Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

I feel like some people miss Hawkins

jamally093
jamally093 Member Posts: 1,624

It was one of my favorite maps to play one because I found it extremely unique and one where a win/lose rate seemed normal for me and I feel like most people miss it. So why doesn't Behavior just make a map that's like Hawkins but isn't it's not like Netflix made a creepy lab it's a common type of please to be fair so why don't they just make a sorta new Hawkins.

Comments

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623

Please don't remake Hawkins, please don't. That Map wasn't exactly what you'd call a "balanced Map", with the majority of the Pallets being way too unsafe, 2 Generators the Killer had to give up due to their placements and there was too much clutter in the hallways, denying multiple Killers the ability to use their Powers

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077

The killer in me misses Hawkins.

The survivor in me makes me glad that it's gone.

• Jirobeko
    Jirobeko Member Posts: 67

It was fun to throw a hatchet through the gaps in the yellow metal fence.

• Remedicist
    Remedicist Member Posts: 1,096

It was definitely a cool and good looking map imo. I miss it occasionally too, but it was very unbalanced and I am not sure any changes could have balanced it without reworking the entire map like how BHVR is doing with RPD.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611

I miss it because I loved the aesthetic of it and it had really unique loops. Though idk if it would be best to remake the map considering it was really unbalanced.

• Wampirita
    Wampirita Member Posts: 809

I don't trust people who miss Hawkins. The same people force RPD on people now.

Those people hate fun

• Marik1987
    Marik1987 Member Posts: 1,700

Hawkins was a very nice map for low tier killers like Pig. A lot of Ambush-Options for example.

I really miss it. They could instead get rid of the "The Game"-Crap.

• GlamourousLeviathan
    GlamourousLeviathan Member Posts: 981

I miss Hawkins so much, it was one of the best maps in the game gameplay wise.

I wonder if the devs still have it's archives saved in case Netflix changes their opinions.

• Hilidaris
    Hilidaris Member Posts: 164

It's a beautiful map but I didn't like it, so I'm glad it's gone to be fair

• Zachcjjj
    Zachcjjj Member Posts: 528

i hate indoor maps but i miss hawkins it was easily the best one and the best map for sm myers

• LordRegal
    LordRegal Member Posts: 1,549

I always enjoyed it as someone who gets bored by the "run in a circle" strats in most maps...Hawkins inspired more creative routing than any other map and it was always fun to wind up going there to see how people would chain pallets and structures together. Plus it was just fun thematically.

• lav3
    lav3 Member Posts: 758

I don't miss Hawkins but if map offering wasn't a thing, it can be fine.

Missing Hawkins is understandable but surely some will start to hate for its comeback.

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 6,016

I loved Hawkins as both killer and survivor a lot of unique loops. though will say the majority of pallets where unsafe and worthless

• Annso_x
    Annso_x Member Posts: 1,611

Honestly I loved it I whish it never left :( Granted I was usually in green / purple ranks back then but I still was happy to play on it both as survivor & killer.

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,904

I miss Hawkins. I was a good map, different and fun.

Loss of content is never good, as much as I'm not a fan of RPD I'd rather see it reworked than deleted.

Lack of map choice is never good.

• Lekitzul
    Lekitzul Member Posts: 495

I miss Hawkins so much, it had a cool atmosphere. It's where I learned to play actually.

• Marc_123
    Marc_123 Member Posts: 3,530

I miss it.

The Bring Stranger Things back to DbD petition is at 24.022 right now.

• egg_
    egg_ Member Posts: 1,933

Don't miss it at all, neither as killer nor as survivor.

I don't even think it looked good. The portal room was cool, but the whole rest of the map looked like a ps2 game

• DoctorIdiot
    DoctorIdiot Member Posts: 56

I miss playing scratched mirror Myers on it

• Kmcauley05
    Kmcauley05 Member Posts: 27

As a survivor, I completely miss hawkins. I loved the unsafe pallets because (and hear me out) it felt like it gave the killers a much better, easier map to catch survivors on loops and made it fairer in my opinion. As a killer I also completely miss hawkins.

• JocelynAwakens
    JocelynAwakens Member, Administrator, Mod, Co-ordinator Posts: 1,605

I miss Hawkins! I absolutely loved The Rift Lab and the interrogation rooms.

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,553

I do miss being scared at the gen on the top floor, but the amount of crappy situations that can happen there makes it hard to truly miss the map.

Great atmosphere, not so great gameplay/

• Barbarossa2020
    Barbarossa2020 Member Posts: 1,369

Pretty much this, it would help alot of m1 "stealth" killers

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

I do miss it. Was pretty unique and matches were usually exciting. Should have reworked it but that costs time and effort.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

I only liked it when I was playing a stealth killer. Any other time I hated it. Still want it back.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,697

Hawkins was a frustrating map for me sometimes, but I do miss it.

• cybermonkey
    cybermonkey Member Posts: 7

Did we ever get an explanation of why it can't be reworked and called something else?