The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Making Prestige Worthwhile

An idea I've had to make getting to P3 with a character actually worth the trouble. Less a way to (directly) reduce the grind and more something of a reward that offsets the grind.

Prestige I: Get the current Prestige III reward of 3% greater chance for rare items in the bloodweb.

Prestige II: All perks in the bloodweb start at Tier II

Prestige III: All perks the bloodweb start at Tier III.

I don't know how viable this is, given what I recall of devs posts about removing tiers entirely, but it was an idea I hadn't seen and thought worth tossing out there.

Comments

• Mazoobi
    Mazoobi Member Posts: 1,563

Anything to reduce the grind!

I already have all the survivors maxed out, but I don't plan on doing the killer roster until the grind feels better.

• Letholldus
    Letholldus Member Posts: 49

Here is how I'd do it.

Prestige I:

3% greater chance for rare items in the bloodweb.

Unlock the 1st of the 3 blood-stained cosmetics

500 BP discount to everything on the bloodweb

Prestige II:

6% greater chance for rare items in the bloodweb.

Unlock the 2nd of the 3 blood-stained cosmetics

1000 BP discount to everything on the bloodweb

Prestige III:

9% greater chance for rare items in the bloodweb.

Unlock the 3rd of the 3 blood-stained cosmetics

1500 BP discount to everything on the bloodweb

Account Prestige/loyalty level (which currently gives nothing)

For each loyalty/prestige level on your account, the bloodpoint cap is increased by 100,000 points.

I was also going to suggest each perk starting one level higher on the web with each level of prestige, but I decided the discount alone is good enough, prestige is a reward for grinding (though the grind is still way too bad even when not going for prestige). But with the discount and the better chance at rare items. It makes prestiging more worth it, especially on your 'main' as you won't have to funnel as many bloodpoints into a maxed character just to get the basic items you may need to bring into a match without blasting the bank and having to choose between getting items/offerings on your preferred survivor or levelling up another survivor or killer instead. Now you can split the difference a little easier and make it less grindy overall.

Adding a bigger bloodpoint cap as a reward for playing the game in general long enough to gain several loyalty levels which currently do nothing, would also help a bit for more long time players who want to save bloodpoints.