The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Which Killers Need Changes Next?

Røøkë
Røøkë Member Posts: 36
edited April 2022 in General Discussions

In my opinion:

Power Rework

-Nightmare (He needs another power rework, he's just so boring to play as and against.)

Major Changes

-Pig (Power is clunky, can be made smoother to play.)

-Shape (Similar to Pig, older power that can use some modernization.)

-Trickster (While I personally enjoy playing killer, he can be miserable to play against. I believe he should be a 115% killer with a base terror radius of 24 meters, however, he has to build up to his power similarly to The Oni. When he gets his power, imagine Main Event, only the speed and length are tweaked in order to compensate for the new charge requirements. Maybe, to keep in theme with his celebrity status, the power charges the more survivors give him attention. I also think he should be given something to assist when his Blade power is not available, not quite sure what he should be given, however something to assist with map pressure would be nice.)

Minor Changes

-Artist (Can be unfun to go against and to play, I feel that rewarding long distance shots would be nice. Maybe the farther the shot, the longer it takes to repel the birds, but if the shot is from a closer distance, it takes less time to repel.)

-Blight (Addons only, base kit doesn't need changes.)

-Executioner (Addons could use a pass, not a lot of variety or interesting choices besides the range and recharge modifiers.)

-Hag (Has some insane addons and crazy camping abilities, could be toned down to make survivor experience more enjoyable.)

-Hillbilly (Chainsaw overheat could be removed, the issue with old Billy was his addons, not his base kit. Now that instasaw Billy is gone, he does not need an overheat.)

NOTE: Twins are not listed due to devs. confirming that they're next to be receiving changes.

Comments

• Murgleïs
    Murgleïs Member Posts: 1,067

Are you joking ?

Also is the OP joking asking for a Hag nerf ? I think the last time I saw a Hag was 2 months ago. Leave granny alone.

• SuzuKR
    SuzuKR Member Posts: 3,910

Myers/Twins/Trickster in my opinion.

• Røøkë

I don't think she needs a major nerf, however placing a bunch of traps around a hook is not fun to deal with. That's all I think needs to be changed besides a few addons that are useless.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

Are we talking about buffs or nerfs?

Your list looks a bit weird, since it names some nerfs for B or C tier killers. While also saying that there was a issue with Billys addons.

No one on earth would have asked for a Billy nerf. Like ever. He was the gold standard for power level.

You´re talking about toning Hag down, to make the survivor experience more enjoyable? Whats about the killer experience? Hag is already a really rare sight. Nerfing her won´t really improve that, unless thats what you mean by making it more enjoyable = never seeing her again.

• Røøkë

I wasn't suggesting a billy nerf, I was suggesting the removal of the overheat.

• Tsulan

I quote you here: "the issue with old Billy was his addons, not his base kit."

• Røøkë
    edited April 2022

Let me clarify, the list was not a list of killers to nerf, it was who I thought needed changes. If I had to categorize them it would be:

Buff:

Hillbilly

Pig

Shape

Nerf:

Hag (hook camping, but change some of the useless addons to be effective)

Blight (addons)

Power/Addon Alterations (Not necessarily buff or nerf, just change to make more fun for both sides):

Trickster

Artist

Nightmare

Executioner (addons)

Post edited by Røøkë on
  • Røøkë
    edited April 2022

Yes, his addons were the issue, not base kit. So by removing things like instasaw, he was fixed. The overheat was unnecessary, which is why they should remove it. Let me clarify, when I say "Old" Billy, I'm referring to Billy before Summer 2020, before he was given the rework.

• Tsulan
    edited April 2022

None of his addons were an issue.

Even more, i can´t remember any nerf Billy threads.

• DrDeepwound
    DrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557

Nope, even survivors back then would proudly say Billy was the standard. That yes he was deadly, but could be outplayed.

• Røøkë

Yes, Billy was the gold standard. The only problem I remember was double charge time addons. I think the only change Billy should have gotten was turning Carburator Tuning Guide into a non-charge time altering addon, as well as the standardizing of his addons (since he was missing iridescents and such).

• Tsulan

Exactly! His nerf came out of nowhere.

@op

The issue is, that most killers would require a buff, to make them viable on high mmr ranks. Since there are only 3 killers that are seen regularly up there and with 27 killers, we should have some more variety. Which also means more fun for survivors. Since they wouldn´t constantly play against: nurse, nurse, blight, nurse, blight, etc.

• Røøkë

I agree, there needs to be more variety at high mmr. I clarified my list in a statement above, I apologize for the misunderstanding. I should have been more clear with my statement.

• Cameragosha
    Cameragosha Member Posts: 630
    edited April 2022

All killer need buff except S tier. nurse , blight and spirit.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,078

Definitely Pig. Give her a second type of trap or test, and make her dash attack usable.

• danielmaster87

Spirit could do with some buffs after her unjust nerfs.

• LeGranEmi
    LeGranEmi Member Posts: 80
    edited April 2022

the trickster does not require a nerf if not quite the opposite as mei trickster I can tell you that it is weak because the game is full of loops that kill the trickster completely his power is only useful or against low southpervivientes or open field nothing more in high ranks is a bad killer because you are slow and your power does not compensate since the laceration goes down to 15 s and you are even more slow to pull out knives and even more so when throwing

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077

Oh man. I'm probably going to forget a few.

Total reworks/significant buffs: Onryo, Pig, Freddy, Clown, Trapper.

Addon passes: Freddy, Artist, Pyramid Head, Oni, Onryo.

Minor QOL changes: Demo, Hag, Slinger, Twins, Doctor.

• MrPeanutbutter
    MrPeanutbutter Member Posts: 1,586

Poor Billy. The only thing that needed nerfed on him was insta-saw, but BHVR nuked him with changes that nobody asked for. Used to be my favorite killer and now I never play him.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

Most killers are probably pretty much fine as is. As far as big things go

• Sadako hasn’t had her normal post-release full balance pass yet. Typically that happens a few months after release, so not this coming mid-chapter but maybe in June-July? My guess is she’ll get a slight buff but probably not a huge one, I’m guessing she’s on par with Wraith or slightly better overall based on the people that are actually maining her.
    • Trapper is still kind of weak but had a rework last year I think it was? So not likely to see more Trapper buffs any time soon.
    • Freddy might be due for a new pass? It’s been a long time since they gave him a makeover.
    • I could see Twins getting tweaked at some point since I think they’re one of the least used killers and they may want to revamp them a bit if they want to make them more popular. (Not so much a buff since apparently Twins do well at high MMR, but rather something to make Twins players feel more enticed to do a lot of switching back and forth and chasing lots of survivors versus doing a camping strategy where they hook someone and leave Victor nearby to be radar on it and drive off rescuers.)
    • I know they’re actively looking at ways to steer killers away from just standing around a hook. They just never found a solution they liked that didn’t break something else apparently. For instance I could see them maybe looking at using Pyramid Head’s Cage system with hooks where if you hook someone the hooks moves elsewhere on the map. But who knows exactly what they’re been trying in that regard? Either way any change along these lines would impact killers like Bubba that seem to do the camping strategy more often than average killers.
  • GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,864

Only buff she needs right now is an indirect buff, which is nerfing Iron Will.

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090

Revert the Billy and Deathslinger nerfs.

Rework Freddy completely.

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090

Yes, without the 6 second timer to put someone to sleep.

He was the most fun killer to play before and was very unique.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,888

My boy Mikey needs a bit of love. Not a full rework. Just some quality of life changes to put him in a more comfortable spot.

• FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445

Let's see...

Myers needs a few... more modernizations than buffs. The man can still run out of his power. His add ons are pretty good though.

Freddy needs changes overall. Also, I'd like for him to at least get an addon to turn him into old Freddy.

Deathslinger needs some of his nerfs reverted.

Pyramid Head's add ons are kinda pathetic. His base kit is perfectly fine though.

Onryo needs her post release tune up.

Twins... I'd like for them to be able to recall a VIctor who's just sitting somewhere. Also I'd like for the post down Victor Cool Down to get changed so that its 5s if you stay as Victor but you can swap back to Charlotte it is like... 2 seconds.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

Addon changes for Pyramid Head, buffs for Trapper, Sadako, Nemesis, Clown, Doctor, Myers, Wraith, Hillbilly, Pig, Deathslinger for example.

• skylerbound
    skylerbound Member Posts: 753

Nerf to Iron will for Spirit, or have her completely bypass in it while in phase.

Nerf to Pyramid head, require him to use his power instead of being able to cancel it after zoning.

nerf to 110 speed on killers.

buff allow Plague to recall her corrupt anywhere

buff no recoil to trickster

• danielmaster87

I pity you sometimes. You've been gaslighted into thinking your favorite killer is so OP that you actually agree with the nerfs. I'll never stop fighting these nerfs, even when killer players say they're fine.

• GannTM

Listen I get it. I never thought Spirit was OP and didn’t think she needed anything other than removal of stand still mind game but my mind won’t change about her still being strong with the directional audio.

The number 1 reason I wanted her changed was because I was sick of the constant “Spirit is OP” and “Spirit takes no skill” statements that people kept making up. She did need something changed, but again, all the whining about the killer I dearly love was very tiring.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,695

Myers needs some updating.

• Chordyceps
    Chordyceps Member Posts: 1,703

Myers needs a buff, he's the only killer with a hard cap on how much you can use his power.

In order to buff him the devs should make him able to DRIVE A CAR, HE DOES IN THE ORIGINAL MOVIE FOR CRYING OUT LOUD #CARFORMYERS

• danielmaster87

They're just gonna say she's OP anyway. The nerf accomplished nothing. "Spirit is stronger than she was pre-nerf." They say the same about Wraith, Twins, Nemesis, Pinhead, even though they've been nerfed to hell. Removal of infinites and introduction of entity blocker are always framed as "survivor nerfs" instead of necessary game health changes. These are very casual people thinking they have the right to speak on balancing for the top, and they get listened to. They can't be appeased, only ignored.

• GannTM

Yeah but it has gotten way quieter and less overwhelming than it was before. It was hard for me to ignore. Maybe some QoL adjustments for her are necessary right now but just know when I say I don’t think she needs a buff, it’s coming from a place in my heart that doesn’t want to go through that again like back before her nerf announced.

• neb
    neb Member Posts: 790
    edited April 2022

No, don't nerf pyramid head. We barely have any pyramid head players. They already nerfed his animation speed when cancelling his power.

If you made it so you have to use your power, and you can't cancel it, you'd just have survivors W key'ing right when they see him about to plant his sword into the ground.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,492

Trikster should not be revorked totally but he needs some kind of buff. Also oni needs to be looked into new healing meta hurts him so he need to get his power earlier maybe his passive charge should be faster and he should be able to dash without his power too but not hit it would be for map travelling.

• Brimp
    Brimp Member Posts: 2,881

Myers before everyone else. Such an outdated and weak power.

• skylerbound
    skylerbound Member Posts: 753

I mean, his power is his already anti-loop. His bonus free ability to zone on top of that is equivilant to Spirit's old stand still "tech". Run to a loop, he puts his sword down and follows you until you either drop the pallet or you keep running into his goo or away from the loop to a dead zone. It's a win/win for the killer and a zero for the survivor. The canceling is not long enough, the twins got a harder nerf in that department.

• Sandt21
    Sandt21 Member Posts: 761

Anyone who doesn't put Twins at the absolute top of the "needs changes list" is absolutely wrong

• Adjatha
    Adjatha Member Posts: 1,814

Pyramid Head's Addons.

All his perks have been reworked (with mixed success) and his power has been nerfed many, many times.

Yet he still has the worst, most useless, least creative selection of addons of any killer in the game. The only ones that anybody bothers with is the "slight increase to shockwave range" ones, and those are pretty pathetic at that.

• sickdeathfiend
    sickdeathfiend Member Posts: 137
    edited April 2022

Would be cool if her ambush ability transitioned into a running speed boost if the ambush doesn't make contact with a survivor. I also think her stealth should linger after un-crouching for longer.

• DrVeloxcity
    DrVeloxcity Member Posts: 301

I think Pig needs some changes, and Hag could get some gameplay changes too so her power is more intricate than just placing traps and teleporting to them.

• sickdeathfiend

What if Hag had an alternate trap type like how Clown's can switch to an alternate bottle?

• DrVeloxcity
    DrVeloxcity Member Posts: 301

And what would the alternate trap type do? We all know Clown's alternate bottle is useless.

• sickdeathfiend

Is it really? I would personally like the alternate trap, when activated, reveals everyone's aura in that location for a set time. It would have a silent activation so unless the survivor saw it they wouldn't know it was set off.

• WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,082
    edited April 2022

Trapper: Needs to start with all traps and have their functions changed

Wraith: Old lunge back although I hate facing Wraith

Hillbilly: Cleaned animations, hit boxes and Overheat tuned down

Myers: More creative better ways to stalk and add-on changes

Hag: Camping changes and slight add-on rework

Freddy: Rework again

Pig: Different trap types stealth and dash improvements

Pyramid: Add-on rework

Deathslinger: 28 meter TR