My ideal Circle of Healing

GrimReaperJr1232
GrimReaperJr1232 Member Posts: 1,690
edited April 2023 in Feedback and Suggestions

I've ranted about this perk in the past. Many of you probably know I hate this perk with a passion, but I'll try to change the perk into something I think would be fairer.

1. Removal of the ability to heal yourself without a medkit.
    1. I'm sorry. This needs to go. This is going to suck for solos, for sure. However, this single-handedly breaks the backs of half the killer roaster who simply cannot realistically keep up with the number of self-resets this perk allows. Spreading pressure is impossible, so you need to commit to chases because of this perk... which also means the anti-loop killers become more popular, which I don't remember survivors enjoying much since your only option is to W away.
  2. Now only affects altruistic Healing actions.
    1. This is the same nerf that We'll Make It got a very long time ago. Now, you cannot use this perk with medkits that are already insanely strong.
  3. Increased heal speed bonus to 100%
    1. With this perk now being purely altruistic in nature, I think the 100% heal speed can return
  4. Injured survivors within CoH's radius will now have their aura revealed to all other survivors
    1. This is mostly here for solos. With the ability to self-care gone, this function is here so that you can go to the boon's radius, and try to coordinate a team heal.
Final words

I'm expecting to hear things along the line of "removing self-care will kill the perk!" or "Guess you just want DS-UB DH BT again, huh?"

What do you think this perk has done? Has it added more variety to the games? Not really, you still see DS, UB, DH, and now (ideally) a mix of 2 BTs and 2 CoHs. Adding 1 more perk to the meta does not magically make the games refreshing again, or mean it's healthy for the game. People run these perks. People will continue to run these perks until DH is nerfed and BT becomes basekit. They may continue to run them even then.

"That'll kill the boon mechanic!" If 1 perk carries an entire mechanic, then the mechanic itself has failed and should be revisited. Boons and their implementation have been very controversial with CoH widely seen as the problem child. Get this perk under control, then see if the mechanic itself needs to be tweaked.

Edit: I guess I'm a prophet now...

Post edited by GrimReaperJr1232 on

Comments

• CausticMisery
    CausticMisery Member Posts: 35

I would also like to see CoH being balanced like this. No self-care, no stacking with medkits. Just speeds up altruistic healing speed.

• Icaurs
    Icaurs Member Posts: 542

I would be fine with this change. cooperating with survivors should always be the driving point of the survivors perspective, and honestly too many perks focus on making the individual stronger, rather then the team. I think this would make COH far weaker, and probably off the meta roster, but honestly I think tis needed. Its clear that COH is different from other boons, and if it never existed , I don't think killers would have nearly as many problems with boons as they do now. Assuming the aura is revealed to all survivors across the map, then I have no issues.

• egg_
    egg_ Member Posts: 1,933

Bump for relevance

• GrimReaperJr1232
    GrimReaperJr1232 Member Posts: 1,690

Well... this was prophetic of me.

• DBDVulture
    DBDVulture Member Posts: 2,437

I'd like to see Boons get "fair" treatment to hexes.

When a killer kicks a boon the bones are destroyed base kit.

OR let killers re-ignite hexes as long as the bones are not destroyed (but reset any tokens - along that line give undying 1 token that is used once and then it poofs).