Go ahead, make BT basekit.

Options
2»

Comments

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759
    Options

You really going to sit there and pretend you can't reach a loop in time?

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,100
    Options

Yeah i know, i played also since 2016 and have finally completely stopped this winter.

But i am less optimistic because if they wanted to do it they should've done it when they started to lose 50% of their peak playerbase on steam, maybe.

I don't see this downward trend really stopping, especially since we don't know how much of that comes from which side or the veterans that pay both sides and therefore don't specifically know which actions to take to most efficiently stem the bleeding. Make the wrong demographic stronger and they lose even more and faster.

Also they have never had the delicate touch to not onesidedly influence the game instead of balancing both sides simultaneously, see Mori/key+hatch or ruin/DS. They wäre always months/years apart instead of simultaneous.

• hatchetChugger
    hatchetChugger Member Posts: 441
    Options

BT basekit is giving every survivor 5 perks. Super fair, BHVR.

• Tatariu
    Tatariu Member Posts: 3,005
    Options

I’m not sure how it will turn out. I also wonder if they will even go through with it, because they’ve talked about doing all sorts of things over the years and very little of what they mention has actually been implemented. I’ll believe it when I see it, and deal with it then.

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,081
    Options

That doesn't affect my point at all. I suppose if you can get to a loop, you might buy yourself another couple of seconds but any killer worth their salt that wants to tunnel will just stick to your ass until the timer runs out and then smack you. The very best case scenario is you get to a pallet and camp it until the very last second to slam it down.

Right now with how BT works, as you go through a window or get to a pallet, a tunneling killer has to take the gamble and either swing and give you the BT speed boost through the area and let you escape or they wait and possibly waste time on a survivor who isn't actually protected by BT. But if everyone has BT, the tunneling killer will know it and know exactly how long they have to wait to smack you back down.

• Crimson_Lockhart
    Crimson_Lockhart Member Posts: 188
    Options

Even if they don't have BT they have DS and DH.

• TotemSeeker91
    TotemSeeker91 Member Posts: 2,358
    Options

But...killers are literally supposed to be the power role, but they never are

• TotemSeeker91
    TotemSeeker91 Member Posts: 2,358
    Options

If the devs weren't stupid, they wouldn't have added something as busted as COH

• bluedusef
    bluedusef Member Posts: 288
    Options

its confusing since the whole time of dbd, the devs have said camping is a perfectly fine thing to do in the game. as you said, it will basically make swf squads untouchable at the end of the match. making it even more miserable for the killer side.

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,205
    Options

We can discuss this as much as we want, in fine we can only wait for the devs to announce their plans.

This months starts pretty stable in term of player loss (only ~2% so far). Any change from them is bound to influence this one way or another.

• Sludge
    Sludge Member Posts: 768
    edited May 2022
    Options

Might as well pull the plug if they do, giving survivors a 5th meta perk is crazy.

• espooked
    espooked Member Posts: 465
    Options

u guys need to stop coming here right after you got sh!t on

• DrDeepwound
    DrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557
    edited May 2022
    Options

Mark my words, if BT is made basekit.

Survivors will suffer more than they ever have.

It will backfire like everything else they try to punish the killer for doing his job. They will unhook in your face hook rush more than the did to OG Freddy.

If you think slugging is bad now, just wait.

I run Deerstalker cya in the fog.

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,071
    Options

8 stacks of Save The Best For Last would like a word...

• Yankus
    Yankus Member Posts: 638
    Options

They should make CI basekit for killers and make it block hexes as well if they make BT basekit for survs

• KFChris18
    KFChris18 Member Posts: 109
    Options

My concern isnt so much with BT as a perk, but the fact that it is a 5th META perk that all survivors will have access to from the start. What perk would you replace bt with if it was basekit? For me, it'd be prove thyself or COH. That is the real problem with this idea. It gives survivors even more tools to work with when killers are already pressed for advantages

• Leatherface1990
    Leatherface1990 Member Posts: 718
    Options

I hope Patrick Cote gets the help he needs in Rehab. Sad to see it.

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759
    Options

wait... are you telling me that you personally go down in seconds once found by a killer in every game you play?

You just admitted you camp one pallet and then die....

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,639
    Options

I hope they don’t make BT basekit, if they do it needs be like 4 seconds endurance.

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,081
    Options

So do you normally just ignore what people have to say to make a weird nonsensical jab at them or am I just special here?

Either way, whether you agree or disagree with my original point, I'm not playing these games. I think BT on everyone would do nothing useful and would actually hurt survivors and you do not. GGWP discussion.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,596
    Options

At this point I'm just waiting to see what actually ends up happening before worrying about it. If they implement some kind of change that is actually a problem, then we'll talk about it. Until then, not much use tbh.

That said, I do think something needs to happen, but I'm not 100% sure what the best solution is.

• Puddles
    Puddles Member Posts: 95
    Options

BT basekit is only okay if its in the first unhook, not the second one.

• Leatherface1990
    Leatherface1990 Member Posts: 718
    Options

Just BUFF IT to have it work on BOTH SURVIVORS after the UNHOOK.

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130
    Options

Just because you are "1" doesn't mean you are supposed to be guaranteed to win every match or have a default major advantage over the opponent.

The game is losing a lot of playing right now because the fun factor is dwindling away. Killers are overpowered and there is just not much agency for survivors. You either play as a 4 man SWF and try to genrush the killer or you face a guaranteed loss. Survivors are unable to overcome camping, tunneling, powering 5 gens, cleansing 5 totems...........etc.......escaping a No Way Out gate. The game is way too oppressive.

Survivors require killer to play nicely in order to win. The devs have been oblivious to survivors being fundamentally weak for a very long time.

Killers have had 6 perks all this time. Camping and Tunneling are free basekit perks. I think it is fair if survivors had some perks basekit to defend against that.

• HexDaddyissues
    HexDaddyissues Member Posts: 328
    Options

so you, and every other killer main on the planet got together and agreed to sign off for good if BT is basekit? "nobody" is a pretty broad term when you mean "me and a select few who take this game way too seriously"

• Viskod
    Viskod Member Posts: 854
    Options

As a killer main I'd be fine with it.

Being able to hit people fresh off a hook and down them immediately again isn't the solution to killer problems. It's just a really ######### thing to do. If an idiot unhooks someone right in your face, go after the unhooker instead.

• Puddles
    Puddles Member Posts: 95
    Options

BT should be basekit only in if the survivor went straight from Stage 1 hook to Stage 2 hook and the killer was near the hook most of time the survivor was hooked.

• KateMain86
    KateMain86 Member Posts: 2,262
    Options

My hope if this happens is that it will encourage better play styles on both sides and discourage the things that caused it to happen to begin with.

• Jacoby2041
    Jacoby2041 Member Posts: 843
    Options

The problem isn't even BT itself, it's people using it to bodyblock. "ooh boohoo killer is tunneling me off hook" while they're literally running infront of you preventing you from chasing anyone else. If they remove the unhooked person's collision and give killer free BBQ then I'd be okay with this

• deKlaw_04
    deKlaw_04 Member Posts: 3,660
    Options

BT shouldn’t be basekit. Period

• Munqaxus
    Munqaxus Member Posts: 2,752
    Options

I would actually say that new Ruin is much better than old Ruin. Old ruin only affected noobies who could hit the great skill checks and I guarantee, that a killer who patrols gens will get way more use out of new Ruin than old Ruin. I've seen games won by new ruin alone. Old Ruin was never that powerful.

So really, your list should be

• Insta Kill Mories
    • Old Undying
  • FinalFractureTV
    FinalFractureTV Member Posts: 19
    Options

Base kit BT sounds awful.

• Liam282
    Liam282 Member Posts: 219
    Options

Bt should not be base kit, the answer for camping is actually already in the game, and adds a moral choice to the survivors to risk it or continue on a gen. It's called Kindred, that is the perk which would be much better for base kit. It helps Solo players like myself (yes, i play both sides, mainly Billy) actually communicate that "hey, I'm getting camped, but keep going at the gens." bt is also a moral choice as a survivor, the intended dynamics of this game from Day 1 is exploring human interactions under tense situations.

I chose to not bring BT for instance, in favour of dead hard or DS. That decision was mine to make, if i had chosen the self-centered route in the situation i could have changed the outcome. That's what this game is supposed to be like as quoted by the head developers back before even launch. IF you make BT base kit, you're taking away the uniqueness of gameplay per match, just like the tiles per map. It's a safety net that people for 5 years now had no problem choosing to use over another perk. YOU, the player have the choice to bring the perks YOU want, take that away and you're destroying one of the main pillars of the game, and quite frankly pandering to a side that intime will get better through experience.

https://youtu.be/VJCDA06GTsM