SWF "Nerf" PS4

Options

Hello, Devs. It is RogueGoddess.

There has been some stipulation on the concept of SWF, and I found that there is a rather easy solution in mind that would be of assistance. No perks would be lost, nothing would be slowed, and everything could be a bit more leveled.

One of the biggest problems with SWF, that I have found on PS4, is that a lot of the players are lower level, and all rely on the skill or leadership of a higher level survivor.

As such, my proposition is to change the way that these groups are queued. Generally, groups are queued so that the survivors are paired with a killer of or about the same rank as the person with the lowest rank. In my opinion, of course, this is utterly unfair to the killer, as it puts them in a situation of disadvantage.

While switching this tactic ((queueing with a killer of a higher rank, similar to that of the person with the highest level in the group)) could be considered a disadvantage for the survivors, they have one thing that cancels this. Up to 3 other people to assist them in the game.

The killer may argue that further action need be taken, but they are the level that they are for a reason. Getting a group of low ranking survivors with a higher ranking one should be a treat for them, as the rank they hold means that they are not as good on their own as they are with their group.

It is for these reasons that I believe the queue system should be based upon the highest level survivor, instead of the lowest ranking one. Thank you so very much for reviewing this. There were many other good points made by other players in the topic posted in the killer section, but I did not add them here, as I cannot base my argument over a solution I do not fully understand; however, should anyone who posted on @Lord_Technopapst s article, Buff against SWF, please feel free to post your opinion, as they were all very interesting. If anyone else has anything to add, I would love to hear your argument. Thank you for viewing my post! :+1:

Comments

• Lord_Technopapst
    Lord_Technopapst Member Posts: 26
    Options

That's a really good idea to balance SWF groups and with the new rank system coming out which is probably not based on a monthly rank reset this could really improve the killer experiences in DBD. Speaking of the new rank system; with it coming out in the next 12months I don't think that they are going to chance the matchmaking because it would have to be adjusted again if the ranks are actually resprenting the skill of the players.

• RogueGoddess
    RogueGoddess Member Posts: 50
    Options

Even before the rank system got nerfed, I felt that this would be a good idea. I've always found SWF to be somewhat OP, despite being what I perceive as good at the game. I say this because I have improved at the game greatly since I began playing. Thank you for your feedback, @Lord_Technopapst. It is always a delight to hear from you.