Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Dredge Darkness is far too dark on certain maps

2»

Comments

• NotJared
    NotJared Member Posts: 442
    edited June 2022

I don't mind the changes to making it harder to see, HOWEVER I do think the vignette on the edges of the screen are really impossible to see past. As in, the vignette makes my screen look almost pitch black. It could be lessened a tiny bit.

• Booners
    Booners Member Posts: 6

I feel like thats the whole point, and its only for a minute right? I feel like it's alright, and that's basically his whole power right? Toughen up survivors! Leave the Drussy be!

• Notretsam
    Notretsam Member Posts: 129

I said it and I play survivor as much as I do killer. if anything I played survivor much more than I ever played killer and the darkness is fine.

as this comment says, the darkness is the whole point of the killer.

• LapisInfernalis
    LapisInfernalis Member Posts: 4,179

Well.... Maybe just use something like Windows of Opportunity instead of all the 2nd chance stuff? Or maybe look at your surroundings and memorize them? Remember when people complained that they needed to remember where Freddy put his fake pallets? It's the same. Just don't be brain afk when vsing the Dredge.

• PlayBothSideBruh
    PlayBothSideBruh Member Posts: 21

On my screen here.

I can literally only see my character and surrounding for the most, 8 meters I guess.

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

I am using WoO. The problems I have are:

• Can't sometimes see the Dredge itself.
    • Running into walls.
    • The goddamn dark edges

Looping him with his teleport mindgames is fun. When Nightfall kicks in I legit am guessing half the time.

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,754

What's the point of a power that some players will "filter away" while many on console cannot and will not be able to see...

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

Classic. Dismissing other people's opinion with some stupid logic just because you don't agree with it. Kind of sad.

I'm personally for toning down his Nightfall effect a bit, but I for one can still see during Nightfall fine, and that's not based on my experience with him, but against him. I just think right now it's too much for less experienced players, especially those that don't have maps memorized at all, and the area you are supposed to be able to see is sometimes too dark, especially because the edges of the screen are also blackened.

Also, pretty much every survivor I have gone against seemed to be able to navigate fine during Nightfall. Of course they can't see where they should run to, because they can't see pallet loops at further ranges, but they surely never walked into any object and got stuck, and were still able to loop me.

• xfireturtlex
    xfireturtlex Member Posts: 419

I guess ill put this comment here since it seems to be the mega thread.

I think darkness may be bugged on PS5. Its waaaay darker than any of the pc streams ive seen, and wirse than screenshots im seein here. At first i thought it might not be optimized for HDR, but after turning it off on PS5 and tv its still just as bad. I can literally only see my character model. Does anyone know if there is a fix for this?

If it helps, im playing on PS5 with a newer 120hz LG NanoCell tv fully optimized by the specs. I dont have any brightness issues on any games outside of this darkness effect

• Megmain80
    Megmain80 Member Posts: 138

If you don't survivor main, your opinion is meaningless on this issue.

• adirgeforthedead
    adirgeforthedead Member Posts: 424

I suffer from a form of visual impairment where I cannot distinguish dark tones of yellow, red and green, they all appears as a plaster of black to me. Needless to say, Nightfall has been by far my least favourite addition to this game... in some maps, it is fine, but others I genuinely can't see anything and it's terrible. These have been the most insufferable matches I've played as Survivor.

I gave some feedback from part of this during the PTB and most people basically said I didn't understand the Killer's power for asking them to tone it down... I'm genuinely appalled by this community sometimes they can be so helpful and in others they can be so dismissive. In the near future, I do hope they do tone it down. It's incredibly frustrating to play as is in some maps where I just don't distinguish what's right in front of me.

• LapisInfernalis

I did not have problems so far. It's right that you need to know the layout of the map at least decently to do well, but I like the challenge. I memorized pallets etc all the time when Freddy was played often, so I don't mind doing it for Dredge now.

• LapisInfernalis

I am a Survivor Main with almost 5k hrs and I don't complain. This argument you use is getting old.

• ad19970

Yeah no it isn't. Lmao you can't be for real.

Believe it or not, but the best people to listen to is people that play both sides. Of course killer mains and survivor mains need to be listened to as well. But your idea that only killer mains like this Nightfall effect and survivors mains don't is so braindead. I've already seen quite a few survivor mains saying that they like the new Nightfall effect. And yes, killer mains can also play a fair amount of survivor and have opinions regarding that side. And if they find Nightfall fine and fun to play against, that's fine.

Hell, I am a killer main and think it needs to be toned down a bit. Perhaps not the range that you can see, but they need to improve the visbility of the area that you are supposed to be able to see. Probably my biggest gripe with Nightfall are the thick, black edges on the screen, meaning you can only see through a limited area in the center of the screen. It seems unnecessary, and differs in impact depending on the player. Which is not good.

Your attempt at shoehorning people into one corner that don't agree with you, turning the debate into another us vs them, is honestly just sad and pathetic.

• ad19970

Well your problem might be that you think of the community as one entity, or at least is sounds like that in this post. Of course there are some people that are not friendly, but there are also a lot of friendly and helpful people here.

Now, I can see why people do not want Nightfall to be changed. Some really enjoy the horror it adds. And I think if you want people to understand where you are coming from, you will also need to understand where they are coming from.

I personally do think they should tone down the Nightfall, it's a bit too much right now, and I am positive they will, in particular because of people like you. Just curious, it's not the visibility range that is causing problems for you right? I'm guessing it's more about not even being able to see within the range you are supposed to be able to see? Because to be fair, I don't have any visual impairment, and on maps like the Saw map, even I had a few instances where I could not see properly within the intended range, only like a few meters away from me.

The biggest issue I have right now with the Nightfall effect is that the edges of the screen are blackened, so you can pretty much only see through a limited space in the center of the screen. That seems pretty unnecessary, and should definitely be toned down a lot.

• adirgeforthedead
    adirgeforthedead Member Posts: 424

Oh, believe me when I say I'm not generalising. I was just poking some fun at the edges that one can encounter on each side of this community. I'm sorry if it seemed like I was putting pears and apples together.

Yes, exactly. It's literally just that. If they kept the lighting the same in the circumventing area where the Survivors are intended to see, it'd greatly help my issue with it. My initial comment in the PTB was to adjust the brightness and contrast because the Killer was too bright and I couldn't distinguish some forms in the background, but I understand the first was not intended and I'm fine with that.

At some hand I understand people who say it is a "fun mechanic" and that they are enjoying it, but as I commented it is incredibly frustrating to me and I do not enjoy these matches as Survivor.

• A_SmilingJester
    A_SmilingJester Member Posts: 8

I have been in multiple maps with this killer more times than not it is far too dark to see I can't count how many times I've been caught trying to sneak around the corner because it's so efing dark I can't see the object that I'm stuck on and then the killer finds me or how about when I'm running away and try to look at the killer now I'm stuck on another blackened out object I'm literally at the point where I don't want to play against the dredge I would rather let him hook me and die on the hook so I can get to a fun match that I CAN SEE.