Was the grind addressed at all?

Options

I didn’t get to watch the stream today, and I’ve been trying to read summaries of the announced changes. Did they talk about possible changes to the grind (like making it less awful) at all?

Comments

• MrPeanutbutter
    MrPeanutbutter Member Posts: 1,586
    Options

Thanks!

• espooked
    espooked Member Posts: 465
    Options

Yep felt like the whole stream

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897
    Options
  • Basement_Bubba420
    Basement_Bubba420 Member Posts: 397
    Options

So its around 5 million BP per character to get all their perks at T3 for everyone else.

Where as before it was 1.3 million BP to unlock the perks, and depending on how many perks you don't have unlocked could be another 3-4 million to unlock the perks you want.

How much exactly does this reduce the grind?

• thrawn3054
    Options

Because then I need to prestige in order for it to save any grind. If this is only a piece of a larger plan then it's an okay start. If this was it for their big fix it's garbage.

• deKlaw_04
    deKlaw_04 Member Posts: 3,660
    Options
  • DoritoHead
    DoritoHead Member Posts: 3,546
    Options

Yep, prestige helps (a lot) instead of hurting you now.

• Marcavecunc
    Marcavecunc Member Posts: 2,057
    Options

Yeah, getting someone to p3 can be easily done in a day or two, so if you commit enough, you'll have every character on one side or the other done within a month. Two for both sides. Then it's just a matter of getting the generic perks on every character, then afterwards, every 3 months, just leveling the new character to p3 and getting the generic perks to level 3, and it's all done. Way less grind than the way it is right now, both for "veterans" or for new players.

• Viskod
    Viskod Member Posts: 854
    edited May 2022
    Options

You don’t need to P3 anyone, just getting someone to P1 gives their perks to everyone else.

Just unlock the perks and get their level 2 and 3 versions from the bloodweb of who you want to play.

Or buy the level 2 or 3 version in the shrine if you can.

• Advorsus
    Advorsus Member Posts: 1,033
    Options

Yeah it's not the greatest fix, and I felt like there'd be something... More. I feel like this will help existing players more than the old system whenever new content is added. Because you won't have to unlock the 3 new perks on every killer/survivor individually over and over again. You just prestige 3 the new character and you're done. And since 0-50 isn't that bad and was never really the problem, it won't be horrible. However it does nothing for new people and players who still have characters to buy or level up from level 1.

• Marcavecunc
    Options

p1 gets the perk at level 1 to everyone. p3 gets the perk maxed out to everyone. It's totally worth getting everyone to p3

• Viskod
    Options

Why would you waste time prestiging a new character three times instead of just doing it once, and grabbing the level 2 and 3 versions of the new perks when you level the character you want to play?

• Advorsus
    Options

Now if they would remove pips it'd be so much better. It'd be slightly easier for people to get to iri that way through time played. Which who cares right? It's just blood points now. So with that 2 million bp you got you could probably pristige a character at least once. Mix that with the BP you get through playing matches and you should be able to get 1-2 characters to prestige 2-3. Which feels a lot more rewarding while still keeping something to work towards.

• Viskod
    Options

Or I could level the new character to 50, and then just do 4-6 blood webs of whoever I want to play to unlock levels 2 and 3 of the new perks instead.

• Marcavecunc
    Options

Getting anyone at p3 means once anyone else is p3, that's 9 less levels of perks to get.. that's 4 and a half webs.. 30 survivors, 4 and a half webs saved per survivor..

that's nearly 120 webs saved.. per survivor

120 times 30 is nearly 3600 webs saved total

(if I didnt get the math wrong, which I probably did)

• Advorsus
    edited May 2022
    Options

Why not? You don't lose anything. Yes it makes sense to do it your way if you have one character with all other perks and they're the only character you play and is only missing the 3 new perks.

However, if you play say all the killers, and want the new perks on all of the killers and don't want to deal with the RNG of the bloodweb, it'd be smarter to just p3 the new killer to get all 3 new perks to tier 3 on all of the killers.

• Viskod
    Options

If you’re wanting to play a character you’re going to be leveling them for addons and offerings regardless. Makes sense to just grab levels 2 and 3 as you do that at the same time instead of investing all that time and blood points just for levels 2 and 3 of perks for characters you’re going to be leveling as you play them anyway.

• Marcavecunc
    Options

My thoughts exactly. And once you p3'd the last character, it's only a matter of getting the generic perks to level 3, since they're the only thing that doesn't persist after prestiging.

• Advorsus
    Options

So do that then. I'm not understanding the complaint lol still better than me spending 7 million bp per character to get all the perks

• Marcavecunc
    Options

Seriously. They make a change that benefits most people, and this guy doesn't like it because he doesn't care about maxing out everyone.

• thrawn3054
    Options

That's a legit complaint. This system only benefits you if you want to max everything. If not it does ######### all for you.

• Viskod
    edited May 2022
    Options

Don’t like it? I think it’s a great change.

I’ve got P1 on most killers and the ones I don’t are at 40 anyway. So when this is implemented it won’t take much to get everyone level 1 of all teachable unlocked.

But like, I don’t like playing as Leatherface, so I’m not going to waste all those blood points on him to get levels 2 and 3 of BBQ on everyone, and I’d rather not play a killer that has to constantly run on empty with no addons or offerings because all my BP has to go into getting Leatherface to P3.

I’d rather just play the characters I want to play and level them as I normally would for their addons anyway and grab the other levels of the perks as they come.

• Marcavecunc
    Options

Ah yes, the "I don't want it, therefore the others shall not have it" defense. Let's regress, people, no need to move forward, if it doesn't benefit me!

• thrawn3054
    Options

That isn't what I said. My issue is it only helps some players. Which to me is a bad system. I'm glad it helps others grinds. As it does nothing for me or the others who have no need to prestige characters they don't play I'd think you could understand my frustration.

• Marcavecunc
    Options

Exactly what I said. "Boohoo it doesn't benefit me, therefore others shouldn't have it"

There's plenty of changes made constantly to the game that I don't give a rat's ass about, but you don't see me complaining about it. Not everything has to be about you and your petty needs.

• foxsansbox
    foxsansbox Member Posts: 2,209
    Options

Sadly, I think I like this fix. I don't know why that should feel sad, but it does. It's a strange fix... and it's very DBDish.

• Basement_Bubba420
    edited May 2022
    Options

Stupid take. Literally not what he's saying. Can you read?

"My issue is it only helps some players. Which to me is a bad system. I'm glad it helps others grinds. As it does nothing for me or the others who have no need to prestige characters they don't play I'd think you could understand my frustration."

"My issue is it only helps some players. Which to me is a bad system. I'm glad it helps others grinds. As it does nothing for me or the others who have no need to prestige characters they don't play I'd think you could understand my frustration."

I copied and pasted it three times for you smooth brain to read.

His suggestion is that the revisit the changes so that it helps more people. Not to discard any changes in totality.

Amazing how toxic you are.

• Marcavecunc
    Options

"My issue is it only helps some players."

So, for you, let me repeat "Boohoo, it doesn't benefit me, therefore I don't want it"

• Bran
    Bran Member Posts: 2,095
    Options

Yes, but also no.

• Basement_Bubba420
    edited May 2022
    Options

"I'M GLAD IT HELPS OTHERS GRINDS. AS IT DOES NOTHING FOR ME OR THE OTHERS WHO HAVE NO NEED TO PRESTIGE CHARACTERS THEY DON'T PLAY I'D THINK YOU COULD UNDERSTAND MY FRUSTRATION."

Take a reading comprehension course. His suggestion is that they rework their current planned changes so it's not all about prestige.

It's a stupid change anyway.

It takes 5mil BP to get to P3.

It takes around 1 mil to get to level 40 and unlock the perks.

Another 3-4 mil to get the perks on any specific character.

How much does this reduce the grind versus removing all perk tiers and/or letting people get 4 perks at level 50?

For several months of thought and effort this is a lame change.

• thrawn3054
    Options

Jesus, do you have a reading comprehension issue? I never said others shouldn't have it. I already said I was glad for those it helps.

As for you second point I don't complain about changes that I don't care about. I'm complaining because I've waited years for a grind reduction only to get something that doesn't reduce my grind. So excuse me for being unhappy about that.

• IamFran
    IamFran Member Posts: 1,605
    edited May 2022
    Options

Why is there some dissatisfied people? What do you want? Maybe all the perks at tier 3 in the other characters just for buying a new characters? If you remove the grind completely isn't good imo, there has to be some sense of progression.

This change reduces the grinding dramatically. I have all the killers and when I buy a new killer I only need to prestige 1 that new killer for unlocking the perks for all the killers at once and I also maintain the items I earned before prestiging.

The only thing I don't like about this change is this should have been implemented as an Anniversary update feature, not as another SOON™.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,988
    Options

Indeed. I want to get started right away, but I would ironically increase my grind if I do not just hold off. Lol.

• Dead_Harder
    Dead_Harder Member Posts: 1,370
    Options

Its a big reduction for killers, we basically had to unlock those for each killer we played. Its basically a nerf (i guess?) for survivors becausee putting all your perks on 1 survivor was fine as is.

I'm pretty happy with the changes.Get 1 guy to 50, get tier 1 of his perks on all killers. Thats pretty amazing. I'm a little afraid of the bbq changes though.

• MyersRulz
    MyersRulz Member Posts: 90
    Options

Im pretty sure that if you don't prestige at all, with this you should still get some of your characters to prestige 1-2 depending on how many Tier 3 perks you have on said killer, honestly i hope they adress this more deeply cause i didn't quite get it fully. I hope it means what i just said cause personally i have 0 prestige 3 characters at the moment, I only have a prestige 2 Steve and a prestige 1 Huntress and everything else level 50. So it be cool that I at least get everything to prestige 1 so i can finally go for some more wierd builds for characters i don't spend so many bloodpoints into.

• Dead_Harder
    Options

Look at it this way going to p1 on a character will instantly net you tier 1 of all 3 of their perk on whoever you were trying to unlock it on. Even without going to p2 that will save you a lot of bp on that character because uctually finding those 3 perks sometimes takes more than 10 tries.

Unless if you have like all perks unlocked on that character already, in which case and in case you dont care about unlocking those perks for any other character for some reason, you shouldnt be having any problems with grind anyway since you really arent spending much bp anyway to keep 1 fully stacked guy current.

I love the change, as weird as saying that is.

Good job dbd!

• Norhc
    Norhc Member Posts: 575
    Options

If the new prestige system is all the grind reduction (well, along the removal of mori offerings )is about then that's a bit disappointing. The grind for add-ons still is gonna be insane if you play several different killers.

• Firellius
    Firellius Member Posts: 4,134
    Options
  • Dead_Harder
    Options

I mean sure but at least game will be a shitton easier to pick up for newer players. That is an amazing change for the health of the game <3

• deKlaw_04
    deKlaw_04 Member Posts: 3,660
    Options

I got a couple at at p3 already. Key is to get them to p1

• CakeDuty
    CakeDuty Member Posts: 994
    Options

I'm so excited for this change!

As someone who has all survivors P3 lvl 50 and most killr P3 lvl 50, it means I only have to level up the new killer and survivor at each release.

Also it only takes about 4 million to get a character to P3 so unlocking all survivor perks to P3 are gonna be so much faster compared to now where it takes about 15 million bp to unlock all perks on a single character.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976
    Options

I'm confused

How does it possibly not reduce your grind?

• Coffeecrashing
    Coffeecrashing Member Posts: 3,421
    Options

The problem is this change does absolutely nothing to address the infinite addon grind, and there’s a very real chance that BHVR might nerf BBQ’s bloodpoint bonus, because “they fixed” the grind. This means there is a chance this might make my bloodpoint grind even worse, because most of the time I’m only grinding addons.

• thrawn3054
    Options

As I said it will be helpful for those who want to max everything. The less stuff you want maxed out the further the returns diminish. Given how long we've all waited I was hoping for better.