Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.
We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Bugged tome quest - OUT ISN'T AN OPTION (tome IX - crescendo, level 2)

bobobooo
bobobooo Member Posts: 13

Platform: PC

Bugged tome quest: "OUT ISN'T AN OPTION" (tome IX - crescendo, level 2)

Steps to reproduce: I hooked every survivor minimally once, I got 4 tokens on NO WAY OUT perk, survivors started every generator, one survivor tried to open a gate and the gate got blocked by NO WAY OUT perk, then I hunted and killed every single survivor and the gates never even got opened, round ended and the quest didn't get completed.

5 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• bobobooo
    bobobooo Member Posts: 13
    edited November 2021

Update:

This quest gets completed during the situation when the killer kills survivors before they are able to start needed number of generators to power the gates.

Well anyway, just kill everybody before they start generators and you complete it. That's how I got it completed today. Definitely don't wait till the perk actually activates, it's apparently not the way of finishing this quest.

10 out of 10 for misleading tricky description, good job!

• Fukse
    Fukse Member Posts: 106

Confirmed, I got 3 tokens of no way out, exit gates powered by completing 5 gens, exit switches got blocked, and then after they got unblocked i chased off a claud that was opening the gate and i STILL didn't get the archieve done. I guess i'll just have to 4k with 3 perks then cuz one of them will be useless no way out

• Dutchlander
    Dutchlander Member Posts: 3
    edited April 2022

I've done two attempts on this challenge now. The first, I killed three people before all the gens got done, then I closed the hatch and waited for the last survivor to touch the gates. The survivor died due to the endgame collapse timer before No Way Out deactivated.

The second attempt, I got three kills before the gens got done, then I went to a corner of the map and waited for the last survivor to escape through the hatch, so that the gates don't get opened and No Way Out never activates. Still nothing (As can be seen from the screenshot added below which depicts the aftermath of the second attempt). Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the challenge is bugged.

• tch
    tch Member Posts: 2

Killing 3 survivors with 2 gens left. Closing hatch. 4th surv dies stealthing, doesn't touch any gates. Quest completion won't pop up.

Killing 4 survs with 4 gens left, one of them disconnects. No completion

• tch
    tch Member Posts: 2

Killed 3 survs with 2 gens left, one of them disconnects. closed the hatch. The last one touches gates and activates the perk, then hides and dies to collapse. No quest completion.

Killed 3 survs with 3 gens left, did NOT close the hatch. Found the 4th one and sacrificed him on a hook. That try was a successful one and quest got completed.

I'd assume survs should not be killed by the entity in the endgame collapse and all of them should be sacrificed on hooks in order to complete the quest. I suppose it could also be completed letting the last one escape through the hatch. So the main point is to leave the hatch open when there's only one surv remaining.