Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Why do killers need an anti-boon perk?

Sluzzy
Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130

I don’t understand the logic on this one and I hope someone, perhaps a dev, can explain it to me. Why nerf boons totally into the ground and then give a free perk to destroy them permanently when the perk is so easily detectable? I literally see nobody using boons, except the 1 out of 10 matches you might see Circle of Healing. The one time I remember seeing the perk, I didn't even run across the map to find it because it is such a waste of time.

Do devs literally listen to everything and do everything killers want with total disregard to balance and normal thought processes?

And now to the Dredge.  He is overpowered and if he doesn’t get nerfs survivors will not have a chance to win unless the player using him is braindead.  He has powerful map pressure with instant teleporting across the map to any locker, and he has anti-loop. I repeat…this is NOT balanced!

We desperately need to get away from this thinking that killer is only fun if they can squash the survivors with no chance at all for them to win.

If we are going to start having anti-loop, all-knowing, all-map pressure “monsters” in the game, survivors NEED more than a singular pallet in the middle of a field. I am going to go out on the limb and say we need to start looking at more tools for survivors to defend against the monster. We need to get real, if monsters are in the game, we need guns or knives, something that can stall the killer. 

Either provide survivors more abilities to fend off the killer or stop with the anti-loop, all-knowing, everywhere map pressure killers. 

Disclaimer: I play and have played both sides.

Comments

• Ketrab2703
    Ketrab2703 Member Posts: 162

You brought up the argument of Killers wanting to keep the dull for various reasons. Now, what IF we made so killer next to Boon Totem is presented with two prompts: [SPACE] Snuff [CTRL] Destroy. It would allow those people to keep the dull, and for others it would made Boons a bit more counterable.

• Sluzzy

Survivors being hooked is inevitable. You know this because of bloodlust and anti-loop killers. The game makes certain a survivor goes down regardless of survivor choice.

I did provide a counter, stepping on the boon. But we are not fair and balanced. We are ensuring killers can permanently disable a perk while killer perks like BBQ, POP, Scourge can't be permanently disabled. I know some of these perks might be getting nerfed but I'm sure there are others too. I am naming the popular ones.

• Sluzzy

The perks are too weak for those kind of odds. You have to consider the killer using powerful hex perks as well reducing the amount of dull totems available. This doesn't even consider the amount of time looking for a new totem.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

@Sluzzy what are your thoughts on the meta nerf?

• pizzaduffyhp90
    pizzaduffyhp90 Member Posts: 901

but, sometimes there was no time to go hunt and snuff them and even then you can just replace them without any problem at all.

• TheDarkTyrant
    TheDarkTyrant Member Posts: 2,074

Because boons are stupid. I don't think they are as strong anyways once people figured them out. Not many will probably use this because the perk slot would be better used for something else.

• Bloodwebs
    Bloodwebs Member Posts: 273

The anti boon perk is the best thing coming to this update

• MrPeanutbutter
    MrPeanutbutter Member Posts: 1,586
  • Cleverotter
    Cleverotter Member Posts: 128

when was the last time in a horror movie (which this whole game is a celebration of), in which you saw someone just shooting the killers brains out?

• bensam123
    bensam123 Member Posts: 18
    edited May 2022

There are plenty of survivors that have never touched a killer or played trapper at lowMMR for two hours and think they fully understand the game.

Time management for the killer is completely different then time management for survivors. When there are 4 survivors in the game, there is plenty of time for one of them to F'k around and literally do nothing. That's why tunneling one of the four out is so powerful. Getting the first survivor out of the game is incredibly important as the other three need to actually work to finish things. Their power curve gets reduced a lot when they lose their first survivor, yet they still have no idea how little time killer has when 4 are floating around the map.

And just as you mentioned, this is a band aid for boons. No one is going to pick this for one of a handful of perk slots (survivors get 16 total) that are very, very important and it will be used as a scape goat anytime someone points out boons being OP. 'Just pick the anti-boon perk', because killers know when they're running against a sweaty boon squad.

Hexes on the other hand almost no one uses... Besides NOED, because they're one and done. Huh... Maybe boons should be in the same boat as one-and-done... Nah, survivors need perks that actually have a chance of working, unlike killer.

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992
  • Sluzzy

In every movie the survivor has a means of defense, even if it is a baseball bat. I'm not saying the killer should be able to be killed, but if we keep release stronger and stronger killers while also nerfing survivors (less and less pallets such as Haddonfield), survivors need a way to slow the killers down a reasonable amount. The gens won't repair on their own.

• Sluzzy

I would agree with that only if boon perks were equally as strong as killer perks and if boon perks were silent. Even the weakest killer hex perk is stronger than boons.

• DBD_Pinhead
    DBD_Pinhead Member Posts: 763

Good. Boons should be destroyed like Hex Totems. If killers can't get them back neither should survivors. That should have been implemented from the start or give killers the ability to curse totems. Weapons? Not in this game.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

I think they added it more as a backup for when they release future boons that might be problomatic.

I do agree that right now it's pretty unnececary. I wouldn't worry about it too much though. Killers are pretty perk hungry and bringing a do nothing perk when the survivors don't bring a boon is going to turn people away really fast

• Dead_Harder
    Dead_Harder Member Posts: 1,370

I can see it being maybe useful on killers that get screwed by Coh the hardest as in hit and run crew but i think even on them its kinda bad. Lets see if Coh is getting nerfed again with the meta changes. If not, this perk might be good on twins or wraith or something.

• Xendritch
    Xendritch Member Posts: 1,842

As ridiculous as suggesting survivors need guns is there are still people insisting nemesis should have a rocket launcher so atp ######### it give everyone a fire arm and let's have Call of Duty: Horror Edition.

As for the shattered hope itself I kinda think it's a massive waste along the lines of calm spirit for survivors. Is it really strong when it's relevant? Yes. Is that gonna be every or even most games? Not even close. I don't think it'll be run much except by the killers that are still scarred by original CoH.

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869

You forgot the screenshot sluzzy.

Unacceptable.

• catkillsmouse
    catkillsmouse Member Posts: 244

It's because maybe they have plans to add more boons on survivors side and killer will need something to counter them?

• TotemSeeker91
    TotemSeeker91 Member Posts: 2,358

I will say, I find it amusing that you think BBQ is a problem

• TotemSeeker91
    TotemSeeker91 Member Posts: 2,358
  • KateMain86
    KateMain86 Member Posts: 2,374
    edited May 2022

They don't need an anti boon perk, but I think they are getting one because they complained about boon totems long enough to spark a response to them. Survivors can never really have anything too good for a long period of time before killer mains see it as the reason why they are denied fun in this game.

Also hi Sluzzy! Some people in the past thought I was you here on the forums. I guess we share similar opinions on game mechanics. 😅

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

I thought this was a real thread, couldn't believe why someone would be mad at counterplay at first.