The time to complete generators needs to be longer.

RodrigoFlecha
RodrigoFlecha Member Posts: 43
edited December 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

The survivors already have the advantage of being in four players, having several items and still being able to make calls, the time to complete the generator needs to be longer, even when done in a group

Comments

• Vyne456
    Vyne456 Member Posts: 848
    edited December 2021

Why though. the killers literally have the power of like anything that could insta down is like huntress with the shard and trapper using his traps to trap us with a add on that insta downs us.

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623

No

• Irisora
    Irisora Member Posts: 1,442

I would make the game more dymanic and fun but the amount of work it requires by reworking all gen perk its big. But yeah i wish this was on the devs to do list and focus on this, making the game more fun instead of just releasing new chapters and skins.

Who knows maybe for DBD ver 7.0..

• TeabaggingGhostface
    TeabaggingGhostface Member Posts: 3,108

Give the little gremlins a secondary objective before they can start repairing generators

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

I'm skeptical the gen speeds need to be changed much if at all, and I'm saying that as a killer main. Keep in mind that the dev's goal is that most matches have some survivors live and some die, so 1-3 kills should be the usual results. That means if things are working right then the gens get done most of the time if both sides play equally well. And my guess is that's about where the game is now, since if it was significantly off from that goal they'd probably have already slowed the gens down to compensate.

Of course there's no actual public match data to draw on so all these topics are basically just speculation, but if you're expecting the gens to only be done half the time you play then your expectations are a bit off from the actual design goal.

• RenRen
    RenRen Member Posts: 1,443

Yes and no. I do agree that gens should take longer but they shouldn't increase the gen time itself but rather when multiple survivors are working on a gen together. It would also be nice if kicking a gen did something.

• DragoonSanddune01
    DragoonSanddune01 Member Posts: 48

honestly im in favor of treasure hunt to get your items to repair things as long as its a collective pool not on a person if killed

I would be willing to let NoED go if they make repair gen harder and harder as they repair each one ... like first gen done Add 15 more second to the next one and then 2nd add 30 for the next gen and then so on ... so that it progressively gets harder to repair gen and then like someone said ... having to find the Fuse to open the gate would be good to slow game down so its more of a good chase and map awareness.

• Chordyceps
    Chordyceps Member Posts: 1,703

Generators do get completed a little fast, but making them take longer to complete is the most boring, unfun way to go about addressing this. I think the game just needs to sort of new mandatory objective to go alongside completing generators so you can't jus immediately hop on them at the start of the match.

• IWFreak
    IWFreak Member Posts: 252

I would say:

Decrease overall map size. Right now, when the killer is chasing someone, the survivor can run REALLY far away from the objective being done.

With decreased map sizes, the killer would have more chances to detach to another survivor, survivors would hear the TR more, keeping them on their toes.

• RodrigoFlecha
    RodrigoFlecha Member Posts: 43

Loved reading the comments of all of you, there are many very good suggestions and I hope one day you will heed for this.

• Daisymoon87
    Daisymoon87 Member Posts: 68

This is not helpful to players in low ranks.

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,904
    edited April 2022

The last thing you want to do is have to stare at a gen for longer.

Its not really an interesting solution.

I'd say make regressing/kicking gens more valuable in general and get rid of tapping to stop regression.

Then we need to put the focus of survivor game play back towards team inetraction rather than solo ability.

Yes this makes solo queue less viable but half the games issues stem from trying to make a solo survivor able to just do it all alone like some uber hero.

Maybe make the first couple of gens require 2x survivor to repair or at least get started. You need your buddies to get it off the ground and as we get closer to the finish and its likely someone is dead then the capabilities of a solo survivor increase.

Maybe a mechanic called desperation as survivors get eliminated your ability as a solo player to complete your objective increases. I don't mean a stop gap perk I mean an evolving game state kinda like the egc.

• Valik
    Valik Member Posts: 1,274

If you increase the time a generator needs to be completed by 4 seconds per generator in the match and change the base repair time to 76.

The 1st generator completed would need to have 16 additional seconds of work to be completed (20%)

After a generator is completed, the required repair for all other generators is lowered by 5% (4s)

Overall, this would make survivors have to repair a total of 50% more generator progress than usual.

This would be very oppressive for survivors - but by tweaking Toolboxes to become more powerful - it can easily find a balance.

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,028

This.

Generators are at a weird point where they complete too quick, but take too long to be "fun" for a survivor to do.

Regression is needed, not extended Gen times

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,707

The baseline gen time of 80 seconds is not the issue.

Basekit regression needs to be made a bit more worthwhile, and toolboxes/perks which speed up generators need to be toned down. Corrupt also feels like way more of a necessity than it should.

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992

No longer gen times. Fix map design, give killers 5% base damage when kicking generators. But do not make base generator times longer. They’re already a snooze fest, and as long as Ruin can regress up to 79 seconds of progress, there is no reason gens should take longer.

• VirtuaTyKing
    VirtuaTyKing Member Posts: 465

Corrupt should be basekit on less mobile killers.

• Reshy
    Reshy Member Posts: 402

That would be nice, have 2-4 of those every 25 or 50% of the generator's progression, and you cannot progress past those points till you succeed (failing would have the usual regression penalty). Also having some large UI in front of the player would mean you're less able to notice when the killer's nearby.

Other thing is killers need to have a Merciless Storm-like minigame in order to stop the generator from regressing rather than just tapping it. That means if a killer kicks it, the survivors at least know they're getting some value out of it as it cannot be tapped anymore. That and doubling the base regression rate (tune down perks that regress currently to be like +50% instead of +100%).

• CharlieChatBox
    CharlieChatBox Member Posts: 258

Temporary Fix for Gen Breaking until more in depth one developed: Kicking a gen always regresses it by 5%. Standard regression speed after initial 5% regression.

Why: Discourages gen tapping, as each 2 second kick is 4 seconds of progress + however long its left to regress. Makes the 2 second interaction more appealing to killer, as the effect is instant. Works as a indirect buff to all gen breaking perks.