Advice plz , Hostage Game in progress

Options

I'm in a match as killer , there are 2 survivors left doing nothing , 3 gens left to go , 30 mins in now , any advice appreciated ? do i get a penalty if i leave ? Thanks in advance

Comments

• Hi_Im_Chucky
    Hi_Im_Chucky Member Posts: 366
    Options

Check basement thoroughly.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531
    Options

Yes you do get a penalty. Pretty sure you can report them though.

• VaJaybles
    VaJaybles Member Posts: 658
    Options

You will get a penalty. Best advice circle gens, then start searching rest of the map. Or go afk

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992
    Options

Yes, you will. Are you patrolling generators? If not, you can always sit idle and let them repair them then open the exit gate. Terrible solution I know, but BHVR seemingly doesn’t care about this issue enough.

Alternatively, count your losses and DC.

• Bedslamb
    Bedslamb Member Posts: 70
    Options

yup , eyes getting a bit dry patrolling & checking lockers

keep going afk in the hope they'll do the gens & leave

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Options

record the match.

then report the people holding your hostage ingame and keep their profiles open.

then contact Support (here: https://support.deadbydaylight.com/hc/en-us ) and submit a ticket in which you include all needed information from their profiles, as well as attaching the video you took as evidence of them holding you hostage.

• tenoresax
    tenoresax Member Posts: 793
    Options

The match will count as a loss, you will not gain any bloodpoints and you will receive a 5 minute matchmaking penalty, I've been in this situation a couple times and I say just cut your losses and dc.

• Bedslamb
    Options

profiles unviewable , such a weird way to play the game

• Bedslamb
    Options

terrible tbh , surely there must be some way of preventing this ? Had a few attempts before to hostage the game , but never with 2 players still in game ( being on the dark swamp map ain't helping )

• tenoresax
    tenoresax Member Posts: 793
    Options

It used to be way worse before hatch rework, but I agree, it shouldn't be possible for a game to last longer than 30 minutes at the very most.

• Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452
    Options

Take video evidence. After about 15 min of their inactivity you can dc (you will get a penalty) and report them in the post match. Then send a ticket with footage.

• t0007319
    t0007319 Member Posts: 176
    Options

I think this is a fundamental issue in the game itself, if there are 3 gens left and only 2 survivors they’ll know it’s over, but instead of just giving you the easy win they’ll drag it out.

if the devs made it a little easier when there are 2 survivors and 3 or more gens they’d probably be more inclined to keep playing.

Ive had it a few times and I usually find them in a locker in the basement just fyi when they do, I’ve nothing against them though as killers can do similar, it’s just bad game mechanics.

• BenOfMilam
    BenOfMilam Member Posts: 911
    edited April 2022
    Options

This game really needs a timer to force the match to end at 25 or 30 minutes. If you're stubborn and don't want to lose your BP, you can walk away and make a sandwich while the survivors entertain themselves crouching in corners.

• GingerBeard
    GingerBeard Member Posts: 270
    Options

Everyone else already answered your question, so I just want to say one thing.

It honestly baffles me that we still don't have a time limit. No game should last longer than 30 minutes, but honestly even after 20 minutes I usually just want to move on to the next game. I wonder if the devs are worried it might occasionally end a good game prematurely. Even if that is the case, there is still no reason not to limit a game to an hour at max. Not a single person, including the devs, can argue that its reasonable for a game to last more than an hour.

• SkeletalElite
    SkeletalElite Member Posts: 2,677
    Options

just DC and report them

• Msterflex
    Msterflex Member Posts: 126
    Options

Baffles my mind why they haven’t dealt with this, it wouldn’t be that hard. Just make it so if the survivor doesn’t work on generators for about three minutes they die instantly like when the timer runs out at end game. They can make it lore friendly. They could get a warning, something like “the entity is displeased with you and will kill you if you don’t start working on the generators”