Boil Over - feedback and few thouhts about it

Shifterplay
Shifterplay Member Posts: 4
edited June 2018 in Feedback and Suggestions

First of all, "Dance with me" sounds better as a name for this perk.

Ok but to the case, it has minimal effect on the killer. Tier 3 of this perk, 75% increased wiggling effect and almost every killer had no or minimal trouble carrying Kate to the hook (with or without agitation or iron grasp) - confirmed after the game.

Hiding aura of the hook is situational, so it could stay as it is. It mostly depends on the map, more rooms the better.
But... it feels like this effect should be increased or make the killer even turn a bit to sides.

Or..

Kate's wiggling could blur killer's vision. The longer the walk the more blurry vision would be applied.
You know, few hits to the head with her knee could do that... .

Before killer mains tackle me, I'm playing both sides. Just hate to see perk like this one go to waste.

Comments

• Nightmare_Eyes
    Nightmare_Eyes Member Posts: 9

Honestly I think Boil Over needs to be a counter to Iron Grasp. The swaying of the killer doesn't affect much if anything at all. It should give you a bonus to the wiggle gauge to get free.

• Luigifan64
    Luigifan64 Member Posts: 1,123

Honestly I think Boil Over needs to be a counter to Iron Grasp. The swaying of the killer doesn't affect much if anything at all. It should give you a bonus to the wiggle gauge to get free.

I think the hook disabling effect should also be increased by a decent amount (at tier 3 it’d be 20-30 meters, just not sure what value would be too op or too underpowered).
  • PureHostility
    PureHostility Member Posts: 708

@Nightmare_Eyes said:

I'm sorry but in most direct cases, killer should be the one being able to counter or nullify survivor's perk.

The only area in which survivors should have upperhand in terms of having stronger perks is stealth.
    Thus, survivors should have the proper counters to perks such as BBQ (they already do), Whispers, etc.

As you may imagine, stuff survivors do in chases should be countered by killer's specific choices, same with hauling their arse to the hook after they were DOWNED (failed at escaping the chase). You want to introduce another "2nd chance" perk, which is not a welcome thing, take a look at DS.

Boil Over could increase the wiggling effect slightly more, but it should be completely nullified/zeroed back to the default value by using a perk on killer's arsenal (such as underused and overnerfed Iron Grasp).

• Nightmare_Eyes

@PureHostility said:

@Nightmare_Eyes said:

I'm sorry but in most direct cases, killer should be the one being able to counter or nullify survivor's perk.

The only area in which survivors should have upperhand in terms of having stronger perks is stealth.
    Thus, survivors should have the proper counters to perks such as BBQ (they already do), Whispers, etc.

As you may imagine, stuff survivors do in chases should be countered by killer's specific choices, same with hauling their arse to the hook after they were DOWNED (failed at escaping the chase). You want to introduce another "2nd chance" perk, which is not a welcome thing, take a look at DS.

Boil Over could increase the wiggling effect slightly more, but it should be completely nullified/zeroed back to the default value by using a perk on killer's arsenal (such as underused and overnerfed Iron Grasp).

And I'm sorry, but the way I see it is it's a useless perk if it's not truly aiding you in any way. and DS is a one time thing if you manage to hit the success zone.

I see a lot of killers running with Iron Grasp at tier 3 and can manage to carry you across the map if they really wanted. The way Boil Over is now is really only viable on maps with several objects the killer can run into. Hiding hook auras isn't much help when all the killer has to do is do a little spin and see one close by.

But if that's how it is.. then perhaps just change to the wiggle gauge buff, but at tier 3 it only helps by 50% and not 75%. that's at least something to make it viable to try and use.

• PureHostility
    PureHostility Member Posts: 708

@Nightmare_Eyes said:

@PureHostility said:

@Nightmare_Eyes said:

And I'm sorry, but the way I see it is it's a useless perk if it's not truly aiding you in any way. and DS is a one time thing if you manage to hit the success zone.

I see a lot of killers running with Iron Grasp at tier 3 and can manage to carry you across the map if they really wanted. The way Boil Over is now is really only viable on maps with several objects the killer can run into. Hiding hook auras isn't much help when all the killer has to do is do a little spin and see one close by.

But if that's how it is.. then perhaps just change to the wiggle gauge buff, but at tier 3 it only helps by 50% and not 75%. that's at least something to make it viable to try and use.

Then you should stop playing extremely old DbD build that dates back to 2016.
    Iron Grasp allows you at most to travel additional 2 seconds on top of the vanilla 16 seconds.
    IG is a useless perk right now, that's like complaining about Thanatophobia (4 stacks) which does nothing to gen progression.

I didn't say Boil Over will or should replace meta perks present since 2016, but it isn't completely useless, as with a bit of help from other teammates, it can play a part in an escape. Still, survivors shouldn't ever have perks that completely nullify killers efforts even when they PREPARE to counter said area. (i.e. why SB, DS and SC are so widely used, they are way too good with little to no counters available from killer's side).

• Nightmare_Eyes

@PureHostility said:

@Nightmare_Eyes said:

@PureHostility said:

@Nightmare_Eyes said:

Then you should stop playing extremely old DbD build that dates back to 2016.
    Iron Grasp allows you at most to travel additional 2 seconds on top of the vanilla 16 seconds.
    IG is a useless perk right now, that's like complaining about Thanatophobia (4 stacks) which does nothing to gen progression.

I didn't say Boil Over will or should replace meta perks present since 2016, but it isn't completely useless, as with a bit of help from other teammates, it can play a part in an escape. Still, survivors shouldn't ever have perks that completely nullify killers efforts even when they PREPARE to counter said area. (i.e. why SB, DS and SC are so widely used, they are way too good with little to no counters available from killer's side).

I have stopped. that's why I've been leveling Kate to try and get Boil Over Tier 3 to see if it even helped, but with a friend's help. We tested it and there was really not that much inconvenience with carrying with the perk on. But you're most likely right. Talking about it won't fix it. Nothing the survivors get will help them survive. Killers will keep getting stronger. And the only way to get a decent amount of BP will be to just run a killer yourself. Great talking to you.

• Nick
    Nick Member Posts: 1,237

Boil over should get a buff. Make the distance bigger where the killers cant see hooks + make it 100% instead of 75%