Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Thoughts on slugging for a 4k?

2»

Comments

• MaTtRoSiTy
    MaTtRoSiTy Member Posts: 1,851

I can't generally be bothered as killer but I will if the survivors were particularly annoying. As survivor I don't enjoy being slugged for the 4k but I understand the hatch mechanic forces this on killers if they want to get everyone

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623

I didn't say having a late game mechanic isn't fine, but having a pity escape mechanic that only favors 1 side is bad game design

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,707

Yeah but how would you fix that?

You can't really just remove it; there would be no incentive for the last survivor or last 2 survivors to not hide for eternity knowing they have no chance to escape.

• Zexbunny
    Zexbunny Member Posts: 209

It's lame. Sitting in the exit gate with all 4 survivors there is lame too. If you see the last survivor, fine. But if you have no idea where the last survivor is, you're just prolonging the game unnecessarily. Survivors can't sit on the hatch anymore. It doesn't spawn until the third survivor dies now. When the hatch spawned earlier it made sense. But now it's just a waste of time. Same goes for survivors who sit in the exit gate with all survivors ready to leave or the ones who need the killer to watch them leave. It's lame and it's time we stop pretending otherwise

And people acting like the hatch system is rigged are crazy. Without the hatch system, the last survivor could literally hide forever and you'd be stuck in a match for a long long time.

• ColonGlock
    ColonGlock Member Posts: 1,224

If I down the 3rd and see the 4th I will likely go for it. Otherwise, I hook.

• Notionless
    Notionless Member Posts: 243

i personally give hatch bc usually ive hit all 8k, and they might want that 5k bp, even if toxic i dont really care, its just a waste.

• Kurri
    Kurri Member Posts: 1,599

As long as Hatch exists, slugging for the 4k exists. I am sure Killers would do it a lot less if it wasn't the only way to play around Hatch.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,693

Amusing, particularly the last two sentences, but not unexpected around these parts.

Thanks for the laugh.

• LinkToReality
    LinkToReality Member Posts: 115
    edited April 2022

If the survivors swarm the hook I just put someone on I'll slug and not even feel bad about it. If everyone is there I have no reason to leave anyways.

I'll also slug if there's only two people left and I know where the last guy is as I down the other.

I also slug a lot when I play Sadako as the only way I truly enjoy playing her is to get everyone fully condemned, so I run Ring Drawing and force pick ups for more spread. So far this has gotten me numerous 3k Stare Moris and three 4ks. Usually I only get one or two though, but it's still more fun than trying to loop with her. 0 hook 4k also feel extremely satisfying :D

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,904

There is a bleed out timer its 4 mins OMG, seriously slugging for the 4k is just gameplay.

If the killer is walking around the map searching and your buddy isn't picking you up that's on them for being selfish not the killer for slugging.

I mean you're on the ground and your team mate is hiding in a locker somewhere yet its the killer who's being unreasonable.

I'd rather play against killers who were as vicious as they can be. Its survival horror not a tickle fight. Be merciless chase people down bleed them out. Its thematic and I appreciate every killer who does it because I want a survival horror film experience.

"I hate it when I get brutally murdered in an inconsiderate way" lol.

• dragobv
    dragobv Member Posts: 304

like all im going to say if you know where the fourth is fine but dont be that person not having a clue where the last guy is and leave a person on the floor for 3+ min cause youre legit wasting that guys time he could already be in the next match

• ActualCasual
    ActualCasual Member Posts: 36

Personally i can't be bothered unless the last survivor really doesn't deserve to escape. Usually for being selfish and ######### over the rest of their teammates.

• KFChris18
    KFChris18 Member Posts: 112

There's nothing wrong with a killer slugging in general, much less for a 4k. Survivors take it far too personally in my experience. If I slug you, its not because I want to ruin your day specifically, I just want to kill everyone!

• egg_
    egg_ Member Posts: 1,933

It's fine. Boring as hell if you ask me (I almost never do it myself) but perfectly fine

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

Never done it. If I get 3k, i ll probably let the 4th live, depending on how they played or if I have tome challenge active.

• Zeidoktor
    Zeidoktor Member Posts: 2,064

To me, it is annoying, at most, but if the last person is right there when the next to last goes down in not going to begrudge the killer going for it.

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,237

Slugging for the 4k is fine.

It only works because the last survivor is more interested in getting that free escape than doing gens or helping that slug. Hasnt it been quite normal for the last two survivors ho stop trying to open the gates and just wait for the other to die?

Funny how "delaying a disadvantegous state of the game" is happily accepted for survivors and shunned for killers, yet again. I'm talking about 99ing the gens to delay/skip EGC, by the way.

• ShadowsVale
    ShadowsVale Member Posts: 61

It isn't the most fun mechanic, but if a killer want to do it, then they can.

Generally, I only do it if I need that 4th survivor for an archive challenge or daily.

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,886

I'll slug for 4k in three scenarios:

1. I have a tome challenge where I need the kills and I just want it done with
    2. I downed the third surv and the fourth was right there
    3. The team BMed a lot

Otherwise I almost never do it, I hook and we see who can find that hatch first, give the last surv a fair shot. I also hate dragging the end game out; you can end up in a cycle of downing, searching for the last surv and having them pick up the other, etc. It's not worth the effort.

• malloymk
    malloymk Member Posts: 1,553
    edited April 2022

Sort of apples to oranges, but I do agree that the 99ing mechanic is kind of BS and should be adjusted.

• ShadowsVale
    ShadowsVale Member Posts: 61

That's definitely something that needs some changes. 99ing the gates shouldn't be possible.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,494

It's boring to slug all well but if survivors fail and I get them all I hook two and do bit farming with the last 2.

• starkiller1286
    starkiller1286 Member Posts: 889

I seldom slug unless I know they are nearby. Otherwise it's a race to find the hatch.

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077

I don't think slugging everyone at 5 gens with Knockout and basically just bleeding them out to be spiteful is fine. It's extremely unfun to play against.

• DBD_Pinhead
    DBD_Pinhead Member Posts: 763
    edited April 2022

Slugging serves two purposes: to secure kills and to punish toxic survs/super sweaty SWFs. The latter is especially relevant with multiple survs bringing Boil Over/Flip Flop loadouts and Seal Team 6/ Ghostbusters flashlight saves. Sometimes they need a time out to think about why they're eating the Entity's real estate.

• MrsGhostface
    MrsGhostface Member Posts: 987

It’s a waste of everyone’s time. If I’m still on the ground after 2 minutes, I’m disconnecting. I’ll take the 5 minute penalty over dealing with that. As killer, I let fate decide who finds hatch (I’ll only slug for the 4k if I have a challenge or something).

I simply believe the bleed out timer needs to be reduced. The slugging for a 4k meta is my main complaint when I play survivor. Have to watch the random hide behind walls for four minutes, waiting for my bleed out timer.

• pseudechis
    edited April 2022

Not to go off topic but... (EDIT: well we all know that's not true because I'm about to go off topic but "to cover my arse")

what's your Sadako build? I wanna try this.

• crowbarman
    crowbarman Member Posts: 499

Don't survivors just have to return a tape and the bar goes down like 50%? Are they just daft after getting fully condemned?

• pseudechis

That's what I thought its why I want the build, can't say I get many condemned Mori's. If there is a way that works even if it relies on opponent ignorance I'm willing to give it a go.

• KnotEnthusiast
    KnotEnthusiast Member Posts: 464

This is my issue: If you do it when you don't know where the fourth is, its just a waste of time for everyone involved, for literally 0 reason outside of getting adepts. Pips are meaningless now, and you will literally get more points hooking me, playing the rest of the game out regardless of if the 4th gets hatch, and queueing into your next one than you ever would waiting the 4 minutes for me to bleed out.

If they see the other survivor, or know exactly where they are, then I don't care at all, go ham

• Eathian
    Eathian Member Posts: 82

As killer I don't slug for the 4k. A 3k and a 4k are the same to me so why waste everyone's time. Just end the match and get in a new game.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,063
    edited April 2022

I don't care to do it unless I have a challenge/achievement that demands the 4k. If someone gets hatch, so be it, I won that match anyway and everyone knows it.

On the survivor side - it is what it is. Obviously I prefer matches where it doesn't happen, but when it does, whatever. I'll get annoyed if I get left on the ground for several minutes because the other person is hiding and the killer won't give it up, or if the game turns into an incorrigible slug-swap and an extra ten minutes gets added onto the match time via pickups and chases in a hopeless game, because at that point, I just want to move on to the next game and the killer is wasting my time by not allowing me to die.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

depends a lot on the scenario.

i have absolutely no issue with anyone slugging someone when they have the last target in their sights - in fact, i would critisize them for not doing it.

but slugging for the 4k without that information is just sweaty and boring. "but the killer wants to win too" - and they already did. a 3k is a win, acting like it wasnt is quite a bad mindset to have, as it will set you up for a lot of disappointments in the future.

im not saying let the 4th guy go or dont even try to get the 4k, but what i am saying is that, as long as you have no idea where that last survivor is when you down the 3rd, just hook them and go search for hatch instead.

• Kiridus
    Kiridus Member Posts: 48

I mainly play Killer and, to be honest, unless its for the Tome, I do not go for 4ks, so I rarely slug for the 4k -- letting the last Survivor get the hatch is easier anyway, and my MMR increasing not as much as it could is a nice bonus.

Basically, as long as the Tome does not tell me to get a 4k, and the last Survivor lets me give them the hatch, I avoid 4king entirely, so I avoid slugging for the 4k aswell.