Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.

What is the right way to deal with toxic survivors?

CodeBleu
CodeBleu Member Posts: 19

When my MMR gets too high, I often run into entire teams of complete #########. The frustration that comes from being outplayed can be kinda rough, but I've never found it unmanageable. What quickly becomes unmanageable is being outplayed by people that have the sportsmanship of eight-year-olds: incessant flashlight clicking, waving, teabagging, and holding the game hostage by not completing the objective.

The only solution I have found is to do the following with a prolonged series of games: equip Insidious, run into the basement, and tab out and work until I see the score screen behind my productivity apps. Wash, rinse, repeat. After enough of that, my MMR is nuked into oblivion and all the toxicity evaporates. But this way of handling it has unfortunate side effects.

I really don't like the fact that it often puts me into a position where I'm facing less-skilled survivors. In fact, I often compensate for that by deliberately falling for obvious distractions and hiding when up against clearly less skilled survivors so as not to discourage new members of the game's community. I will often sprinkle in games where I give them lots of practice with chases and keep track of how many hooks each one has to make sure I don't kill any of them. I'd like to say it's to be nice and a good teacher, but part of the reason, in all honesty, is that I know that if I kill them, I will face survivors of superior skill (good) but vastly inferior conduct (intolerable).

Is there something other than this that works better?

Best Answers

• JamIsNotMyName
    JamIsNotMyName Member Posts: 17
    Answer ✓

For me, when faced with “toxic” survivor’s I tend to start acting goofy with them. Nodding, spinning, shaking my head when I know they’re swarming for a beamer save — I just show them I’m not bothered by their constant attempts at annoying me!

Being in the right mindset helps too. I never go in expecting to win, just setting little goals for myself to achieve and calling it a personal win often feels more rewarding when going against cocky survivors. In general the game is more bearable when you learn to stop caring as much (easier said than done of course)!

There are video’s on YouTube about how to handle tilt in DBD, I highly recommend looking for one. <3

• Lekitzul
    Lekitzul Member Posts: 495
    Answer ✓

If they are extreme bullying, I literally run into a corner and stare into the sky so they' can't flashlight me and walk away from the game and do dishes or something so I don't get the wait time for disco'ing. Sometimes I will take it as a challenge, and I see that as an invitation to tunnel. =)

Answers