PC / Survivor - Hook States not shown correctly

Options
Gouda
Gouda Member Posts: 4

My friend and I have noticed multiple times now that the Hook States of fellow survivors aren't shown correctly. I think it mostly happens when they're entering the second state on their first hook - it still says they're in state 1 even when the red bar is nearly empty. It's really confusing, especially when they're getting downed again later and you think you can just rescue them from the hook again but then they just die the second they're hooked eventhough it still says they're in state 1.

I'm a Dwight and my friend's an Ace and we both could see this happen on different maps, different mates and with different perk builds. Never saw it happen to one of us tho.

6 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• PetRiLJoe
    PetRiLJoe Member Posts: 2
    Options

Yeah it's repeatable, it happens to me 100% of the time when I try a last escape when I know I'm almost at 50% so I try to attempt a natural Kobe when I know I can get one attempt in before it would force me into Stage 2, I will go into stage 2 and get rescued, but it will show 1 hash mark instead of 2 for the hook stages on the portrait.

• DaddyFatSacks420
    DaddyFatSacks420 Member Posts: 183
    Options

This happens constantly. The hash marks for what stage of being hooked survivors are on is not being displayed correctly

• DaddyFatSacks420
    DaddyFatSacks420 Member Posts: 183
    Options

After reading this post, I played some more matches and this is 100% confirmed. If a survivor is hooked for the first time but not unhooked until the second hook stage, the second hash mark is not displayed

• AykDanroyd
    AykDanroyd Member Posts: 232
    edited June 2022
    Options

It's been a bug in the HUD well before the last update or 2. Every time I or someone else goes to 2nd phase, it's not updated (still shows a I instead of a II) and it's extremely ridiculous how such a fundamental necessity of gameplay has STILL not been fixed. I can't count how many people in matches I played in have died due to players thinking they'd be safe for another hook when they're really on death hook. If other players knew they were on death hook, they'd be able to take a sacrificial hit & spare them immediate death. Is it something to placate complaining killer players (I play killer but don't complain or feel entitled to 4k's every match)? I don't know. What I do know is that it's beyond ridiculous how it hasn't been fixed and is being put off until MAYBE the anniversary update.