Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.

The Wraith...

Options
ChilleBean
ChilleBean Member Posts: 22
edited April 2022 in Ask the Community

The Wraith is the one Killer I genuinely despise to face up against. I feel like his ability is awfully powerful and simple to learn, Wraith's almost always win. I have played Wraith once in an attempt to understand him and sacrificed all four Survivors with two generators completed... One thing that confuses me is how powerful he feels, yet he almost never exceeds C Tier.

Is this just a personal skill issue orrrr...?

[Edit: Thank you to the person who helped me understand how matchmaking works, the part where I talked about playing The Wraith for the first time is not reliable to prove his strength.]

Post edited by ChilleBean on

Best Answer

• Mazoobi
    Mazoobi Member Posts: 1,506
    Answer ✓
    Options

I personally don't like him only because wraith games are generally boring.

I'd rather go against the other stealth killers because there's at least more spice in their matches.

I don't think Wraith is powerful at all. Just very... plain.

Answers

• Mewishis
    Mewishis Member Posts: 305
    Options

Saying he is overpowered after playing 1 game with him? This isn't old matchmaking, the more wins you play with certain killers the stronger the survivors you face, or at least that's how it's supposed to be, but sometimes it can be like someone throwing darts at a dartboard with strong survivors playing against new killers.

You played one game with wraith and got a 4k, which will and can happen on all the killers, depending on the people you are facing, but since this is your first time playing as wraith you are going to face new survivors unless your main killer is super high. (Not exactly sure how it is for newer players when they are starting out.) Wraith is c-tier because you aren't facing the survivors that know how to play against him yet.

• ChilleBean
    Options

Thank you so much for commenting, I didn't understand how matchmaking entirely worked. Should I try to keep playing him to get a REAL understanding?

• ChilleBean
    Options

Yeah, I understand that. On a personal opinion, he doesn't feel entirely like a stealth killer, rather one that can just hide their terror radius (if that makes any sense). Thanks for commenting!

• Mewishis
    Mewishis Member Posts: 305
    edited April 2022
    Options

If you really do want to, but if I'm being completely honest when you are first starting out I am not exactly sure when you start playing against the people who have been playing against wraith for years. To be honest lol, I don't even know if I would be good against wraith because it's been literal months since I have played against him. (Off-topic, but for me personally, if it's a killer I haven't faced in a while chances are I'm going to be bad against them, just this week I got absolutely beat up by a Demogorgon a killer I very very rarely face I just didn't expect the tricks they pulled lol. Tbh I think that's kind of why when you pull out killers that aren't played often you can pull off some ridiculous matches where you absolutely beat up the survivors because survivors are so used to playing against the more popular killers.)

• ChilleBean
    Options

Ohh, I understand now, thank you. Yeah, I play Twins and as a Survivor I get obliterated by them BECAUSE they're so rare. 😂 Thank you for your help, it was nice talking to you.

• puppersghost
    puppersghost Member Posts: 3
    Options

It’s personal skill. He is challenging to use against strong teams. He has builds that work well for me.

Don’t hate on my bing bong mans!

• ChilleBean
    Options

Yeah, I guess I just have to get better going up against him, I apologize for hating on your bing bong mans. 🙏

• hatchetChugger
    hatchetChugger Member Posts: 441
    Options

He is quite strong against lesser-seasoned survivors. Only very rarely is he effective at high ranks. Wraith excels in the hit-and-run playstyle. But as more and more survivors have been bringing CoH, he is very underwhelming.