Help! You are forgetting Apple Macbook M1 users, and we are a lot...

Hi! I have an Apple Mac M1, it's powerful enough to play games. Since I am a huge fan, I tried to get the game to work in any way. 

Tried Parallels, Crossover ... it didn't work obviously because of the difference in architectures. I tried playing 'in the cloud' using Nvidia GeForce Now, and anywhere other than my home internet, it works awful lol. Well, I said, let's give Dead by Daylight Mobile a try. Surprise, the download in the App Store is blocked (it can only be downloaded on iPhone or iPad). Let's not even talk about Android emulators, which seems impossible at this point. 

Really, after trying everything I had already given up, I began to see prices for portable consoles, not so portable consoles and cell phones. However, a friend recommended me to 'sideload' the iPhone-iPad applications on the Macbook, as they share the same architecture. Since it is a controversial process, I won't go into much detail here (unless you ask for it), but the installation worked. I have screenshots and videos if you need it.

I was pleasantly surprised that ALL the game works correctly: 60 fps, graphics at 100%, sound working, no connection problems. The only bad thing is that the controls are designed for touch screen (it is the 'Mobile' version and for iPhone's). 

So I thought, why not use all those optimized maps and models in the 'normal' version and make an optimized port like the one for Nintendo Switch? Quite complicated? Well, why not simply support mouse and keyboard in the Mobile version and enable its OFFICIAL download for Macbooks in the App Store. It would be a total success. 

I'm not going to be a crybaby lmao, but I would like to comment that I feel like a great opportunity to have the game on more platforms is being missed. I hope you can do something about it.

With all my heart, thank you for the video game you have made <3

Comments