killers still tunnelling badly even after nerf.

Options
kaneyboy
kaneyboy Member Posts: 260

So all iv seen lately is killers are tunneling and camping because boon healing is too strong etc, even with the buffed legion they are still resulting to really annoying games you just don't want to play.

Comments

• kaneyboy
    Options
  • kaneyboy
    edited April 2022
    Options

i mean im talking about 5 gen camp and tunnel... through DS and BT and others trying to take hits. its just sucky. and its happened to me 3 times in a row tonight. im looping like 3-4 gen pops at best but its inevitable.

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077
    Options

'Camp' and 'tunnel' are very, very different.

Camping someone at 5 gens is dirty pool - you're probably going to get 1-2k max.

Tunneling someone at 5 gens is just a good strategy - by the time you're at the EOGC, tunneling someone is a bit pointless :)

• kaneyboy
    Options

and then killers being really toxic in end game chat- just adds to the cherry on top :D

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 5,648
    Options

Toxicity's a player problem, not a survivor/killer problem. I mean, yeah, a killer that camps and tunnels the first hook is more likely to be nasty in EGC than the average player, but so are the members of a SWF that bring all flashlights/sabo or all BNPs.

Like, there's issues with dominant strategies in this game being distinctly unfun, but that isn't a community issue so much as it is a design issue.

(By the way, StarLost, I did a double take when I saw you back! I thought you'd gotten banned and I was genuinely upset when it happened - you're always one of my favorite posters to see around.)

• WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,082
    Options

Nah there’s quite a few killers that don’t really care about COH.

• kaneyboy
    Options

I mean COH is kinda useless against 1 hit down killers anyways and especially the plague....

• foxsansbox
    foxsansbox Member Posts: 2,209
    Options

If it makes anyone on this thread feel better. I have been tunneling and camping less since the nerf. I've seen noticeably less COH since the two speed reduction passes it took and my games feel significantly fairer. You know, despite the 7000 pallets, suped-up medkits, and 20 safe windows every map that takes up what feels to be an entire zip code.

But if I hear that boon sound in the distance, I'm finding that ######### and she's not coming off the hook.

• kaneyboy
    Options

I mean killers have soo many gen slowing perks... but you have fun being the toxic problem

• kaneyboy
    Options

I watch soo many streamers who spread out their hooks and manage to get 4ks... i mean are you all saying you need to tunnel to get a kill? (:

• kaneyboy
    Options

So you hear a boon and decide to ruin someone’s game and be toxic. Ok.

• Marc_123
    Marc_123 Member Posts: 3,356
    Options

CoH still does the same, only a tiny bit slower.

Sadly healing too fast and gens done too fast. A lot of good loopers. If you want to win you have to try to get one out asap.

• Marc_123
    Marc_123 Member Posts: 3,356
    edited April 2022
    Options

Or play every day until you are as good as prof. players. But also they get wrecked sometimes.

• Jay_K
    Jay_K Member Posts: 411
    edited April 2022
    Options

The big question when survivors complain about tunneling and camping is how much is survivor induced.

For example.

If i hook someone and i know someone is nearby im going to look for them. I'm not activly camping the hook im actively looking for another survivor i know is near by. Or they loop around the hook. This is survivor induced camping.

For tunneling a number of times someone gets unhooked. I go back to the hook to get the unhooker and they are no where to be seen. The only person left there is the one who has just been on the hook. I wouldnt just turn around and ignore them because that would be stupid so i go after them as its the only choice left. Again this is another situation were its survivor induced tunneling.

Some other examples of this is survivors using BT and/or DS as attacking perks by throwing themself at the killer then wondering why they get re-hooked and/or killed.

Also on the note of camping and tunneling here is the real truth. We are Killers. WE are the bad guy in this game and we will kill you however we want :)

(FYI i am not the sort to go out of my way to camp or tunnel someone unless its absolutly neccessary.)

• Malkhrim
    Malkhrim Member Posts: 935
    Options

A game strategy used to win cannot be considered toxic, by any means.

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917
    Options

People seem to forget that CoH is still at a known overpowered perk threshold:

It currently gives pre-nerf Selfcare(Which had to been nerf 3 times itself) to the entire team while also giving the strongest overall healing speed buff in the entire game.

The changes do not address the problem of it killing hit and run.

The Nerfs changed nothing as the perk is fundamentally problematic. As nothing short of a redesign, a complete gutting, or, boon mechanic change will ever make it not problematic.

• Brimp
    Brimp Member Posts: 2,788
    edited April 2022
    Options

Just because a strong perk gets a mediocre nerf doesn't mean it'll make killers tunnel less. The fact they thought just nerfing its heal bonus would be enough shows they don't know how to balance CoH.

• Wampa1
    Wampa1 Member Posts: 175
    Options

🤫 plague is the only killer I play since the boons,if you highlight it she will be next on the nerf list.😀

• StarLost
    Options

Thanks Laluzi! Yeah, I've been back for a while, but definitely on my last life forum wise. Just have to try to make sure that if I'm being obviously sarcastic about something, I mark it as sarcasm somehow :|.

• Impalpable
    Impalpable Member Posts: 152
    Options

Tunneling is first and formost the result of imbalance in the objectives of both sides.

• StarLost
    Options

Eh...

I'd replace 'tunneling' with 'snowballing' and you've hit it on the head.

This is a game of inches sometimes, where a small mistake on either side can compound into an inevitable loss.

• semm88
    semm88 Member Posts: 27
    Options

Most of the people complaining about tunneling are being chased for like 30 seconds before they go down. That is not tunneling. If a survivor goes around 2 3 loops, drops 2 pallets, ofc its gonna take time for the killer to catch up.

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,253
    edited April 2022
    Options

sorry but tunneling isn't toxic its an effective strategy that good killers use to win, there isn't anything inherently toxic about it unless its used to harass a specific player (over multiple games)

• Impalpable
    Impalpable Member Posts: 152
    Options

tunneling is neither a tactical play that requires situational game understanding or requires alot of individual skill.

The experience and understanding of a killer usually shines in a chase and what he choose to pressure situational but this is not rewarded currently. Its poor game design, that favorites poor gameplay and pathetic players.

Im pretty sure you could program the trapper bot from the tutorial into a basement bubba and he would beat 70 percent of the lobbys within 3 lines of program.

• ukenicky
    ukenicky Member Posts: 1,352
    Options

Tunneling/camping/slugging will always exist no matter what side gets buffs/nerfs. It's a play style one can employ regardless of perks or add-ons.

When a killer gets run by a good survivor they camp, tunnel and slug to try and make up for it.

Hence why most killers camp/tunnel/slug. If survivors didn't bring BT, DS or Unbreakable they pay gravely. Hence why most survivors bring said perks.

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,253
    edited April 2022
    Options

Its a strategy while it requires no inherent skill other than of the strategy as a barrier to entry, using it most effectively is up to the individuals skill. Knowing when to tunnel, who to tunnel, what to deal with when tunneling, what to play around when tunneling are all important factors of skill. Smart killers are rewarded for tunneling at the right time with a massive boost to their overall game pressure and can make up for difference in mechanical skill and limitations imposed by the tools a killer provides.

Decided that it shouldn't exist in the game because you don't like it just doesn't work at a fundamental level without also massively buffing the other side to now deal with the gaps created in their effectiveness in most matches.

You might not like tunneling but you also probably wouldn't like the game if everyone killer was at nurse level to make up for the difference that tunneling has in most matches. Its basically required at high levels unless there is that much of a gap between survivors and the killer.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options

Ok I have to ask what you consider toxic.

Because after 3k hours, I can count the toxic endgame chat killers on 1 hand.

Anyway, on regard of the tunneling. If you see a gen at 90% and regressing. Do you finish it or will you go after that gen at 0%?

• Kaitsja
    Kaitsja Member Posts: 1,718
    edited April 2022
    Options

I see so many killers tunneling one survivor until they're dead (Usually me) and then ending the game with one kill, and maybe 5 hooks if they're lucky.

If you get your first hook at 3 gens, your second hook at 1 gen, and then the third hook on the same survivor after the gates are powered and probably 99'd, tunneling is no longer efficient at that point.

See, I notice killers aren't pressuring gens. They'll ignore two survivors on a gen just for that tunnel. Killers really be sinking themselves.

Post edited by Kaitsja on