Closing the Gap Between SWF and Solo

Options

SWF has caused a great deal of strain on balance, due to the fact that many nerfs to SWF often hurt Solo players more than needed. The difference between Solo and SWF is wide, and most of it stems from basic information that Solos just don’t get.

While the difference can never be made up completely without voice coms, there are many areas which can be greatly improved upon. These are some relatively easy to implement changes that would greatly assist in closing the gap between SWF and Solos.

All Survivors have an “entity icon” (current obsession icon). If you’re the obsession, your “entity icon” is red instead of white. Being chased will animate your “entity icon” as it does currently.

While on hook or in dying state, you may press a button to animate your “entity icon” as if you were in a chase. This is to indicate the Killer is near.

(Perhaps one of the biggest differences between SWF and Solos, is knowing whether a Survivor is in chase or the Killer is near while hooked or slugged. This is a massive advantage of SWF and the "entity icon" intends to even the playing field)

While on hook, Survivors within 36 meters of that hook have their aura revealed to all other Survivors.

(Quickly deciding who is closest to a hooked Survivor is vital in being as efficient as possible with unhooks and generator management. SWF can voice there location immediately, and while this change won't one up that, it will most definitely assist Solo players)

While in dying state, once you are fully recovered (95%), your aura begins blinking slowly.

(Healing a slugged Survivor can be very risky, so coupled with the previous "entity icon" mechanic, this should help provide information that SWF would have in an instant)

While on the Killer’s shoulder, your aura is revealed to all other Survivors.

(This conveys the voice com of "they're taking me to _______" which may be very vital information depending on the hook location. SWF knows this through quick coms, so should Solos)

If a Survivor sees the Killer and is within 24 meters of them, an icon of that Killer appears next to the Generator icon. This icon is visible to all Survivors for the remainder of the trial.

(This is to relay the voice com of "hey it's _____ Killer" that SWF get at the very start of the game, while Solo players have to deduce over time with either an audio or video queue)

Now of course these changes won’t close the gap completely, but I believe they’d do more than any change Behavior has made so far. These changes are specifically made in a way to use current game assets to make for swift and relatively easy coding.

Once the gap is significantly shortened, then proper balance changes would be easier to implement without greatly affecting Solo players.

Comments

• DocOctober
    DocOctober Member Posts: 2,230
    Options

The changes are not bad as such although I disagree with the Aura-reveal of carried Survivors, that was removed on purpose. If anything, the Survivor's vision should be dimmed so that they have trouble seeing their surroundings and can't relay that information to their peers (you could attribute it to being dizzy from getting knocked down). And none of those changes should be implemented before Killers aren't buffed accordingly, which I'm quite sure, the devs would do, because apparently, letting the Killer players suffer for a couple of Patches never seemed to trouble them in the past.

Such changes would need to be made alongside appropriate Killer buffs.

• ModernFable
    ModernFable Member Posts: 836
    Options

Such changes would need to be made alongside appropriate Killer buffs.

Naturally.
  • Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930
    Options

@Tsulan said:
    I assume that after these important survivor buffs, killers get heavily buffed.

Depends on how heavily. Probably more light closer to moderate buffs. This doesn’t functionally benefit SWF in any way, do the hardest they can get today is still the cap of difficulty, so they’d just need the same buffs they need now really.

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930
    Options

Replace the last one with a totem counter.

• PureHostility
    PureHostility Member Posts: 708
    Options

No, you are looking at it at the wrong angle.
    You should make game much harder for SWF rather than make solo as stupid as SWF currently is.

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,347
    Options

@weirdkid5 said:
    Please no don't make this game any easier for me.

Well most killers would need some kind of buff as well with these changes, so it wouldn't necessarily become easier.

• ad19970
    Options

@Tsulan said:

Exactly. That would be a must. Either a gen rush nerf, plus some smaller nerfs to Spirit, Hillbilly and Nurse, since they are already really good, or just buffs to all the weaker killers to be more on the same level as Spirit or Hillbilly. Although a gen rush nerf would be nice.

• ad19970
    Options

I would add a built in self care as well, that maybe allows you to heal yourself at 40% or 45% the normal speed. Since swf have an easier time finding each other to heal.

• raw_bean
    raw_bean Member Posts: 20
    Options

@PureHostility said:
    You should make game much harder for SWF rather than make solo as stupid as SWF currently is.

How? Short of magically disabling their microphones there's nothing you can really do about the core problem.

• Bongbingbing
    Bongbingbing Member Posts: 1,423
    Options

I think just building in Bond and buffing Killers accordingly would help a tonne.
    Sure it'd make bond, empathy and aftercare useless but something needs to be done to close the Gap and help balance the game.

• PureHostility
    PureHostility Member Posts: 708
    Options

@raw_bean said:

@PureHostility said:

How? Short of magically disabling their microphones there's nothing you can really do about the core problem.

Exactly, devs dug up a grave for game balance themselves, by introducing that broken gamemode.
    Implement two modes, ranked and casual (as seen in most games that have ranks to begin with).

Ranked, solo only.
    Casual, the same thing.

"But it splits the playerbase" so does the current mode.
    Playing with and against SWF is a frakking nightmare or a chore as a solo survivor or as a killer.
    Don't want this?
    Mark SWF players in lobby so players can act accordingly (prepare their loadouts, or dodge as they already are by checking their friend steam profiles).

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    Options

NO

Solo survivor is just fine. We don't need to give them anything. If you have 4 top tier solo survivors it can be way harder than most SWF groups.

What they should do is limit perk usage of SWF groups such that there is only ever 1 instance of a perk allowed. This puts the focus of SWF on team builds, which is what they should be doing anyway. Letting them all run DS/Adren/DH/SC is what makes SWF so overwhelming. It'd break up the meta a bit.

And before someone says something stupid because they don't actually read the post, this only applies to SWF groups. If you come into a game solo, even if the other 3 players are in a group, you have no limits. You can do whatever you want.

• ModernFable
    Options
    Tsulan said:
    Of course.

I always find it rather weird on these forums.

Most people assume I’m trying to post the whole patch notes. No, there would be Killer buffs and/or Survivor nerfs I assure you, that was the whole point.
  • ad19970
    Options

@thesuicidefox said:

NO

Solo survivor is just fine. We don't need to give them anything. If you have 4 top tier solo survivors it can be way harder than most SWF groups.

What they should do is limit perk usage of SWF groups such that there is only ever 1 instance of a perk allowed. This puts the focus of SWF on team builds, which is what they should be doing anyway. Letting them all run DS/Adren/DH/SC is what makes SWF so overwhelming. It'd break up the meta a bit.

And before someone says something stupid because they don't actually read the post, this only applies to SWF groups. If you come into a game solo, even if the other 3 players are in a group, you have no limits. You can do whatever you want.

I just don't think many people will be happy if they are forced to use less perks because they are playing with friends. Might really hurt the game.

• ModernFable
    Options

Handicapping SWF is far more difficult than simply giving Solo more information.
  • AlwaysInAGoodShape
    AlwaysInAGoodShape Member Posts: 1,301
    Options

There is a problem with increasing communication and that is that;

The majority likes the immersed experienced more.

That aside, I really like the Chase HUD and the 95% indicator.
    I'd say make their aura yellow at 95%, and make the obsession icon the same, while removing the 2 smaller fingers from the non-obsession.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    edited January 2019
    Options

@ad19970 said:

@thesuicidefox said:

NO

I just don't think many people will be happy if they are forced to use less perks because they are playing with friends. Might really hurt the game.

Literally nothing you do will make everyone happy so you just have to pick something and bite the bullet. Your choices are buff solo or nerf SWF. And since solo is in the perfect spot right now, it makes the most sense to nerf SWF.

And if sharing bothers you that much then get in the habit of playing solo more often.

• ModernFable
    Options

There is a problem with increasing communication and that is that;

The majority likes the immersed experienced more.

That aside, I really like the Chase HUD and the 95% indicator.
    I'd say make their aura yellow at 95%, and make the obsession icon the same, while removing the 2 smaller fingers from the non-obsession.

The only thing that post shows is that a small vocal minority on these forums wants a more immersed experience.

And given how few replies that post had, a very very small vocal minority.
  • ModernFable
    Options
    raw_bean said:

@PureHostility said:

This is pretty much the problem that’s always been around.

People will find always find way to communicate and stopping them from doing so will stop a fair few people from even playing Dead by Daylight.

Moreover, just adding nerfs where it only affects SWF queues would both be less intuitive and more challenging compared to what I’ve suggested here.

Bring Solos to SWF level, then nerf Survivors and/or buff Killers.
  • ModernFable
    Options

@raw_bean said:

@PureHostility said:

"But it splits the playerbase" so does the current mode.

Playing with and against SWF is a frakking nightmare or a chore as a solo survivor or as a killer.
    Don't want this?
    Mark SWF players in lobby so players can act accordingly (prepare their loadouts, or dodge as they already are by checking their friend steam profiles).

SWF doesn’t split up the player base, they’re still all in the same queue.

What you’re suggesting would split up the player base, and increase the rate of dodging.

Dead by Daylight’s player base is fair, but not massive. It’s small enough that people at higher and bottom ranks consistently have very long queue timers. And compared to other small player bases, the queues here are even more fragile because it needs to be a 4 - 1 split.

People want to play with their friends. People want to talk to their friends. Anything that makes the game less fun should be addressed quickly and always avoided when given the opportunity. 

Make Solo way more on par with SWF. Then buff Killers and/or nerf Survivors in the same patch. These changes are far easier to implement than any handicap to SWF would be.
  • DwightsLifeMatters
    DwightsLifeMatters Member Posts: 1,649
    Options
    I made the suggestion about the entity legs in the HUD a while ago. U can't imagine how mad people went. Kept using the argument "how can I know who the obsession DS is?“ while I made it very clear that the obsession DS will have a different colour for the entity legs in the HUD.
  • ModernFable
    edited January 2019
    Options

@ad19970 said:

@thesuicidefox said:

NO

Your choices are buff solo or nerf SWF. And since solo is in the perfect spot right now, it makes the most sense to nerf SWF.

Whether or not that’s the case on paper, it doesn’t matter much.

There’s a lot more ways that Behavior can buff Solo than nerf SWF.

That is without disabling all 3rd party software and implementing nerfs that specifically affect SWF queues. Which would both be controversial and far more technically challenging since they would need to create the assets for the second part.

I suggested these changes because the assets are already here, so they’re easy to implement. And it’s more intuitive and interesting than just slapping on a debuff to SWF while cutting off they’re coms.
    Post edited by ModernFable on
  • DwightsLifeMatters
    DwightsLifeMatters Member Posts: 1,649
    edited January 2019
    Options
    weirdkid5 said:

Please no don't make this game any easier for me.

hmm it's a weird one because you actually don't make it easier because you don't have these informations as solo player in the first place, no matter what and how good you are.
    And since these changes will have 0 impact on how much stringer swf groups will be I see no harm in these to give solos a buff. Obviously after that we can do overall survivor nerfs without completely stomping solos (aka second objectives).
    That's just my opinion, what do you think about my thoughts?

Tsulan said:
    Defenetly, 100% either killer buffs or simply overall survivor nerfs for example with a second objective as we all know how fast gens get pumped. 
  • ModernFable
    Options
    I made the suggestion about the entity legs in the HUD a while ago. U can't imagine how mad people went.
    Well I haven’t been on these forums as long as others, but I think I can.

And hopefully with the short sentences and pictures provided, people will be able to understand it better.
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

The only proper solution to the solo/SWF gap is implementing ingame voice comms.

• ModernFable
    Options
    Master said:

The only proper solution to the solo/SWF gap is implementing ingame voice comms.

I stated at the very beginning of my discussion that these changes would never truly close the gap because of the power of voice communication.

However, Behavior has made it clear that they don’t want to implement it, while also stating they still want to reduce the gap.

I made these changes with their design goals in mind, as well as ease of coding.
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

@ModernFable said:
    Master said:

I stated at the very beginning of my discussion that these changes would never truly close the gap because of the power of voice communication.

However, Behavior has made it clear that they don’t want to implement it, while also stating they still want to reduce the gap.

I made these changes with their design goals in mind, as well as ease of coding.

BHVR has said a lot and then changed their midn again.

There will never be a clown in the game (just one example)

• ModernFable
    edited January 2019
    Options

I didn’t want to cause any confusion with aura perks, because when someone is in dying state they’ll appear yellow with Bond and Empathy.

Also that could be an option for the “entity icon”, I was specifically only using current game assets to make patching these changes much easier and faster.
    Post edited by ModernFable on
  • ModernFable
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Master said:

@ModernFable said:
    Master said:

BHVR has said a lot and then changed their midn again.

There will never be a clown in the game (just one example)

That’s also possible, however the changes I suggested have many attractive draws.

They use in game assets, they’re easier to code because of this, and there’s even more that I haven’t mentioned yet:

This will make it easier for new players to pick up the game.

Many people bought this together with their friends and just want to have a fun casual experience. These changes with both assist in learning the game and playing in Solos. As well as provide some quality of life to the game in general.

Another note to this, is that voice coms would be useless to those who are without microphones, are mute, or just don’t want to talk. The changes I’ve suggested would be of great use to those individuals.
  • Rebel_Raven
    Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775
    Options
    Here is a huge hurdle as to why we cannot just close the gap between SWF and solo...

How do we balance the killers afterwards? 
    No one knows. At best I see people come up with vague ideas.

It's just dumb to think that killers will hang around when even solos could be potentially as strong as a 4 man swf right from rank 20. 
  • ModernFable
    Options
    ad19970 said:

@thesuicidefox said:

NO

I don’t think so either.

I'm very much avoiding doing anything that “takes away” from the game. Rather I’m looking to improve Solos and add some quality of life to others.

I’m very curious what some developer thoughts on this are, or even some moderators.

@MandyTalk
    @Peanits
    @Patricia
    @not_Queen
  • ModernFable
    Options
    Here is a huge hurdle as to why we cannot just close the gap between SWF and solo...

It's just dumb to think that killers will hang around when even solos could be potentially as strong as a 4 man swf right from rank 20. 
    It’s not like Behavior hasn’t put any thought into SWF nerfs. It’s just that most of the time, those nerfs hurt unintentionally hurt Solos.

So once the gap is relatively small, then Behavior will have free reign to make changes as they see fit.

Also I don’t think rank 20 SWF or buffed Solos are really a problem. It’s better that people are playing together and having fun when they first get the game anyway. However if they want to or have to play alone when starting out, then they should have fun too.

Dead by Daylight still has room to grow it’s playerbase, and making learning the game easier will always help.
  • Bongbingbing
    Bongbingbing Member Posts: 1,423
    Options

@Rebel_Raven said:

There's plenty of ways you could buff killers. They could change some mechanics in game like kicking gens regresses a percentage before regressing regularly or speed up hook progressing, even buffing movement speed for all killers, or rework all their individual powers a bit.

I'm sure Rank 20 killers are already going against SWF their the majority of the playerbase. If Devs wants to keep new killers interested in the game something has to change, the more you rank up the less fun killer is to play and the more stressful it becomes.

• ModernFable
    Options

@Rebel_Raven said:

There's plenty of ways you could buff killers. They could change some mechanics in game like kicking gens regresses a percentage before regressing regularly or speed up hook progressing, even buffing movement speed for all killers, or rework all their individual powers a bit.

I'm sure Rank 20 killers are already going against SWF their the majority of the playerbase. If Devs wants to keep new killers interested in the game something has to change, the more you rank up the less fun killer is to play and the more stressful it becomes.

Pretty much.

There’s a very wide array of possible buffs or nerfs once the gap is small.

Although I’d hesitate on speeding up hook progression as that would encourage camping.
  • Rebel_Raven
    Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775
    Options

@Rebel_Raven said:

Like I said, vague plans. 
    They need a realistic plan ready to put into place because the gap between killer and survivors is going to widen immensely, and killers will be hard pressed to want to hang around.

They already basically said they won't adjust movement speeds.
    Hook stage speed, while overcoming the issue killers have in needing time to kill someone would probably promote camping.
    A mass perk retooling is a huge process. I don't think the devs have it in them.
    Survivors constantly complain about gen times being increased. They certainly do not want to upset the survivors. 

Yeah, even with the safeguards for rank 20 to 15 I'm sure people are bypassing it to go after people they have no business with.

• ModernFable
    Options

@Rebel_Raven said:

Like I said, vague plans. 
    They need a realistic plan ready to put into place because the gap between killer and survivors is going to widen immensely, and killers will be hard pressed to want to hang around.

Obviously they need a detailed plan, however they’re not going to copy some random person’s step by step plan on the forums or reddit.

They want feedback and suggestions, but past that they don’t really care.

Behavior is going to do what they want to do. So the best thing we can do as community members is provide ample feedback and suggest a variety of solutions to current game problems.
  • twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    edited January 2019
    Options
    No the game has already been dumbed down enough due to SWF, so many notifications and aura reading perks for both sides.

Why play a game, learn and get better when the devs will simply show us where to go and what's happening in every scenario.

All these notifications should be removed once you reach rank 15 imo and you get out the learning zone. 
  • ModernFable
    edited January 2019
    Options
    No the game has already been dumbed down enough due to SWF, so many notifications and aura reading perks for both sides.

Why play a game, learn and get better when the devs will simply show us where to go and what's happening in every scenario.

All these notifications should be removed once you reach rank 15 imo and you get out the learning zone. 
    Oh yeah, I’m sure removing half the mechanics and perks in the game will be super easy, balanced, and not controversial at all. Then everyone will be able to be as good as you!

Listen, even if they followed through with your outlandish idea, that still wouldn’t address the gap between SWF and Solo.

Which is the whole point of this discussion.

• twistedmonkey
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Oh yeah, I’m sure removing half the mechanics and perks in the game will be super easy, balanced, and not controversial at all. Then everyone will be able to be as good as you!

Listen, even if they followed through with your outlandish idea, that still wouldn’t address the gap between SWF and Solo.

What the hell are you on about? Did I say remove any perks or are you just jumping to conclusions as you don't know the meaning of the word NOTIFICATIONS

If you have trouble knowing ruin is in play after touching a gen, hearing and seeing the skill check sound get smaller distance apart with lullaby, seeing someone go down in one hit with haunted ground, MYC or NOED that's a git gud issue, how did all these players new and old manage without them for months after when the game came out? They must all have been amazing players.

Here's an idea try actually playing and be aware of what's happening, I know it's a strange concept to do in a game in this day and age but it will make you better in the long run.

There is no way to close the gap between SWF and solo, imo they need to stop trying to fix everything that works turning the game into a walk fest knowing each and everything that's happening for those who play as intended and concentrate on doing something about that which is not namely SWF on comms.
  • ModernFable
    Options

What the hell are you on about? Did I say remove any perks or are you just jumping to conclusions as you don't know the meaning of the word NOTIFICATIONS

There is no way to close the gap between SWF and solo, imo they need to stop trying to fix everything that works turning the game into a walk fest knowing each and everything that's happening for those who play as intended and concentrate on doing something which us broken namely SWF.
    “No the game has already been dumbed down enough due to SWF, so many notifications and aura reading perks for both sides.”
    - You

They don’t clutter the HUD, and as you said most people should know by the time they’re out of Rank 15, so why does it matter?

They’re mostly quality of life than anything else.

And if you weren’t referring to aura reading perks when talking about dumbing down the game, why did you even mention them?

Moreover on the topic of:

“there’s no way to close the gap between SWF and solo”
    - You

Yes there is, most of the suggestions in this post strictly benefit Solo Survivors and thus shortens gap between them. Quite significantly, I might add.

And whether or not you think SWF is broken or not, it’s been here for quite some time and is likely here to stay. They’ve said they don’t have the tech at the moment to specifically nerf SWF lobbies because they don’t track whether a lobby is Solo or SWF.

So the logical alternative is to instead bring Solos up to SWF’s power.
  • twistedmonkey
    Options
    “No the game has already been dumbed down enough due to SWF, so many notifications and aura reading perks for both sides.”
    - You

They don’t clutter the HUD, and as you said most people should know by the time they’re out of Rank 15, so why does it matter?

And if you weren’t referring to aura reading perks when talking about dumbing down the game, why did you even mention them?

- You

Yes there is, most of the suggestions in this post strictly benefit Solo Survivors and thus shortens gap between them. Quite significantly, I might add.

And whether or not you think SWF is broken or not, it’s been here for quite some time and is likely here to stay. They’ve said they don’t have the tech at the moment to specifically nerf SWF lobbies because they don’t track whether a lobby is Solo or SWF.

Oh so you can quote now show me where I said REMOVE any perks? I said NOTIFICATIONS, understand now?

Most of the suggestions take the game to a simplistic format which only serves to stop you playing and just know everything that is going on.

It sounds like you are too new to realise that each time they add something like the suggestions it removes tension in a game, why wonder if you need to hide when you hear a heartbeat when you know where they are? Why go for a save when you know where they are? All this does is allow all the survivors not only swf stay on gens for shorter matches.

This is not the way to fix the problem making it even more of an m1 simulator, it just means we know everything instead of having to be aware, sounds really fun doesn't it?

The thing is you don't seem to think about how each one off these buffs also inherently buff swf, the one thing say has that they will never be able to give is on the fly updates, the killer us going to shack, I used that pallet, no pallets left around the harvester, open the gate I have dead hard etc, to think some notifications and aura perks will bring solo anywhere near the same level is laughable.

Of course SWF is here to stay who said otherwise? they actually do track swf v solo hence the stats they released on percentages on who plays what, having the tech and hand and it not being available are two different things, the tech us out there they just need to get it in place.

The logical point to fix anything broken is to fix what is not every single thing around it, would you change 6 circuit boards, replace a whole cistern to fix a faulty pipe? Or would you look to fix which is broken? 

Sounds like you just want people to post who agree with you, well sorry but I don't and will say my piece.

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,003
    Options

Actually, that entity sign sounds good. If the killer is looking at the survivor, or the survivor is in terror radius, the symbol acts as a warning.

• ModernFable
    Options
    - You

- You

It sounds like you are too new to realise that each time they add something like the suggestions it removes tension in a game, why wonder if you need to hide when you hear a heartbeat when you know where they are? Why go for a save when you know where they are? All this does is allow all the survivors not only swf stay on gens for shorter matches.

This is not the way to fix the problem making it even more of an m1 simulator, it just means we know everything instead of having to be aware, sounds really fun doesn't it?

The thing is you don't seem to think about how each one off these buffs also inherently buff swf, the one thing say has that they will never be able to give is on the fly updates, the killer us going to shack, I used that pallet, no pallets left around the harvester, open the gate I have dead hard etc, to think some notifications and aura perks will bring solo anywhere near the same level is laughable.

Of course SWF is here to stay who said otherwise? they actually do track swf v solo hence the stats they released on percentages on who plays what, having the tech and hand and it not being available are two different things, the tech us out there they just need to get it in place.

The logical point to fix anything broken is to fix what is not every single thing around it, would you change 6 circuit boards, replace a whole cistern to fix a faulty pipe? Or would you look to fix which is broken? 
    The game is not tense and never has been.

Dead by Daylight is not a horror game. It’s a cooperative survival game where you do gens and run around pallets.

Trying to keep the “immersion” in an online survival game like this is kind of a fruitless effort. Especially when Survivors in neon skirts and cowboy hats are teabagging supernatural Killers in santa and school girl outfits. And just because having more info on hand sounds less fun to you, doesn’t mean it does to others.

I've stated multiple times that unless there’s voice coms, then SWF will still be greater than Solos. This is true, but there’s still a lot that can be down to reduce the gap. Even if they don’t have on the fly updates, these changes will reduce the ginormous difference.

They track SWF for stats, however they do not have the code in place to make nerfs specifically for SWF lobbies.

Moreover you’re specifically identifying SWF as a problem. Considering it’s not going anywhere and it would require creating new assets to change it directly, it seems more logical to simply buff Solos. The assets are already here and the changes could be applied much faster.
  • ModernFable
    Options

Actually, that entity sign sounds good. If the killer is looking at the survivor, or the survivor is in terror radius, the symbol acts as a warning.

Thanks, although I’d much rather it be a button press. For the simple fact that Terror Radius and line of sight can be avoided easily.
  • AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,003
    Options

@ModernFable said:
    AetherBytes said:

Thanks, although I’d much rather it be a button press. For the simple fact that Terror Radius and line of sight can be avoided easily.

Line of sight means at all visible.

• ModernFable
    edited January 2019
    Options

@ModernFable said:
    AetherBytes said:

Line of sight means at all visible.

I’m aware, that also means that you can just turn your camera slightly away.

I assure you, there would be ways to work around it. Just like chasing people with Legion’s Frenzy while staring at the blood trail.

A button press wouldn’t have this problem.
  • weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144
    edited January 2019
    Options

@ModernFable said:
    twistedmonkey said:

ModernFable said:

• You

• You

The game is not tense and never has been.

Dead by Daylight is not a horror game. It’s a cooperative survival game where you do gens and run around pallets.

It's not cooperative. Your success does not depend on the success of your team whatsoever. This is an opportunistic game.