Macro Flashlight Clickers Harming people

Obelt
Obelt Member Posts: 357
edited May 2022 in General Discussions

This is just sickening PLEASE DEVS just add a 3 sec cooldown to flashlights this wont harm any good players skill this will just stop macro users you can still use it quickly for saves or loops still but this is to save peoples lives that are being harmed by horrible people

Comments

• Obelt

it really is i have a brother who loves this game who suffers from epilepsy and i dont want him to suffer like this person did

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

"Just add a 3 second cooldown"

Or just remove the light bit that shows if it's pressed rapidly, i do find it odd that people always focus on the clicky part and not the actual issue which is the light. Also, if people know flashlights cause seizures they shouldn't play the game at all until it is fixed or remedied etc, you run the risk bc flashlights can be obtained mid match so people last second switching to flashlights is not the problem at all.

• Munqaxus
    Munqaxus Member Posts: 2,752

The Doctor is worse than any flashlight clicking will ever be.

• RoboMojo
    RoboMojo Member Posts: 1,326

Me too. I kinda doubt it, but maybe they will. One can hope.

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526
    edited May 2022

They shouldn't be playing a game they know can cause harm until it's fixed, that's what I said.

You know why I don't play Russian Roulette? Because it could kill me, now if it was a toy gun that couldn't kill me, I'd play it.

I, as an adult, would make the conscious decision to not play a game that could kill me until it was safe to play.

JUST FOR THE RECORD, I WANT EPILEPTIC PEOPLE TO BE ABLE PLAY THIS GAME, BUT IF IT CAN KILL THEM THEY PROBABLY SHOULDN'T.

• Smuk
    Smuk Member Posts: 735

Not at all. Open your eyes if you think that bhvr cares about anything else :)

• PerfectlyPink
    PerfectlyPink Member Posts: 435
  • Obelt

Sadako flashing issue was announced during the ptb so was docs when he got his rework and were adjusted or did you not notice?

• Obelt

its been 6 years of people wanting this fixed and disabled people want to enjoy this game we just want devs to finally take acton and fix such an easy fix

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,165

It's really sad the lack of care they have towards photosensitivity even though there has been complaints for years. They don't even have a warning for photosensitivity issues like majority of games that have even slight photosensitivity issues.

I feel like every PTB there's complaints pointing out photosensitivity issues for maps or killer powers that end up on the list of "changes from PTB." It's like they don't even discuss photosensitivity during the MONTHS they work on stuff. It's no surprise they still haven't even touched flashlight macros that have been constantly complained about.

Adding colorblind options and some changes to controls like skills checks for wiggling and hooks was nice accessibility options to finally add to the game but there's SO much more they need to do for accessibility.

• Chilli_man2400
    Chilli_man2400 Member Posts: 2,893

Oh dear here we go again.

I understand the whole situation but it’s complete bullshit how you people think there not listening just because there not responding. Yes it took a developer to talk bad to someone for them to reveal the colorblind mode but your taking that point out of context to fit your story.

image going home from work and getting harassed online about colorblind mode when I’m off from work. Let me rest for gods sake. I understand they were rude about it but there not working there just trying to relax. A simple we’re working on it would have been disappointing but not to cause controversy.

if your that upset about it post it online make it a movement to get it bigger. I hate it when they post it then say they don’t care cause of no response even though my thread is not popular like the constant nerf DH and SBMM threads.

I agree this is a huge issue that needs to be fixed but stop taking ######### out of context to fit your narrative. Post it online to get more attention like YouTube that’s a big place

• Obelt

It has been on twitter youtube if there own main hq with community known issue wont work then what will

• Chilli_man2400
    Chilli_man2400 Member Posts: 2,893

Make it bigger I’m sorry but everytime I searched dbd on YouTube or Twitter there was not one video that was trending on the macros. Every controversial thing dbd has done always was on my feed but not this

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,311

I feel that simply changing the light effects of the flashlight is a much better way to solve the main issue, the potential harm it can cause. Just make the light only start being visible when it's the "smoother" light animation during an actual blind. For the clicking noise, personally I'd miss survivors being able to say "Hey, I'm not doing a gen! Just wanted you to know!" but sure mute that as well if needed.

Because I don't even know if you can actually stop macros. Especially the onboard memory ones that you can set up with many mice. Kinda sounds like a slightly-moderately less futile version of trying to stop people from using built-in crosshair overlays.

• Obelt

clicking was never the issue just the macro lighting which can cause seizures

• Katzengott
    Katzengott Member Posts: 1,210

Just ask yourself why they use it and why it's still in the game.

That's why i camp and tunnel macro clickers and don't care about the rest of the team. When they die, it's a win in my book. Often let the others go, just as an understandment.

The real problem for me are survs who only start to use macros when they're already winning anyway. There's not enough time to kill them so they can be dicks without any fear.

So in general i agree, macros need to go!

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,142

Lightborn

• PBsamichShoe
    PBsamichShoe Member Posts: 314

Clicking the flashy is like half the fun in this game.

It's even more fun to bind it to the scroll wheel because then it makes a "dzzzz" sound that's really fun.

It honestly sounds like the OP just wants a nerf to survivors. I'm not saying the tweet or whatever is disingenuous either, but if you have epilepsy you really shouldn't be gaming, unless you're on meds for it and probably only during the day and even then you're taking a risk. This is all pretty well known in the epileptic community.

They probably should add a warning message in the beginning of the game about light sensitivity, for liability sake, but otherwise this just sounds like you want to make the game less fun for survivors.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,971

There should definitely be a client sided toggle that removes flashing effects like that

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,735

I have a question here:

Is fast flashlight clicking (no macro) also causing this or just heavy macro?

• Devilishly_Rowdy
    Devilishly_Rowdy Member Posts: 440

Nope, as long as survivor mains are having fun that's all that matters to the devs (cuz they buy the most skins). Killers fun does not matter and they don't give a crap about them even if they're epileptic.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

This isn't an us vs them issue. BHVR does not actively want killer mains to have seizures, which shouldn't even need to be said. They're just very slow and unresponsive to even the most basic and necessary changes.