. Especially since he didn't knew where the hatch was.
    He chose the save 2k instead of risking getting only a 1k.

Nurse doesn't need addons or perks as much as other killers. So there wouldn't have been much of a difference anyway. 
    If survivors want to gen rush, there is no stopping them. No killer can chase 4 people at the same time. 
  • vampire_toothy
    vampire_toothy Member Posts: 381

@powerbats said:
    Oh good grief, the amount of whiny trolling here is unbelievable, you'll cherry pick only the videos that backup your argument.

It's become obvious you're Tru fanboys now and anytime he struggles it's because killers are grossly underpowered. It's never the killer making mistakes or the survivors just played better and you ignore every video where he stomps people.

But then it's always the excuse of well the survivor were potatoes, not that the killer gasp just played better I mean because admitting that would admit your argument was bad.

I'll acknowledge the killer in the video did poorly and missed a bunch of blinks, though I guess I forgot to bring it up in my first post (oops). Tru3 is definitely not a prime example of an excellent killer by any means, there are better people who can be used for these examples. I still do think that objectives are something that should be changed to be more satisfying for both sides however.

@SenzuDuck said:

Yea, did you read what he said? Why wouldn't I be bothered about being called that

"Can you please stop hunting posts who are showing how busted survivors can be? U r a survivor main, you are supposed to hide and keep quite."

He's saying I shouldn't have an opinion on things because I'm a "survivor main" but apparently your issue is with me OMEGALUL

Too many 4Heads to comprehend.

Personally I haven't seen the other person's post as much, I only called you and vietfox out as I've seen both of you being more problematic in these posts from my experience as I've often held back from responding to posts on the forums. But hey, want to be toxic in these posts instead of being productive you can be my guest, I'm just pointing out you shouldn't care about being given some phony "killer" or "survivor" main title because it means nothing and is only a roadblock to real discussion.

• DwightsLifeMatters
    ScottJund said:

ScottJund said:

Why do people keep posting tru3, specifically for these examples?

Cuz he verses those survivors and has no issue to upload that on YouTube. I don't watch your streams but I follow your YouTube channel. But all I see from your YouTube channel is how you stomp potatoe survivors. It's not about the person tru3, it's about the gameplay. If you or someone else had same content I would have linked that aswell here.

Also a response to your tru3 fanboy nonsense @powerbats

ScottJund said:

Sigh okay let's do this yet again.

0:28: bad blink, swung nowhere near the survivor.

0:34: bad blink, but survivor screws up

1:12: eats the decisive instead of slugging

1:40-2:00: wastes time checking absolutely no area of the map, instead blinking back and forth around the hooked guy

2:05: wastes time kicking a generator with less than 5% progress, while the person gets unhooked

2:25: bad blink

3:22: tries to tunnel the dude off the hook, giving him BT.

3:28: picks up the guy he just tunneled instead of going for the Claudette literally 10 meters away

4:00: bad blink

Then the gates get opened.

Looks like again, like he just made several mistakes and didn't pressure the map whatsoever. I don't know why people keep using tru3 as an example here. His Nurse isn't even that amazing. You throw a better Nurse at this scenario and I guarantee they do better. Would they 4k? I don't know, maybe, maybe not. The gens would have lasted way longer though.

I understand getting like Haddonfield or Lery's, or a giant map, but Ironworks is a great map for Nurse too. He could have done better.

He literally never even left like 25% of the map the entire game. He just stayed in one corner and then doesn't understand how the generators not in that corner of the map got finished???

• Wow, ONE bad blink. Equivalent like a pallet stun or loop I guess.

• So it doesn't matter. Why you bring this up?

• Slugging to go for who? Searching someone? Slugging without seeing anyone around can isn't always a good decision. Worst case: Survivors hide, DS guy gets picked up and he won nothing.

1:40-2:00: wastes time checking absolutely no area of the map, instead blinking back and forth around the hooked guy

• what do you mean wasting time checking no area? He checked 3 gens around the hook, he was trying to go for a solid 3 gen strat I assume. And even if he had blinked to a gen further away, didn't you see that another gen popped?  Would have been for nothing.

2:05: wastes time kicking a generator with less than 5% progress, while the person gets unhooked

• what do you mean? Not kicking and starring at the hooked guy is the better solution? Don't Really get the complain combined with "while unhooked"

• Wow, TWO bad blinks. Equivalent to 2 pallet stuns or window loop. Not worth to mention. 

• He got downed quick, why you mention this as a mistake? It payed off

3:28: picks up the guy he just tunneled instead of going for the Claudette literally 10 meters away.

• I agree, but to be fair that claudette could be gone and hard to find against because of BT. WIthout BT it would be easy to slug and chase claudette. Also one gen left. The risk of adrenaline (and he had adrenalin if I remember correctly) would have nullified the slugging anyway.

• So 3 bad blinks in total, right? How many pallets do you eat as a normal Kilker? How long does a chase usually take against good loppers? He was still downing them quick. Imagine this match with another killer than Nurse. It would be impossible -> gen speed unbalanced.

You are really nitpicking.

Yes, the entire point is nitpicking. The argument people are making is basically "This person played perfectly with the best killer in the game and still couldn't stop the gen rush!" when in reality he played nowhere near perfectly and would have held the generators off far longer if he played better. Thus, in this scenario, gen rushing is a symptom of playing bad and ignoring literally 75% of the map.

There are obvious exceptions when there is just nothing you can do. His Doctor game is a good example. Its pretty unlikely anybody would win in that situation, even though he made numerous mistakes.

You don't really have as much of an excuse with Nurse, on a great Nurse map to boot.

Also the only reason the guy with BT was "downed fast" is because he gave up because he was thinking "Oh good I'm being tunneled by a [BAD WORD] Nurse funnnnnn"

Did I claim that this was perfect nurse gameplay? Unless you don't bring up this argument against me you are attacking a straw man.
    Furthermore, you know better than me that you have to read the survivor during a chase. You can't guess every movement and every juke perfectly in every single match. 
    Meanwhile if you go with your logic: The strongest killer in the game has to play absolutely perfectly to stand a chance to win against survivors who are just optimal with gens (aka holding M1) and do stupid mistakes?
    So how would it be if the survivors don't do mistakes and you play nurse perfectly? A lose again or not. And keep in mind that any other killer is weaker than Nurse.
  • DwightsLifeMatters
    Sinner said:

truetalent says the stupidest ######### ever, I watch him all the time when I need a laugh. He does have a deceitful way of talking to make you think what he is saying is actually tru3, but it isn't. Don't listen to him, think for yourselves.

Bring actual examples. Otherwise you are just talking
  • ScottJund
    ScottJund Member Posts: 1,115
    ScottJund said:

ScottJund said:

Cuz he verses those survivors and has no issue to upload that on YouTube. I don't watch your streams but I follow your YouTube channel. But all I see from your YouTube channel is how you stomp potatoe survivors. It's not about the person tru3, it's about the gameplay. If you or someone else had same content I would have linked that aswell here.

ScottJund said:

3:28: picks up the guy he just tunneled instead of going for the Claudette literally 10 meters away

Looks like again, like he just made several mistakes and didn't pressure the map whatsoever. I don't know why people keep using tru3 as an example here. His Nurse isn't even that amazing. You throw a better Nurse at this scenario and I guarantee they do better. Would they 4k? I don't know, maybe, maybe not. The gens would have lasted way longer though.

I understand getting like Haddonfield or Lery's, or a giant map, but Ironworks is a great map for Nurse too. He could have done better.

He literally never even left like 25% of the map the entire game. He just stayed in one corner and then doesn't understand how the generators not in that corner of the map got finished???

• Wow, ONE bad blink. Equivalent like a pallet stun or loop I guess.

• So it doesn't matter. Why you bring this up?

• Slugging to go for who? Searching someone? Slugging without seeing anyone around can isn't always a good decision. Worst case: Survivors hide, DS guy gets picked up and he won nothing.

• what do you mean wasting time checking no area? He checked 3 gens around the hook, he was trying to go for a solid 3 gen strat I assume. And even if he had blinked to a gen further away, didn't you see that another gen popped?  Would have been for nothing.

• what do you mean? Not kicking and starring at the hooked guy is the better solution? Don't Really get the complain combined with "while unhooked"

• Wow, TWO bad blinks. Equivalent to 2 pallet stuns or window loop. Not worth to mention. 

• He got downed quick, why you mention this as a mistake? It payed off

3:28: picks up the guy he just tunneled instead of going for the Claudette literally 10 meters away.

• I agree, but to be fair that claudette could be gone and hard to find against because of BT. WIthout BT it would be easy to slug and chase claudette. Also one gen left. The risk of adrenaline (and he had adrenalin if I remember correctly) would have nullified the slugging anyway.

• So 3 bad blinks in total, right? How many pallets do you eat as a normal Kilker? How long does a chase usually take against good loppers? He was still downing them quick. Imagine this match with another killer than Nurse. It would be impossible -> gen speed unbalanced.

You are really nitpicking.

Yes, the entire point is nitpicking. The argument people are making is basically "This person played perfectly with the best killer in the game and still couldn't stop the gen rush!" when in reality he played nowhere near perfectly and would have held the generators off far longer if he played better. Thus, in this scenario, gen rushing is a symptom of playing bad and ignoring literally 75% of the map.

There are obvious exceptions when there is just nothing you can do. His Doctor game is a good example. Its pretty unlikely anybody would win in that situation, even though he made numerous mistakes.

You don't really have as much of an excuse with Nurse, on a great Nurse map to boot.

Also the only reason the guy with BT was "downed fast" is because he gave up because he was thinking "Oh good I'm being tunneled by a [BAD WORD] Nurse funnnnnn"

Did I claim that this was perfect nurse gameplay? Unless you don't bring up this argument against me you are attacking a straw man.
    Furthermore, you know better than me that you have to read the survivor during a chase. You can't guess every movement and every juke perfectly in every single match. 
    Meanwhile if you go with your logic: The strongest killer in the game has to play absolutely perfectly to stand a chance to win against survivors who are just optimal with gens (aka holding M1) and do stupid mistakes?
    So how would it be if the survivors don't do mistakes and you play nurse perfectly? A lose again or not. And keep in mind that any other killer is weaker than Nurse.
    He doesn't have to play perfectly, but he also shouldn't compain all the gens get done when he literally never leaves that tiny section of the map.
  • DwightsLifeMatters
    ScottJund said:

ScottJund said:

He also doesn't even upload half of his matches that make him look bad. I watched him two days ago hook one guy with Nurse on farm the entire game, all while calling the survivors "terrible." He was downright rude to people playing better than him.

I cant argue against that cuz I don't watch his streams either so you can be right about that. But at least he shows some matches where he gets stomped. 
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

Master said:

1. Doc 

Now what?

Just wanted to shut down the arguments about the other genrush post cuz they said this only happens if you play a killer like doc and "ignore an injured survivor to apply gen pressure"

Also, WE know DbD is unbalanced but there are many many many people who think otherwise. Just read what people say in this post and you will shake your head till you lose it.

Just give it up.
    People will just tell you to git gud, its a lost case.

Something really needs to happen (enough killers taking a break e.g.) until we see change stuff.

Personally Im so sick doing this gamble, one game I 4k with ease without a single gen done, next game I get completely genrushed. Same on survivor side, one game 5 min ez win, the other game my survivors literally just came home from the kindergarden.

Ive decided to take a break from DBD, I will watch and observe what BHVR will do...

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823

@powerbats said:
    Oh good grief, the amount of whiny trolling here is unbelievable, you'll cherry pick only the videos that backup your argument.

It's become obvious you're Tru fanboys now and anytime he struggles it's because killers are grossly underpowered. It's never the killer making mistakes or the survivors just played better and you ignore every video where he stomps people.

But then it's always the excuse of well the survivor were potatoes, not that the killer gasp just played better I mean because admitting that would admit your argument was bad.

I'll acknowledge the killer in the video did poorly and missed a bunch of blinks, though I guess I forgot to bring it up in my first post (oops). Tru3 is definitely not a prime example of an excellent killer by any means, there are better people who can be used for these examples. I still do think that objectives are something that should be changed to be more satisfying for both sides however.

@SenzuDuck said:

Yea, did you read what he said? Why wouldn't I be bothered about being called that

"Can you please stop hunting posts who are showing how busted survivors can be? U r a survivor main, you are supposed to hide and keep quite."

He's saying I shouldn't have an opinion on things because I'm a "survivor main" but apparently your issue is with me OMEGALUL

Too many 4Heads to comprehend.

Personally I haven't seen the other person's post as much, I only called you and vietfox out as I've seen both of you being more problematic in these posts from my experience as I've often held back from responding to posts on the forums. But hey, want to be toxic in these posts instead of being productive you can be my guest

Now having a different opinion is toxic despite the fact that i explained why i had that opinion, cool. No wonder why DbD community is full of crybabies.
    Please @me next time, i wanna make sure i don't miss any chance of laughing.
  • vampire_toothy

@Vietfox said:
    Now having a different opinion is toxic despite the fact that i explained why i had that opinion, cool. No wonder why DbD community is full of crybabies.
    Please @me next time, i wanna make sure i don't miss any chance of laughing.

I'm all for people having their own opinions, I never called you toxic for having one, I'm calling senzu toxic for resorting to insults which by definition is toxic behavior. Personally I just want a more open discussion but hey, let's just ignore what my previous post said such as how I thought your opinion on the game was wrong and provided a reason why. You can take the time to acknowledge why you believe nurse needs a nerf before objectives need to be changed instead of rambling on your pointless talk. But hey, I guess we're both getting a laugh out of this, aren't we? I'm asking you to be objective and to step aside until you can think objectively, if you can make an actually valid point on this post instead of dodging the points I've made I'll shut up right now on this post. Better yet, instead of cluttering this post with our own argument I'll even invite you and senzu to discuss this elsewhere so that the main topic of this post can continue to be discussed.

• DwightsLifeMatters
    Vietfox said:
    Jack11803 said:

tt_ivi_99 said:
    To all of you people who are saying: He's playing with no perks!

Barbacue doesnt serve a purposse no more because of how many counters It has, Ruin is destroyed at the first 15 seconds of the match. The other 2 perks he would run dont really matter because almost no perks work well with Nurse since she doenst need them.

That means that even if he had perks he would be playing without them.

Meanwhile we have survivors playing with Dead Hard, DS, etc, which cant be destroyed at the first 15 seconds and have counters that take a lot of time for the killer.

And also, survivors were playing without toolboxes... It would be kind of Ok if they all had a toolbox or Leader but honestly... 4 mins gens without toolboxes is pretty damn broken.

Gen Rush is real and needs a fix.

Sloppy butcher. Nurses calling. NOED. Blood warden.

You’re just uninspired

Sloppy: optimal survivors don't selfcare against sloppy, they keep pumping gens  they had adrenalin aswell so no point.
    Thank you, that's what i do, even if they are not running sloppy ^^
    But not healing has the drawback of being instadowned again, so it's fine.
    Yep I completely took out selfcare of my usual survivor builds. I just keep Genrushing and adrenalin will fix it. And if I get chased/tunneled even better. Countless rage quits after adrenalin kicks in and they can't catch me.
  • powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@vampire_toothy said:

At least you're not too blinded by biases to see that and yes changes do need to be made to satisfy both sides not one like some on here want to do. The new secondary objectives will go a long way towards that.

@SenzuDuck said:

Personally I haven't seen the other person's post as much, I only called you and vietfox out as I've seen both of you being more problematic in these posts from my experience as I've often held back from responding to posts on the forums. But hey, want to be toxic in these posts instead of being productive you can be my guest, I'm just pointing out you shouldn't care about being given some phony "killer" or "survivor" main title because it means nothing and is only a roadblock to real discussion.

Well if you look further back they're responding to the same core group with an agenda usually as evidenced by these ridiculous videos. They do sometimes bring it over to randoms who don't know any better and see the trolls agreeing with them or get baited into stuff.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    Nickenzie said:
    Jack11803 said:

You sit on a throne of lies! We were complaining about him using no perks or add ons. AND HE STILL ISNT! STOP WITH THESE DAMN POSTS!

Like I said before, Nurse will have to play out of her mind to have a chance against this here.
    The thing is, everyone agrees that a perkless nurse is till S tier and probably still better than any killer with perks and addons. So what chance do have other killers even with perks and addons? 
    I think the developers need to rework the entire survivor objective system before they buff killers because doing this out of order could cause killers to be overwhelming. Once this happens, let's see how killers do from there and if they are still lacking behind, we can make small changes at a time.
  • Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

@Jack11803 said:

No perks or addons bar extreme outliers like ultra rares would have made any difference almost whatsoever there.

• yeet
    yeet Member Posts: 1,832

really funny to see survivors trying to cope with the fact that survivor is still overpowered and they're just bad

• Cardgrey
    Cardgrey Member Posts: 1,454

@Jack11803 said:

@tt_ivi_99 said:
    To all of you people who are saying: He's playing with no perks!

Barbacue doesnt serve a purposse no more because of how many counters It has, Ruin is destroyed at the first 15 seconds of the match. The other 2 perks he would run dont really matter because almost no perks work well with Nurse since she doenst need them.

That means that even if he had perks he would be playing without them.

Meanwhile we have survivors playing with Dead Hard, DS, etc, which cant be destroyed at the first 15 seconds and have counters that take a lot of time for the killer.

And also, survivors were playing without toolboxes... It would be kind of Ok if they all had a toolbox or Leader but honestly... 4 mins gens without toolboxes is pretty damn broken.

Gen Rush is real and needs a fix.

Sloppy butcher. Nurses calling. NOED. Blood warden.

You’re just uninspired

I use discordance whispers pgtw and make your choice or haunted ground

• vampire_toothy

@Blueberry said:

@Jack11803 said:

No perks or addons bar extreme outliers like ultra rares would have made any difference almost whatsoever there.

Actually, while I can agree on the fact that the current objective in the game is flawed there are some perks that could've helped out his case other than being better at nurse.
    1 : MYC would've allowed for faster downs and really allow him to snowball.
    2 : Discordance can be used to track where multiple survivors are at if they do the same generator.
    3 : PGTW could've been used to take a huge chunk of generator progress away from the generators which can be combined with MYC and even BBQ to get some real snowballing going on.
    4 : Well, ruin sucks but that's also an option.
    5 : Sloppy butcher can slow down healing, if you pair this up with either thanatophobia to further increase heal times or with nurses you can take advantage of long heal times especially as the nurse.
    6 : New surveillance isn't half bad if you kick gens a lot.
    7 : Deerstalker can allow you to slug survivors which slugging is a very powerful strategy if you do it right
    Addons such as omega blinks can better provide map pressure as nurse, even on the wraith you can run things like speed and all seeing addons too. The truth is that a lot of the perks and addons in the game can greatly improve and even change the quality of your games, the issue is that neither side should need perks for a more enjoyable, less stressful game.

@powerbats said:
    At least you're not too blinded by biases to see that and yes changes do need to be made to satisfy both sides not one like some on here want to do. The new secondary objectives will go a long way towards that.

Well if you look further back they're responding to the same core group with an agenda usually as evidenced by these ridiculous videos. They do sometimes bring it over to randoms who don't know any better and see the trolls agreeing with them or get baited into stuff.

I'll try to take more of a look when I get a chance, I don't really look at the forums all that much so it's pretty easy to miss most of the drama that goes on here.

• weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144
    edited January 2019

Tru3 got outplayed in this match, but it's not like that's very hard to do if you are a coordinated team.

If he had some perks he would have had some better luck. At the same time, the Survivors could have played better to. Both sides were pretty potato in this match. People saying if Tru3 played better he coulda got the 4k, but the effort needed to do that is much higher than the effort needed for Survivors to get a 4 escape. If the Survivors played better, the opposite would have happened. Killer success is solely dependent on Survivor mistakes.

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873
    edited January 2019

@ScottJund said:

ScottJund said:

He also doesn't even upload half of his matches that make him look bad. I watched him two days ago hook one guy with Nurse on farm the entire game, all while calling the survivors "terrible." He was downright rude to people playing better than him.

Yes finally someone else that notices that Tru3 messed up a ton that game. Also you're right with his Nurse not being that good. He's far too reliant on addons with her to play her base well. @ScottJund, do you play Nurse without Ruin at rank 1? Because when I did, I pretty much had that thrown at me every single game. If Tru3 slugged the DS user, slugged that tunneled Ace and got the Claudette, he could have bounced back from that. Effortlessly.

I think he knows it too, he's just got too big of an ego to admit it .-.

Oh btw I now agree that Huntress is way better than most killers. It turned out, I just sucked with her but I've improved. I've only got to git gud with spirit now,

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

@weirdkid5 said:
    Tru3 got outplayed in this match, but it's not like that's very hard to do if you are a coordinated team.

If he had some perks he would have had some better luck. At the same time, the Survivors could have played better to. Both sides were pretty potato in this match. People saying if Tru3 played better he coulda got the 4k, but the effort needed to do that is much higher than the effort needed for Survivors to get a 4 escape. If the Survivors played better, the opposite would have happened. Killer success is solely dependent on Survivor mistakes.

Nurse's success is based on her skill. Tru3, was not playing as skilled as top tier Nurse's would have.

• weirdkid5

@Poweas said:

@weirdkid5 said:

Nurse's success is based on her skill. Tru3, was not playing as skilled as top tier Nurse's would have.

Nurses success also still depends on Survivors making mistakes, Nurse just has the ability to force mistakes, which other Killers do not. Smart Survivors can still dominate even a good Nurse. The only time Nurse becomes borderline unstoppable (at least to me) is if she has 4 or more blinks. I've personally never had issues with good Nurses, but someone's gonna say anecdotal evidence don't matter.

• CronaWins
    CronaWins Member Posts: 650

What it's like to vs Australian survivors everyday WITH perks. Ruin? Sit on gen. Injured? Sit on gen. In heartbeat? Sit on gen.

We don't even bother running self-care because you're wasting gen time healing.

This is what it is like to vs GOOD survivors, instead of the trash that he gets in his lobbies the majority of the time.

• Theluckyboi
    Theluckyboi Member Posts: 1,113
    • Doesnt apply map pressure or care about gens getting done *

tru3: WhY diD i GeT gEnrUsHed?

• Tsulan
    PiiFree said:

I'm just sitting here wondering why the powerrole Killer has to be played rather flawlessly to achieve something while it's enough for Survivors to just sit at gens and hit space once in a while to win the match?

I like playing Killer, I like the pressure and the unforgiving gameplay but I must say; if 2 bad blinks and one "not-so-optimal" decision are enough to throw the match, that's way too harsh. Imagine if that was any other Killer besides Nurse? Most likely would've ended up in a 4x escape.

I said it already in another thread: If Survivors can hit great skill checks and priorize gens, they will make most killer depip. There's not much left that you have to learn as Survivor when you know how to use a keyboard & mouse or controller.

Not to mention that those Survivors didn't even play good and still people think that only a truly high skilled Nurse should be able to beat them? That's ridiculous.

Welcome to DbD. 

It has been clear for a long time, that survivors need additional objectives. Devs introduced totems. No one does them, but everyone complains about NOED.

Survivors even complain that killers get more points, while they only do gens and avoid every interaction with the killer or others.

Gens can be completed in a little over 3 minutes. Killer can barely kill 1 in that time. 
  • Theluckyboi
    Theluckyboi Member Posts: 1,113

but in all honesty, what the frick is happening to tru3? his recent games have been terrible (at least from my perspective), he is very good but complaining about everything and calling the game broken because he couldnt get the kills he wanted is plain stupid

• JammyJewels
    JammyJewels Member Posts: 611
    Anyone else remembering that he suffered because he was willingly doing a challenge? Anyone else remember that he chose to do the challenge? If he was gen rushed by survivors who were using perks and items and all of the tools at their disposal then it is merely a case of Tru3 intentionally restricting himself. With perks Tru3 is incredibly consistent in being seen as a great killer main who doesn’t camp and use other tactics that are deemed as unsportsmanlike. But you can’t look at this and go ”Oh yeah, killers are underpowered with no add-ons/perks!” 

Of course they’re underpowered without add-ons or perks! That’s why perks and add-ons exist. Not only to give variety but to power them up! Of course Tru3 was gen rushed as he didn’t power himself with perks. But again, this was a challenge he willingly handicapped himself to try and beat, like beating Dark Souls at Level 1. He couldn’t beat the challenge... and it’s fine. I know assuredly he’ll do excellent once he returns to normal gameplay. If he is still easily beaten when playing optimally in terms of build, gameplay or etc... then we can have a discussion thread where we can validly say the side he played was underpowered.
  • HawkAyeTheNoo
    HawkAyeTheNoo Member Posts: 731
    Tru3 should go watch a good killer in action like Zubat and he'll learn how to slaughter survivors without the need to camp or tunnel. 
  • weirdkid5

@PiiFree said:
    I'm just sitting here wondering why the powerrole Killer has to be played rather flawlessly to achieve something while it's enough for Survivors to just sit at gens and hit space once in a while to win the match?

I like playing Killer, I like the pressure and the unforgiving gameplay but I must say; if 2 bad blinks and one "not-so-optimal" decision are enough to throw the match, that's way too harsh. Imagine if that was any other Killer besides Nurse? Most likely would've ended up in a 4x escape.

I said it already in another thread: If Survivors can hit great skill checks and priorize gens, they will make most killer depip. There's not much left that you have to learn as Survivor when you know how to use a keyboard & mouse or controller.

Not to mention that those Survivors didn't even play good and still people think that only a truly high skilled Nurse should be able to beat them? That's ridiculous.

Can I send you a cookie?

• Freudentrauma
    Freudentrauma Member Posts: 1,053

@PiiFree said:

That's the issue with asymmetrical games. Even though the game is 1vs4 people expect the game to feel fair for both sides in a 1on1 scenario (chase). Otherwise people would feel the game to be unfair or not fun.
    Additional to that a killer has no natural way to control the entire match, while in a chase. The objective is totally in the hand of the survivors as soon as the killer is chasing, which leads to the "Gen rush" issue.
    The problem with DbD is that Killers can't really run a good strategy when it comes how survivor do objectives, except the three-gen-strat. But this one requires a good perk-addOn-combo, good gen spawns and can actually be very boring for both sides, because it takes very long time for a killer to down people while working on this strat.
    The other option is snowballing/high pressure, which requires short chases(no killer, but many survivor mistakes) to have a perfect match, which is probably why we have this weird mentality in this thread.

• weirdkid5

@Freudentrauma said:

@PiiFree said:

That's the issue with asymmetrical games. Even though the game is 1vs4 people expect the game to feel fair for both sides in a 1on1 scenario (chase). Otherwise people would feel the game to be unfair or not fun.
    Additional to that a killer has no natural way to control the entire match, while in a chase. The objective is totally in the hand of the survivors as soon as the killer is chasing, which leads to the "Gen rush" issue.
    The problem with DbD is that Killers can't really run a good strategy when it comes how survivor do objectives, except the three-gen-strat. But this one requires a good perk-addOn-combo, good gen spawns and can actually be very boring for both sides, because it takes very long time for a killer to down people while working on this strat.
    The other option is snowballing/high pressure, which requires short chases(no killer, but many survivor mistakes) to have a perfect match, which is probably why we have this weird mentality in this thread.

There are still other asymmetrical experiences that manage to be balanced and work well. One of these is Dungeons and Dragons, which is effectively the Dungeon Master vs. the players. I realize D&D is a completely different style of game, but some of the same concepts are in play, namely that both Killers and the DM need to have the ability to accurately predict what the other side wants to do in order to make a compelling experience for both sides.

With this in mind, the Killer needs more ways of actually controlling the map outside of his presence alone. This is pretty much the only way you can balance this kind of game. It's why Hag is a somewhat decent Killer, because her traps are a variable that keeps her presence high while allowing her to make plays based on prediction of Survivor movement.

There should be two main kinds of Killers, Rush Killers and Control Killers. We already have plenty of rush with Nurse, Billy, and Huntress all of whom can keep up with top level Survivors if accurate predictions are made, but the genrush is still an issue even for them. The control, like Doc, Trapper, Pig and the like, need to be able to either delay the Survivors more effectively, or need to have their powers drastically buffed in order to be on the same level as the rush killers.

Or, there needs to be some kind of baseline map control that all Killers are capable of doing, with some being better than others based on how effective they are in the chase. There are a couple ways you could go about this. Evolve on launch had a pretty reasonable balance, at least for the experiences I had. After the DLC characters started getting added the balance went way out of whack. I never played Stage 2.

• Soren
    Soren Member Posts: 369

Well to be honest he was also only pressuring one survivor at a time the whole game so that was about to be expected. 2k with no perk and no addon at high rank is still a victory.

• DwightsLifeMatters
    edited January 2019
    Anyone else remembering that he suffered because he was willingly doing a challenge? Anyone else remember that he chose to do the challenge? If he was gen rushed by survivors who were using perks and items and all of the tools at their disposal then it is merely a case of Tru3 intentionally restricting himself. With perks Tru3 is incredibly consistent in being seen as a great killer main who doesn’t camp and use other tactics that are deemed as unsportsmanlike. But you can’t look at this and go ”Oh yeah, killers are underpowered with no add-ons/perks!” 

Of course they’re underpowered without add-ons or perks! That’s why perks and add-ons exist. Not only to give variety but to power them up! Of course Tru3 was gen rushed as he didn’t power himself with perks. But again, this was a challenge he willingly handicapped himself to try and beat, like beating Dark Souls at Level 1. He couldn’t beat the challenge... and it’s fine. I know assuredly he’ll do excellent once he returns to normal gameplay. If he is still easily beaten when playing optimally in terms of build, gameplay or etc... then we can have a discussion thread where we can validly say the side he played was underpowered.
    You are missing one point: Marth88's depip squad was perkless and addonless aswell. The difference: they didn't call it challenge cuz it was still ez to stomp nearly every killer.
    These two sides just confirm how unbalanced it is. Period.
    Post edited by DwightsLifeMatters on
  • Bravescorpio
    Bravescorpio Member Posts: 152

@HawkAyeTheNoo said:
    Tru3 should go watch a good killer in action like Zubat and he'll learn how to slaughter survivors without the need to camp or tunnel. 

Tru might not be the best killer, but he is a good one. And the fact you think he camps means you have no idea what the term means. Tru only "camps" a hook if he sees a survivor go in for a save, he will then stay in the area to find said survivor, that isn't camping. Tru never stays by a hook for no reason unless the exit gates are opened, in which case securing a kill is the best option.

Tru also doesn't tunnel unless he is hunting a survivor and the injured one runs in front of his field of vision, in which case he goes for the easier down, he would be stupid not to. That's not tunneling, also he will frequently return to a hook to see both the injured survivor and a healthy one and specifically go for the healthy one to be fair.

If anything Tru's biggest downfall is that he plays too fairly to survivors for his own good, making it harder for himself.

• Tsulan

Tsulan said:
    Tsulan said:
    Thaznar said:

a) clueless
    b) lazy

He doubted about picking up the obsession. He probably thought about slugging. No big mistake there. 
    He could have let claudette on the floor instead of killing her, trying to lure someone out. But that's risky without deerstalker or nurses calling. Especially since he didn't knew where the hatch was.

Nurse doesn't need addons or perks as much as other killers. So there wouldn't have been much of a difference anyway. 
    If survivors want to gen rush, there is no stopping them. No killer can chase 4 people at the same time. 
    You are missing one point: Marth88's depip squad was perkless and addonless aswell. The difference: they didn't call it challenge cuz it was still ez to stomp nearly every killer.
    Not missing anything. I know that it's easy to reach rank 1 survivor without perks.
  • DwightsLifeMatters
    edited January 2019
    Tsulan said:

Tsulan said:
    Tsulan said:
    Thaznar said:

a) clueless
    b) lazy

Not missing anything. I know that it's easy to reach rank 1 survivor without perks.
    Something got messed up with quoting. I wasn't quoting you but someone else. Sorry for the confusion. I edited it so it should be correct now. Take a look so you know to what I was referring