A more interesting nerf to dead hard "Bone-tired"

Options
bluesqueakers
bluesqueakers Member Posts: 6
edited May 2022 in Feedback and Suggestions

Dead hard nerf suggestions are predominantly about taking away features from dead hard to render it weaker. So I suggest, rather then blatantly taking away something, instead add to take away.

Dead hard's intended use is for dodging the Killer's attacks, but in higher level play gets used as a safe way to extend the duration of loops that can't be prevented without the use of a Killer's power. This means that M1 Killers that are already on the weaker end have no means to stop dead hard from extending the use of a pallet.

The suggestion of "bone-tired"

Upon using dead hard you now gain a effect called "bone-tired" this effect will prevent survivors from dropping pallets or using a vault from anywhere between 1 second to 3 seconds after dead hard is used. This would help to prevent survivors from using dead hard for distance in a definite way to drop a pallet or vault a window against a basic M1 Killer, while still being useful for dodging Basic attacks or against strong Killers like Blight or Nurse who aren't as bothered by loops as M1 killers are.

The amount of time "Bone-tired" lasts is very important

If the bone-tired effect is too short then survivors can do the same thing they did before to reach a pallet just earlier. If the bone-tired effect is too long then dead hard wouldn't be good for even its intended propose as you wouldn't be able to follow dead hard up with anything.

The potential pros "Bone-tired"

-Indirectly making M1 Killers stronger

-Nurse would barely, if at all benefit from it

-Making dead hard used for its more intended role as a dodge perk

The potential cons of "Bone-tired"

-Making dead hard rarely used if bone-tired's duration is too long

-Dead hard could be still used for distance if done earlier albeit at the cost of safety

A additional Tweak to "Bone-tried" without increasing the duration

Adding a 5% hindrance to bone-tired but making it have a shorter duration could help it be better at preventing dead hard for being used to gain distance

Personal Opinion

I don't know how much better this could be then other ideas at making dead hard weaker without making it useless. But I think its a better and more interesting idea then taking away dead hard's distance or invincibly frames. Plus just dead harding earlier in a loop kind of prevents bone-tired to a extent.

Post edited by bluesqueakers on

Comments

• bluesqueakers
    Options

This is my first time writing a idea I had on a forums page, so please don't go too hard on me in the comments.

• TotemSeeker91
    TotemSeeker91 Member Posts: 2,358
    Options

This was everyone's first idea from what I get from this post, adding a delay to dropping pallets, I personally think it is the best way to go about keeping it valuable and balanced

• Cyanide2817
    Cyanide2817 Member Posts: 34
    Options

out of all suggestions for DH rework I have seen, this is probably the most balanced one out there. I like it.

• bluesqueakers
    Options

If dead hard got nerfed any other way then a added pallet delay I would be so shocked whether the change is good or bad. I think pallet delay is good since it makes dead hard more suited for its intended purpose.

• Presidenten
    Presidenten Member Posts: 23
    Options

People find this controversial, but I think the purpose of dead hard is to give more distance and a second chance in chases and I think that is good as it is now.

What I don't like is how the killer isn't able to hit a survivor when DH'ing, invincibilty frames never made sense in this game, why not just remove those? Then you can't use DH to bodyblock which is in my opinion good.

• bluesqueakers
    Options

I agree that bodyblocking with Dead hard is dumb, due to things like it ending your attack, ending shred, deleting huntress hatchets and stopping victor. its just that with removing invincibility frames at high MMR Killers that only have M1 are going to have basically the identical experience as before, except with survivors using dead hard only at loops rather then dodging, and M2 killers (or nurse) that are all already doing good are going to have a slightly easier time due to having worry about it as much. Really I just don't want to have games taken from me because I decided to play a M1 Killer.

• catkillsmouse
    catkillsmouse Member Posts: 244
    edited May 2022
    Options

I'd like a bit of a nerf to it but not the distance that's the whole point of it. It doesn't make sense when you hit som1 tho and they don't react grunt. If you take distance away then what's left Mettle of Man 2? that could be even worse.

Survivor suffers from mangled or something.

Many great suggestions on these forums hopefully they don't make it worse.

• bluesqueakers
    Options

Nerf suggestions for dead hard are pretty hard to come up without ruining it, since the perk is such a Swiss army knife and taking away something can take away so many other things. I'm not the biggest fan of the idea I was suggesting, I just don't see it maintaining that Swiss arm knife usefulness and not being one of the most used perks. Also the "A additional Tweak to "Bone-tried" without increasing the duration" was just a quick thought to get rid of a counter to bone-tried of just dead harding sooner to prevent bone-tried from effecting you and would only after you dead hard. though I realized its probably not that good of a addition to bone-tried. personally I rather have the distance stay the same and the invincibility changed to intangibility. For reference invincibility would make the hatchet you got hit by stop and intangibility would make the hatchet just go though you. This with some other changes could make it dead hard bit more fair, I have no clue what BHVR would come up with to nerf it (If they even decide too) I hope whatever happens it becomes more fair and less frustrating to go against competent Survivors using it when you're playing a M1 Killer.