The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Pig (Amanda Young) needs a buff.

zaw1337
zaw1337 Member Posts: 14
edited May 2022 in Feedback and Suggestions

I think pig needs some buffs because currently, you can't do any map pressure with pig and his power of reverse beartraps isn't actually helping even 20%. So, I think my idea is either to increase reverse traps or add more additional boxes. I haven't seen anyone in a while died from traps they mostly get it removed on the first try or 2nd try.

I do find pig's ambush kinda useless it's so long to process and you can't keep holding it like ghostie or Survivor.

And 80% of the game all you can do is use M1.

Post edited by Mandy on

Comments

• Regulus47
    Regulus47 Member Posts: 450

It's just bias. Killers remember when pigs head traps get taken off quickly but don't remember when they take 2+ minutes to remove, which is what happens with most traps. It's the reason why killers complain about nemesis's zombies despite the fact they regularly put out massive gen pressure and can win chases for him if nearby. Pig traps are incredibly oppressive slowdown tools and if you have one on and pig tunnels you it's a guaranteed death, so I really don't think she needs any large buffs. Maybe a quality of life buff to her ambush but that's about it.

• zaw1337

So why I'd place a trap on a survivor that I'm gonna kill later?

• TheDarkTyrant
    TheDarkTyrant Member Posts: 2,074

No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no. Pyg not ready yet. She's all unique and wrong. All messed up, inside out. Pyg make her better.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590
    edited May 2022

Her crouch and ambush are just trash, that's her main issue. They're too telegraphed and slow to properly counter tiles. Even with both addons being ran to improve her ambush it's still terrible, that should illustrate how bad it is.

Rule set #2 should've just been base kit as well.

• Chaos999
    Chaos999 Member Posts: 869

What? No, that doesn't make sense. Pig should always be nerfed.

• Star99er
    Star99er Member Posts: 1,447

John’s Medical File should be basekit imo. Her ambush could definitely use a buff as well.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

From my experience, that's because it is REALLY bad for a Pig when a Survivor manages to get their trap off very quickly. 25% (assuming you only start with 4 traps) of your stall power just got thrown into the garbage.

The Traps are actually not as oppressive as you suggest IMO. It is not that difficult to play around them efficiently by just hacking away at a nearby box and then going for gens until your timer starts. The vast majority of the time, you'll be fine unless the Pig hardcore tunnels you (in which case, they're basically throwing away the game).

• randonly
    randonly Member Posts: 456
    edited May 2022

Everything around her is RNG. It's part of her game style and Lore (live or die). Making a flat number to remove RBT by search on 3 boxes or everything else is more of a nerf than a buff (as many people suggest).

It really only takes a few addon improvements (Amand's secret, the most useless and create one more box when using video tape to decrease the chances of the "AFK pig" style working), small changes in crouch speed, the roar starts as soon as she executes the full loaded ambush and make RBT's work on EGC (like in the past or RBT's remain disabled in EGC but kill the survivor who tries to leave at the door).

• Xord
    Xord Member Posts: 517

Her traps don't need buffs. Changes, probably, to balance out the RNG (maybe less jigsaw boxes for longer check times, resulting in the same average but more consistancy)

The problem is she's the only real M1 in the game. Even wraith has a way to get an advantage in loops and chases. But Pig's ambush attack is laughably bad compared to Wraith's Unloack attack.

Honestly, I'd just add the two Ambush add-ons baseline and I think she'd be fine. (basically, more move speed, less time to charge and less missed attack cooldown)

• Impailer
    Impailer Member Posts: 97
  • Zeidoktor
    Zeidoktor Member Posts: 2,063
    edited May 2022

I've never understood the logic of tunneling the one with the trap. They're the least dangerous survivor in the trial, since they're the one least likely to be doing gens until they get the trap off.

On that note, I wonder if it would be a buff to make Ruleset No 2 (Survivors can't see Jigsaw Box auras until the trap is active) Basekit.

Used it in a game last night and am reasonably sure it got me a head pop. (Not as an AFK Pig. Used it with Face Mask and Hex: Plaything)

• zaw1337
  • Zeidoktor

No. No you do not. Hence my addition of "Not as an AFK Pig" at the end of my post.

• MrClockwork86_TTV
    MrClockwork86_TTV Member Posts: 4

I personally really like Pig. I do agree that the Roar before ambush kind of gives it all way, and traps taking longer to remove would be huge. I don't ever put a trap on a survivor for the purpose of popping their heads. Its all about keeping them OFF gens so you have more time to sneak around. Unfortunately, this doesn't do much if anything to prolong a Gen rush. So making those traps take longer to get off and take longer to pop a head would be nice.

• Zeidoktor
    edited May 2022

Agreed. The traps are a stall before anything else.

That's one reason I like Ruleset no. 2. They can either stay on gens and go for the boxes once they see them or search without the auras. Gen rush if you want, but be ready to pay the price.

Combine with Hex: Plaything and the Face Mask addon, and you've possibly got a decent amount of stall for your first hook.

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869

Everyone in this thread was blackmailed by pig.

• TwerkGoddess
    TwerkGoddess Member Posts: 12

i dont fear her as i do the other stealth killers

• Chiky
    Chiky Member Posts: 732

I've played against pig twice.

The first time i'm like 90% sure the killer was hacking, as I saw her going from one side of the map to the other as if she could teleport...

The second time, idk if it was normal, but all 4 survivors started with the trap on. As I only play survivor to compelte challenges (since playing as survivor is boring af), I wasn't paying too much attention to the rest of the survivors, but when I was the last one standing (they got all downed and slugged in the first minute somehow) i decided to go take the trap off and it was really easy to do. First try.

I could think of several ways to improve her, but that requires the game going more for the "horror" side, which apparently is not the goal.

• zaw1337

Yeah, all survivors start with a trap is an addon. But I still think she needs a buff

• Zeidoktor

The starting with traps thing is one of Pig's Ultra Rare addons. Combined with the Ruleset No. 2 I've been hyping up, among other addons, it's the cause of the "AFK Pig" strategy, where Pig just sits in front of a single Jigsaw box and if it's your Jigsaw box you're screwed.