Something needs to be done about farming.

Options
13»

Comments

• P3ToxicLaurie
    P3ToxicLaurie Member Posts: 142
    Options

Griefing refers to the act of one player intentionally disrupting another player's game experience for personal pleasure and possibly potential gain.

I don't have fun when people are farming, its really boring.

• WesCravenFan
    WesCravenFan Member Posts: 2,638
    Options

That implies the farmer is trying to ruin your game. Which you can't prove.

• P3ToxicLaurie
    Options
  • P3ToxicLaurie
    Options

Earlier I said when your MMR is so high, you are queued for longer because less people have your grade the higher level you are. Hence why I was also mentioning why I was queued for so long. After you've been queued for a while, it starts prioritizing putting you in a match over putting you in a game with people in the same MMR grade range as yourself. Hence why I am getting matched with the lower MMR rating players who are farming. Doesn't mean its still not an issue though.

• MaTtRoSiTy
    MaTtRoSiTy Member Posts: 1,734
    Options

The underlying issue here is many playing killer have pretty much given up even trying as they feel hopeless against COH and survivor sided RNG. Some are only playing as killer queues are instant whereas survivor takes forever at peak times.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want to farm either but I don't get bent out of shape about it and if everyone else is I will either just do gens and leave or join them to get a few points then leave asap

• WesCravenFan
    WesCravenFan Member Posts: 2,638
    Options

That is YOUR experience, not the FARMER's intent.

If all it takes to be "griefed" is for someone to do something you don't like, then I call "griefing" on anyone that brings a flashlight or runs Blight as a killer.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,172
    Options

like I said I'm ok with farming game hell I take 3 in row because they don't happen much.

I'm not the one against farming,I don't know who be against sweat games and chill games that oxymoron.

how are you getting these games so much I get the normal tunneling and camping killers or survivors who try do the gens ast as they can before I can find someone.

• espooked
    espooked Member Posts: 465
    Options

I farm if you are bad and I want to get more points, I also have sympathy for other players that soloq and get trash teammates. Go stand by the hook and I will send you to the next match.

• foxofthestars
    foxofthestars Member Posts: 157
    Options

🚜🚜

• Lycidas
    Lycidas Member Posts: 1,170
    edited April 2022
    Options

Play as you want as long as you respect the rules, of course

Hacking is not respecting the game rules, as being AFK isn't, so don't even try saying I justify hacking

The only "toxic" thing I don't condone is hateful comments (like death threads or racist/homophobic stuff) in the end game chat, because those are never acceptable under any circumstance

Teabagging is fine, yes, I don't even know why people have an issue with that? Roll your eyes to that childish behaviour and move on

Flashlight clicking is not an issue, unless you're using macros that can trigger epilectic responses in other people, and using macros should be bannable, IIRC?

• Jay_K
    Jay_K Member Posts: 411
    Options

Firstly most of the responces are correct. you can't tell someone how to play the game. Using the description of a game for a reason is kinda bull as no matter how a game was built to be played players will always find alternative ways to play it. This is why Camping, Tunneling, Gen Rushing, Chain Stunning and Farming arn't punishable in the game because its how players want to play.

However I do agree with you that Farming games can be very boring. I main killer but do play some survivor games (when i can stomach it) and ive been in many games were players want to farm.

As a killer if survivors look like they want to farm and i don't want to then i will just do everything in my power to kill them as fast as possible (yes that means tunneling and camping).

As a survivor if the killer is looking to farm then i will just rush gens, get out and start a new match. and if the other survivors want to farm with the killer they can't stop me from doing gens only the killer can.

Having said all of this there are some reason I will allow survivors to farm no matter how boring it is.

The main reason is if they have 2 d/c or afk survivors. Its never fun for a team to be cut in half because 2 players can't be bothered to play. If there are D/Cs or AFK players i will make the other 2 survivors aware that they are ok to do the gens and get some BP if they want. This results in them either just slamming the gens to end the game or doing gens but also pointing at pallets/lockers/gens as a sign that we are gonna both grab some extra BP.

I do belive there should be punishment for AFK players both killer and survivor as if you have queued for 10 minutes u kinda want a decent game and i think a timeout similar to the D/C penalty would be a good option for this. For BP farmers i don't think there should be punishment as it requires all players in the game to agree to farm BP for it to be effecient (most of the time not 100% of the time).0

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,156
    Options

Well I don't have reason to play normally when I just use my farming built so I can't just switch then. AFK is not bannable unless you do it every match and usually I still don't go full AFK but I just don't chase them. Most of my matches I try to get 3K-4K and tunnel, camp and slug if I need to so I don't think survivors like that more than farming? Like I earlier said you are just very lucky I almost never meet these farmers. Well I never think my objective is hooking and killing survivors but my objective is always to get as much bloodpoints and do my rift challenges.

• deKlaw_04
    deKlaw_04 Member Posts: 3,660
    Options

Oh yeah I’m Just adding to your point lmao. All good

• TotemSeeker91
    TotemSeeker91 Member Posts: 2,358
    Options

What, the issue is doing gens? Wow, imagine the objective being the issue

• KerJuice
    KerJuice Member Posts: 1,851
    Options

Yea I don’t care for farming either, but it used to be a LOT worse before crossplay since everyone could communicate on the same platform. Now I don’t get it that often. I’ll run into one now every week and a half as opposed to one every 2 or 3 days. Just do gens and leave ASAP, so you can get into your next match. Besides, you have a select few killers who farm then turn on the survivors at the end with NOED or some other insta down.

• P3ToxicLaurie
    Options

Most farmers don't do this, thanks for not being one of those farmers though.

• P3ToxicLaurie
    edited April 2022
    Options

I'll do my objective- how about the killer does theirs and plays the game as they should? That argument goes both ways.

• P3ToxicLaurie
    Options

Still making excuses instead of just simply playing as the devs intended you to. Killers chase survivors and hook them, while also preventing gen from being done. Survivors loop and try to do gens. Nothing you can say can change the fact that that is how the game is supposed to be played. I don't care if you have more fun playing as a friendly killer, you're not supposed to be playing like that. You are supposed to be a brutal killing machine lmfao. All of those responses are not valid whatsoever.

• P3ToxicLaurie
    Options

You're telling me you can play however you want- so either you accept that hackers are playing how they want, or admit that you're just excluding specific situations like cheating or being toxic because YOU choose when it's the right case or not. Whether you like it or not, they're playing how they want to play the game. Just play right, and then there will be no issue and everyone will be happy.

• Jay_K
    Jay_K Member Posts: 411
    Options

I'm sorry but who are you to tell everyone how to play this game. I give perfectly valid reasons as to why some may choose to farm and reasons why farming can be avoided but you just overlook those and focus on "the way the game is supposed to be played".

If you want everyone to play how this game is intended then this is how games will go.

The killer will do EVERYTHING in their power to kill survivors. This means tunnel, camp, slug and all around make it unbearable for the survivors. We are the bad guy after all we are there to make your (survivors) lifes hell.

All you survivors are allowed to do is do the gens and then leave if you havent been killed.

No flashlight clicky clicky, No fun interactions, no fun meming, no abusing perks in a way they arn't meant to be used (abusing BT and DS mainly).

If everyone played how the description of the game sais you should play every single game would be the same and so god damn boring.

I would also like to add that you use hacking as just a way to "play the game" but you completly miss the point that its a way to cheat at the game....not play the game. You cannot use that as a reasonable defence and your nieve if you think you can.

If you want to play the game "as the devs intended" then go play with bots. leave the online community and just play against AI that are programed to play that way because you will NEVER find an online game that is played exactly as intended originally by the devs. Thats what makes gaming so great you can find your own unique way to accomplish a goal in a video game.

Now get off your entitled high horse and just enjoy the game for what it is ffs