The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Nemesis needs to be able to actively evolve zombies.

We can actively make zombies stronger by consuming enough Mutation Rate.

For example, greatly increase the movement speed and detection range, or greatly increase the attack range.

Hold for 60 seconds.

During this process, Nemesis cannot effectively improve its own Mutation Rate.

Recreate Nemesis' active use of parasites to fortify zombies.

Comments

• Letholldus
    Letholldus Member Posts: 49

The way I'd do this would be by consuming a level of his mutation to implant a parasite on a zombie, making it more dangerous. He then has to rebuild his mutation by whipping more survivors. Whipping a zombie he has implanted with a parasite would give double the normal mutation points of a normal zombie in case he decides it's not being useful or needs to tier back up faster.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,059

At least make them get unstuck themselves and have otherwise smarter pathing as you level up. At lvl 1, they'd be wandering around aimlessly, but at lvl 3 they'd generally be going in the direction where survivors are til they find them. And that's not OP since you have to use add-ons just to level up in a reasonable amount of time, and will help most when the killer is winning anyway.

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

I think I would disagree here. A fair amount of people already find the zombies annoying.

I would love for BHVR to fix their bugs, but that's about it honestly. Zombies are pretty RNG based, so I don't think it's smart to shift more power towards them.

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623

I have a better idea. Delete the Zombies entirely and focus on Nemesis' T-Virus. Make it actually threatening and not just a blue pain job

• CrimsonMothKing
    CrimsonMothKing Member Posts: 413

I would like this too. His entire kit is generic anti-loop because of the ai in his kit, which sucks.

• ThatOneDemoPlayer

Maybe give the T-Virus side effects based on how long a Survivor has been infected.

Skill-Checks become harder and the Great Skill-Check Zone becomes smaller and smaller until it is fully gone. Maybe once 45 seconds pass, the Survivor becomes Oblivious and has the Blindness Status Effect to imitate the actual side effects of the T-Virus, that being necrosis of the brain

• CrimsonMothKing

They could get creative with how the infection effects survivors and how Nemesis 'Evolves' as well, like if a survivor fails a skill check whilst healing they 'bite' the survivor they are healing and infect them, and Nemesis could then get more passive effects like movement speed after breaking pallets with his tentacle or gain a Rush ability.

His kit is nerfed due to the presence of the AI zombies that neither he nor the survivors can interact with in any meaningful way.

I had an idea that survivors could sneak up behind a zombie and grab them, do a few skill checks and kill the zombies, failing skill checks causes infection and then damage on the survivor when they are infected. And to encourage this, when there are no more vaccines left, survivors can extract a vaccine from the zombies there are attempting to kill.

I think Nemesis is a massive waste of potential and all he was given was a weaker version of Pyramid Head's kit.

• ThatOneDemoPlayer

Those are pretty interesting ideas, especially the 'bite' one, though I feel like that'd be a bit too punishing, especially with the harder Skill-Check.

If you were to remove the Zombies, yu could have infinite Cure Samples spawn in Supply Cases, but you could also spawn Cure Synthesizers on the map that require the Cure Sample to create the Cure, which would make Survivors waste more time

If you were interested, I've remade the whole Resident Evil Chapter, reworking both the current aspects of it, like Nemesis and the Survivor Perks, aswell as introducing my own spin on it.

• CrimsonMothKing

You definitely have some interesting ideas there. I like your ideas to change Nemesis' perks, Lethal Pursuer change is something that I would enjoy as it fits thematically but could be really unfair for the obsession. The Hysteria change would be perfect, but I think there should be a prerequisite before 'all' survivors become oblivious just because someone got hit, maybe they had to have been injured by you before and then the hysteria kicks in. Eruption I believe is fine as is.

For the Nemesis Changes, making him 110% would be a bad nerf, his movement speed is fine. As much as I want more range on his Tentacle Strike, 10 meters is a bit much even if you slowed him down. The Rush ability I always believed should've been a thing he had. And the Rocket Launcher, as fun as it would be, it would be broken as #########.

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    edited April 2022

Who cares about balance? I just want to blow Survivors up