Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

The grind is insane even if you pay

Piruluk
Piruluk Member Posts: 995

Tried to convince friends to play, even though they have money, still would require insane amount of time to grind out meta perks.

Because one would guess buying a survivor/killer would unlock the perks behind them, but not so, you need to invest 1 million blood points at least, just to unlock a chance to have those perks on other killers/survivors, and of course you need tier 3 too, to add even more grind.

When they realise what that means nobody stays, cant justify the insane time requirement this game asks for newcomers. This really should be the top thing to be fixed.

Comments

• Kurri
    Kurri Member Posts: 1,599

Not to mention the wait you have till paid perks appear in the shrine. The last time Decisive Strike was in the shrine was over 4 months ago. Other Meta perks never seen the shrine for a much longer time. Then when you finally get the perk, you have to grind and unlock that perk on your Survivor's bloodwebs. Luckily most people just have to main 1 survivor.

Now imagine that for Killer.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

Grind is out of hand.

But I don't support paying to skip it.

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,735

The grind gets bigger the more you pay.

More characters = more grind

• Lochnload_exe
    Lochnload_exe Member Posts: 1,360

Imo, the grind is WORSE if you pay. My girlfriend got the game and I essentially made her believe the grind wasn't as bad as it really is because I told her to only get specific characters or perks.

As someone who has every killer and every perk, as well as a majority of the survivors but all the survivor perks, I only have 1 survivor with all the perks unlocked and I have about 3 killers with every single perk. It just takes way too long to get the perks you want on any killer when you have them all.

To all new players starting out, look up guides on the best characters to get or only get the characters you want. The grind is way more reasonable when you can only get the stuff you want out of bloodwebs, no bad filler perks.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792

The grind should be reduced, yes, but it should be across the board.. you shouldn't be able to pay to reduce it further.

• Marc_123
    Marc_123 Member Posts: 3,530

But it is in fact easier if you start fresh. But you have to know what you want.

When i started my PC account later after PS4 i know which perks are the best and unlocked only these first. So you get them on the next survs and killers way quicker. Also i avoided to unlock the useless ones first.

Of course this only works with new accounts.

Now the best perks are with the new killers - which they want you to buy of course.

• MrPeanutbutter
    MrPeanutbutter Member Posts: 1,586

Totally agree with this, but BHVR seems to believe the grind is totally fine and that it’s not turning away enough potential players to require any changes. They’ve done nothing yet to address it.

• Marc_123

No, they know it and are already working on a good fix which comes anytime soon.

And of course it will be a superior one. Simply having a permantent 2x bp bonus for matches or reducing the web costs (which would work immediately) would destroy the games ecosystem...

• Kurri
    Kurri Member Posts: 1,599

Can we stop pretending that buying DLC isn't paying to skip?

Because it is. You can either wait 4+ months to get Decisive Strike in the Shrine, or BUY THE DLC to level Laurie to unlock Decisive Strike sooner. You can grind to get the Iri to unlock characters, you want to play or need for Perks, OR you can buy the DLC for that character unlock the perks, and then use the Iri to buy BP through the Shrine, and skip grinding for that BP.

• Marc_123

You know that BHVR is a company who wants to earn money?

Never forget that. A lot of decisions we don´t understand are probably good for earning more money.

• espooked
    espooked Member Posts: 465

I am kinda addicted to the grind. I wish you could purchase bloodpoints with money sometimes.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,222

It needed to be addressed around year 2 for the game's longevity and accessibility, but here we are. You wonder how much the "content push above all else" approach has cost them.

• Ricardo170373
    Ricardo170373 Member Posts: 686

BHVR already said in another post in this forum, they are working on a MASSIVE grind reduction and they will share with us soon. Grind is insane and they know that, just we wait little more.

• Hex_Salt
    Hex_Salt Member Posts: 443

Working on it soon is simply too vague and BHVR have a track record of taking ages. Forgive me for not taking their word on it