Remove the pointing gesture!!

I can't count the number of games that I've been killed or a dumb teammate loses us the game because they think it's cute to point out my position to the killer.

Comments

• slipttees
    slipttees Member Posts: 846

Add more 2 gestures. left (Positive) rigth (negative)

• PolarBear
    PolarBear Member Posts: 1,899

I believe you can report someone if they intentionally reveal your location to the killer.

• HURRI_KAIN
    HURRI_KAIN Member Posts: 358

Report for helping the killer. I actually had this happen a few days ago.
    Killer Michael - Had Dying light on me.
    I did 3 of the 4 generators that were completed.
    I healed and had a couple saves, while staying hidden from killer (because of Dying light debuff on me)
    Then down to two people, I tried to get the last gen and the other last survivor found me started helping as well. Michael came to the basement, I got in a locker, the other survivor just stood there, got hit by Michael, then Pointed to me, and Michael hit him again (foolish move on killer's part, he should've checked the locker) I ran and escaped.
    Michael slugged him and he proceeded to crawl after me leading the killer. I let him bleed to death, found hatch and escaped. Then he actually messaged me saying I didn't do anything all game! LOL.

I told him, you point out your teammates, you bleed out. That's how you solve that problem.

However ^^ I would like to see another action, say head nodding while pointing to indicate yes or no. It's hard to tell sometimes if someone is saying "go this way" or "don't go this way" or "killer is, or isn't this way".

• fluffybunny
    fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161

Report for helping the killer. I actually had this happen a few days ago.
    Killer Michael - Had Dying light on me.
    I did 3 of the 4 generators that were completed.
    I healed and had a couple saves, while staying hidden from killer (because of Dying light debuff on me)
    Then down to two people, I tried to get the last gen and the other last survivor found me started helping as well. Michael came to the basement, I got in a locker, the other survivor just stood there, got hit by Michael, then Pointed to me, and Michael hit him again (foolish move on killer's part, he should've checked the locker) I ran and escaped.
    Michael slugged him and he proceeded to crawl after me leading the killer. I let him bleed to death, found hatch and escaped. Then he actually messaged me saying I didn't do anything all game! LOL.

I told him, you point out your teammates, you bleed out. That's how you solve that problem.

However ^^ I would like to see another action, say head nodding while pointing to indicate yes or no. It's hard to tell sometimes if someone is saying "go this way" or "don't go this way" or "killer is, or isn't this way".

You can actually nod and shake your head already. It's where you face the camera. 
  • Shad03
    Shad03 Member Posts: 3,732

@UgandanKnuckles said:
    I want a middle finger gesture 

Only if it works when you're on the hook.

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

I personally enjoy the finger point gesture. i don't teabag killers i point when i'm trying to get them off their games. I teabag teammates after an unhook or a heal.

• Laveroni
    Laveroni Member Posts: 13
    fcc2014 said:

I personally enjoy the finger point gesture. i don't teabag killers i point when i'm trying to get them off their games. I teabag teammates after an unhook or a heal.  I don't care for tea bagging either, but what I think we do need is more gestures. 

• Laveroni
    Laveroni Member Posts: 13
    fcc2014 said:

I personally enjoy the finger point gesture. i don't teabag killers i point when i'm trying to get them off their games. I teabag teammates after an unhook or a heal.

Sorry I didn't mean to type in your text, it wouldn't let me talk on my comment box :/
  • Taelance
    Taelance Member Posts: 100

@MojoTheFabulous said:
    Remove crouching because people teabag.

???
    Crouching was made for hiding not teabagging. Its like removing the pigs crouch cause that can be used for teabagging. Also if teabagging really bothers you that much then you are easily triggered.

• killthemall
    killthemall Member Posts: 3
    Triggered 
  • JoannaVO
    JoannaVO Member Posts: 750

@PolarBear said:
    I believe you can report someone if they intentionally reveal your location to the killer.

Yes, it falls under griefing. Intentionally giving other players a bad game experience.

• MojoTheFabulous
    MojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 2,015

@Taelance said:

@MojoTheFabulous said:
    Remove crouching because people teabag.

???
    Crouching was made for hiding not teabagging. Its like removing the pigs crouch cause that can be used for teabagging. Also if teabagging really bothers you that much then you are easily triggered.

I'm taking the piss out of the OP by using their logic of "some people use this thing to do something bad, remove it"

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786

How can I tell the crouching Claudette to work on the goddamn gen then?

• Paddy4583
    Paddy4583 Member Posts: 864

I can't count the number of games that I've been crouching around the outside of the map, not touching gens, moving locker to locker while everyone else is killed or a me as the dumb teammate loses us the game because those crows think it's cute to point out my position to the killer.

^^ fixed it 
  • George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270
    edited January 2019
    JoannaVO said:

@PolarBear said:

Yes, it falls under griefing. Intentionally giving other players a bad game experience.

No it doesn't, silly. Pointing out other survivors is a very much intended part of the game, and a very funny one too. I often reward such treachery by giving hatch :) The fact that it makes some survivors salty makes it even more satisfying.
    Sowing discord is my favourite thing to do.

And let's not forget, solo survivors badly need at least some rudimentary means of communication.

I suggest you try to find your sense of humour, and enjoy these moments. Maybe your character dies in the process. So what.
  • JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,360

@JoannaVO said:

@PolarBear said:

Pointing with your finger is griefing? Pointing? I face SWF teams that do this all the time. They are just having fun. I'd bet most killers would go after the pointer rather than the pointee anyway. (If there is such a word as pointee).

• JoannaVO

@JawsIsTheNextKiller said:

@JoannaVO said:

@PolarBear said:

Pointing with your finger is griefing? Pointing? I face SWF teams that do this all the time. They are just having fun. I'd bet most killers would go after the pointer rather than the pointee anyway. (If there is such a word as pointee).

I did not say that pointing is griefing. But using it to give away positions of other teammates to the killer is.

• PolarBear
    PolarBear Member Posts: 1,899

@George_Soros said:
    JoannaVO said:

@PolarBear said:

No it doesn't, silly. Pointing out other survivors is a very much intended part of the game, and a very funny one too. I often reward such treachery by giving hatch :) The fact that it makes some survivors salty makes it even more satisfying.

And let's not forget, solo survivors badly need at least some rudimentary means of communication.

I suggest you try to find your sense of humour, and enjoy these moments. Maybe your character dies in the process. So what.

It is reportable, it is called working with the killer. They are sabotaging the game by doing this.

• JoannaVO

@George_Soros said:
    JoannaVO said:

@PolarBear said:

Great sense. You're trying to say that giving away the position of a survivor (and affect their gameplay negatively by doing this) is okay because pointing is meant to be funny. Pointing itself is completely fine, unless you start acting like a complete fool.

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    @JoannaVO said:

@George_Soros said:
    JoannaVO said:

@PolarBear said:

Great sense. You're trying to say that giving away the position of a survivor (and affect their gameplay negatively by doing this) is okay because pointing is meant to be funny. Pointing itself is completely fine, unless you start acting like a complete fool.

What about pointing at people who were useless during the whole match? Hiding in lockers, urban evading around the whole map making sure everything is okay without touching gens...
  • JoannaVO

@Vietfox said:
    @JoannaVO said:

@George_Soros said:

JoannaVO said:

@PolarBear said:

What about pointing at people who were useless during the whole match? Hiding in lockers, urban evading around the whole map making sure everything is okay without touching gens...

I don't know if that's okay, lol. But doing it to survivors who are actually somewhat useful and trying to hide is a d*ck move.

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    JoannaVO said:

@Vietfox said:
    @JoannaVO said:

@George_Soros said:

JoannaVO said:

@PolarBear said:

I don't know if that's okay, lol. But doing it to survivors who are actually somewhat useful and trying to hide is a d*ck move.

When i play as a survivor i don't mind dying if by doing that the other ones can survive, but i can't stand people who do nothing. I run Bond, i know what they are doing.
    Here 2 moments, jeff was urban evading even when killer was on the other side of the map and claudette always hiding in corners.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MdXBblS_hxM
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GLFmeWQGkGA
  • JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,360

@Vietfox said:

When i play as a survivor i don't mind dying if by doing that the other ones can survive, but i can't stand people who do nothing. I run Bond, i know what they are doing.
    Here 2 moments, jeff was urban evading even when killer was on the other side of the map and claudette always hiding in corners.

Good examples. So here is the real question: Who would actually report @Vietfox for the great crime of pointing with her finger? Does anyone seriously believe it deserves an actual ban? Would it make you cry and tell your mum?

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@Vietfox That Myers was cool and if I as a killer know someones doing nothing all match i'll make sure they die.

Also as a mainly solo survivor pointing is good when you want to let someone know hey I saw killer over there or I'm going to that side you go other way. You can also use it to say gen here or totem right there since perhaps the killer saw you and you want them to get objective while you lead him off.

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314

Remove survivor in-general, then no pointing or t-bagging. PROBLEM SOLVED!

• Oooooof
    Oooooof Member Posts: 109

remove survivors.

• NuclearBurrito2
    NuclearBurrito2 Member Posts: 262

Next time I play survivor I'm going to point at an empty locker mid chase. If they open it and let me get away as a result then I win at life