Vigil buff to make Exhaustion slowly but surely recover while running.

Options
2»

Comments

• Didiez
    Didiez Member Posts: 51
    Options

Yeah, like the idea of exhaustion don't recover when running is for counter those sprint burst or Dead hard infinite loops. But it's not a bad Idea, I would use it in my builds.

• Vert3x
    Vert3x Member Posts: 125
    Options

@Didiez said:
    Yeah, like the idea of exhaustion don't recover when running is for counter those sprint burst or Dead hard infinite loops. But it's not a bad Idea, I would use it in my builds.

There was nothing infinite with that, aside from Dead Hard being a pretty predictable perk to go up against, nothing was ever infinite, you simply found yourself dealing with them during a chase instead of at the beginning of it, that's it; and this change would also make it way weaker than it used to be.

I can bet this perk wouldn't even be any close to be too strong, just trust me instead of fearing any idea!
    This is exactly what makes genrush a thing: limiting anything to survivors makes them feel more and more oppressed and will force them to only focus on sitting on generators, that's how it works.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110
    Options

@Vert3x said:

@Didiez said:

There was nothing infinite with that, aside from Dead Hard being a pretty predictable perk to go up against, nothing was ever infinite, you simply found yourself dealing with them during a chase instead of at the beginning of it, that's it; and this change would also make it way weaker than it used to be.

I can bet this perk wouldn't even be any close to be too strong, just trust me instead of fearing any idea!
    This is exactly what makes genrush a thing: limiting anything to survivors makes them feel more and more oppressed and will force them to only focus on sitting on generators, that's how it works.

Did you even play during the old exhaustion? If you did then you would know that the infinite sprint burst loop was very real.

• GrootDude
    Options

@Vert3x said:

@Didiez said:

And if you wanna talk about is fearing a idea then what about you and the fact you won’t believe us about infinite sprint burst loop? I’m not the only one who has mentioned it.

• KiraElijah
    KiraElijah Member Posts: 1,187
    edited January 2019
    Options

Imagine having lithe become useful again.. Not only that, but greatly powerful. Even if it took 3x as long it would only take 2 minutes. Something way too easy to do. Exhaustion is fine.

• Vert3x
    Options

@TreemanXD said:

@Vert3x said:

@Didiez said:

Did you even play during the old exhaustion? If you did then you would know that the infinite sprint burst loop was very real.

@TreemanXD said:

@Vert3x said:

@Didiez said:

And if you wanna talk about is fearing a idea then what about you and the fact you won’t believe us about infinite sprint burst loop? I’m not the only one who has mentioned it.

1 minute and 20 seconds to recover from the old Exhaustion, if you wanna point out that it was overpowered, do so, don't call it "Infinite", because that's an improper usage of that word.
    Also, an Exhaustion perk getting used does give you some distance from the killer, but it's unlikely to have it impacting your game so much.

• Arroz
    Arroz Member Posts: 1,433
    edited February 2019
    Options

@TreemanXD said:

@Vert3x said:

@Didiez said:

I dont remember the infinite about sprint burst because I didn't had the teachable, but when I got the teachable I sucked at chases so I never did a sprint burst loop :( #feelsbadman
    Anyways I run balanced landing in my build, I find it really useful in haddonfield or badham presschol

• GrootDude
    Options

@Vert3x it didn’t recover any slower while you ran, and with vigil rank three it took 32 seconds.

• Vert3x
    Options

@TreemanXD said:
    @Vert3x it didn’t recover any slower while you ran, and with vigil rank three it took 32 seconds.

You're getting confused, on the 27th of April 2017 in Patch 1.5.0 Exhaustion was first introduced into the game and it was already recovering at 50% the normal recovery speed while running (twice as slow).

Vigil got released along with Quentin back in October 2017, so it's impossible that you've ever seen a survivor recovering their Sprint Burst in 32 seconds while running.

At most you can talk about the Sprint Burst - Balanced Landing combo back to when they didn't share the cooldown and Exhaustion wasn't a thing, and back then you did recover from their cooldown even while running at the same speed, but that has nothing to do with Vigil.

• Vert3x
    Options

@KiraElijah said:
    Imagine having lithe become useful again.. Not only that, but greatly powerful. Even if it took 3x as long it would only take 2 minutes. Something way too easy to do. Exhaustion is fine.

Not to be finicky, but it'd take 3 minutes and 20 seconds with Vigil on to recover from Exhaustion (5x as long), 1 min and 20 seconds make the difference to be totally honest..

You guys are reacting to an idea that would just improve Vigil to an average level like I was talking about making Decisive Strike give you a 50% bonus repair speed the whole match.

How would recovering from Exhaustion in over 3 minutes of chase be even close to being overpowered? It's quite hilarious guys, you're not proving any points, it is just nowhere close to being strong, accept it for God's sake.

• GrootDude
    Options

making Decisive Strike give you a 50% bonus repair speed the whole match.

I’d prefer the current DS and as for your exhaustion thing I’ve stated my points you keep denying them I’m done with you, I can’t reason with you so bye.

• KiraElijah
    Options

@Vert3x said:

@KiraElijah said:

Not to be finicky, but it'd take 3 minutes and 20 seconds with Vigil on to recover from Exhaustion (5x as long), 1 min and 20 seconds make the difference to be totally honest..

You guys are reacting to an idea that would just improve Vigil to an average level like I was talking about making Decisive Strike give you a 50% bonus repair speed the whole match.

How would recovering from Exhaustion in over 3 minutes of chase be even close to being overpowered? It's quite hilarious guys, you're not proving any points, it is just nowhere close to being strong, accept it for God's sake.

Three minutes of chase is way too easy. If they last that long, the last thing they need is another SB

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    Options
    Serious question, why are some survivors so determined to have multiple exhaustion perks in a chase?

1 can already be extremely powerul.
  • KiraElijah
    Options

@The_Crusader said:
    Serious question, why are some survivors so determined to have multiple exhaustion perks in a chase?

Welcome Back, Crusader :chuffed:

• The_Crusader
    Options

@The_Crusader said:

Thank you my fellow Feng main.

They can't hold back the Feng army. I wonder if Malakir is unbanned too...me and him never really got on but I kinda miss him lol
  • KiraElijah
    Options

@The_Crusader said:
    KiraElijah said:

@The_Crusader said:

They can't hold back the Feng army. I wonder if Malakir is unbanned too...me and him never really got on but I kinda miss him lol

I only recently became a Feng main, I saw some sweet cosmetics

• The_Crusader
    edited February 2019
    Options

@The_Crusader said:
    KiraElijah said:

@The_Crusader said:

Please dont tell me its the blue hair and white mask? That's toxic Feng  haha

I save her for when I've been camped all night and need to bring the meta perks and unleash some stress.
  • KiraElijah
    Options

@The_Crusader said:
    KiraElijah said:

@The_Crusader said:

KiraElijah said:

@The_Crusader said:

Please dont tell me its the blue hair and white mask? That's toxic Feng  haha

I save her for when I've been camped all night and need to bring the meta perks and unleash some stress.

nope, the new event cosmetics

• KiraElijah
    Options
  • The_Crusader
    Options
    It is nice but the downside is like her Phoenix top I think you're going to be a big target.

I realized this when I chased a Feng in bright red through the corn lol

Still it was the first outfit I unlocked with my event coins.
  • KiraElijah
    Options

@The_Crusader said:
    It is nice but the downside is like her Phoenix top I think you're going to be a big target.

I realized this when I chased a Feng in bright red through the corn lol

Still it was the first outfit I unlocked with my event coins.

I wear a target on my back and start looping

• Vert3x
    Options

@TreemanXD said:
    making Decisive Strike give you a 50% bonus repair speed the whole match.

I’d prefer the current DS and as for your exhaustion thing I’ve stated my points you keep denying them I’m done with you, I can’t reason with you so bye.

You just stated that it's op and about "Sprint Burst infinite loops", that's all I've seen on this thread, your points aren't valid to me to be honest.> @KiraElijah said:

@Vert3x said:

@KiraElijah said:

Three minutes of chase is way too easy. If they last that long, the last thing they need is another SB

It's way too easy on rank 20 dude, I bet you couldn't last more than 30 seconds in a rank 1 chase just because you said that. The killer doesn't need any reward or punishment in that situation where he chased one person for 3 minutes, he's making a bad decision by chasing down a survivor for that long (either because he got unlucky or because he's bad at chases) and a survivor that is keeping the right calm and the right combination of pallets and mindgames should instead be rightfully rewarded in case he's using Vigil and SB, I can't believe there were honestly people thinking that 20% would be overpowered.

• GrootDude
    edited February 2019
    Options

@The_Crusader said:

Exactly, if the survivor is good at chase then do they really need more than one?

• KoolaidInMyCup
    KoolaidInMyCup Member Posts: 20
    Options

I actually miss infinite sprint burst loops. At least when I played killer back when there was 2x Pallets and Insta-blind flashlights it actually felt like I won and not like the Devs just handed a win to me like it does now.

• Vert3x
    Options

@KoolaidInMyCup said:
    I actually miss infinite sprint burst loops. At least when I played killer back when there was 2x Pallets and Insta-blind flashlights it actually felt like I won and not like the Devs just handed a win to me like it does now.

The problem has always been majorly genrush (instablinds were annoying, ok, pallet vacuum made no sense, ok) but the whole problem was having generators going by too quickly for all the stuff survivors where given back then; and rather than slowing generators down properly, the actions taken by the game designing team actually incremented genrush since any interesting "secondary objective" got ######### over and made useless (e.g. flashlight saving, sabotaging...)

However, I still don't understand what properly those "Infinite Sprint Burst Loops" were.
    As I mentioned earlier, Exhaustion has been a thing for nearly 2 years and has always taken twice as the normal time (80 seconds for a tier 3 perk, 1 minute and 20 seconds) to recover fully while running.

If the point is that it was too quick, I agree, but 1 minute is not infinite, you can catch up to the survivor in the meantime even though the whole thing starts with some distance given to him by the perk activation itself, it's not like Sprint Burst was ever that much of a deal, or at least it didn't feel like it to me.

However, 3 minutes and 20 seconds wouldn't be even barely close to being unfair or "infinite", especially considering that you've got 2 perks for the sole purpose of being able to recover your Exhaustion while running, no matter if you were to improve Vigil to also affect non-exhaustion cooldown perks, you would still have it used as a supplement to some existing perk in your build, and if you wanna use it on Sprint Burst, you should get its buffs on SB.

I'm really surprised by how many people came out disagreeing after all the consent I had on a first spot even by killer mains, this is really non-sense.

• tehshadowman33
    tehshadowman33 Member Posts: 939
    Options

If my math is correct, at 20% recovery, a T3 Sprint Burst would take 72 seconds to fully recover. This of course, doesn't include the fact that you'd probably gain one or two, maybe three seconds near corners while you wait for Killer to commit to a direction and continue chase.

There's definitely ways to get sprint burst twice in a chase if all it takes is 72 seconds in that case.

• Vert3x
    Options

@tehshadowman33 said:
    If my math is correct, at 20% recovery, a T3 Sprint Burst would take 72 seconds to fully recover. This of course, doesn't include the fact that you'd probably gain one or two, maybe three seconds near corners while you wait for Killer to commit to a direction and continue chase.

There's definitely ways to get sprint burst twice in a chase if all it takes is 72 seconds in that case.

Nice observation about sitting at corners without running to locate the killer better, it's important to point out that these situations only occur when the killer loses distance off the survivor, leaving them room to either try to stealth away or to do whatever, even simply to recover his Exhaustion.

Now when talking about those 72 seconds that you came up with, unless I misunderstood what you were talking about, it would definitely take longer than that with my idea applied.
    20% = 20/100 = 1/5 = 0.2
    40 seconds / 0.2 = 200 seconds, or 3 minutes and 20 seconds.
    You either messed something up with your calculations, or you were talking about the old Vigil being applied to the Exhaustion that used to recover at 50% while running instead of 0% like now, which isn't out of context but I believe that you should've specified that if it's the case.

@poopman said:

@Vert3x said:
    I recently started using Vigil again to test out how it feels, and yeah, it is definitely not worth it to use it for how it is now, so one really simple thought that I had about it was to make that 20% bonus apply no matter what.

Now, before I explain better, I would like to point out that I don't want to specifically refer to cases in which you're the perk holder or in which you're being given the buffs of the perk by someone else via range, but I'd rather talking specifically about the effects that the perk applies and how to possibly improve them.

So, what Vigil does is grabbing those 5 negative status effects, check if you're affected by them and if they're timed effects and if they are, it's gonna apply a 20% bonus speed in recovering from them.
    The thing is, specifically referring to Exhaustion, when the standard recovery speed of the effect is set to 0% (after the nerf that Exhaustion got back in July, while running it's always gonna be set to 0%), Vigil isn't gonna increase that for some "proportionality priority" reasons.

Well, my point is that exactly those proportionality priority reasons should be worked around to just make sure that while you're running and you're affected by Exhaustion (with Vigil on), you should recover at 0% + 20% = 20% the normal recovery speed, that way you'd make the perk less useless, and at the same time you wouldn't get to the old 50% recovery speed which kind of sucked to deal with as killer, especially when it came down to Sprint Burst.

Let me know if you guys like this idea, I think that this perk is currently not overly bad, but it's definitely been forgotten by people and that's kind of sad since it used to be way more useful back in the days.

I'm a Killer main but I think this actually sounds like a good idea.
    Especially because it would discourage Killers more from chasing people for too long and instead get back to doing the actual objective and trying to catch survivors offguard more.

Definitely agreed, I love to still see people supporting this, even though knowing the commitment from this development team and how much they ever look into these forums, this is likely to be never thought about or it's likely to have it implemented but just because they think themselves about it. I really feel like they should look more into these forums and check out some supported ideas about anything.

• tehshadowman33
    tehshadowman33 Member Posts: 939
    Options

@Vert3x said:

@tehshadowman33 said:

Nice observation about sitting at corners without running to locate the killer better, it's important to point out that these situations only occur when the killer loses distance off the survivor, leaving them room to either try to stealth away or to do whatever, even simply to recover his Exhaustion.

Now when talking about those 72 seconds that you came up with, unless I misunderstood what you were talking about, it would definitely take longer than that with my idea applied.
    20% = 20/100 = 1/5 = 0.2
    40 seconds / 0.2 = 200 seconds, or 3 minutes and 20 seconds.
    You either messed something up with your calculations, or you were talking about the old Vigil being applied to the Exhaustion that used to recover at 50% while running instead of 0% like now, which isn't out of context but I believe that you should've specified that if it's the case.

@poopman said:

@Vert3x said:
    I recently started using Vigil again to test out how it feels, and yeah, it is definitely not worth it to use it for how it is now, so one really simple thought that I had about it was to make that 20% bonus apply no matter what.

Now, before I explain better, I would like to point out that I don't want to specifically refer to cases in which you're the perk holder or in which you're being given the buffs of the perk by someone else via range, but I'd rather talking specifically about the effects that the perk applies and how to possibly improve them.

So, what Vigil does is grabbing those 5 negative status effects, check if you're affected by them and if they're timed effects and if they are, it's gonna apply a 20% bonus speed in recovering from them.
    The thing is, specifically referring to Exhaustion, when the standard recovery speed of the effect is set to 0% (after the nerf that Exhaustion got back in July, while running it's always gonna be set to 0%), Vigil isn't gonna increase that for some "proportionality priority" reasons.

Well, my point is that exactly those proportionality priority reasons should be worked around to just make sure that while you're running and you're affected by Exhaustion (with Vigil on), you should recover at 0% + 20% = 20% the normal recovery speed, that way you'd make the perk less useless, and at the same time you wouldn't get to the old 50% recovery speed which kind of sucked to deal with as killer, especially when it came down to Sprint Burst.

Let me know if you guys like this idea, I think that this perk is currently not overly bad, but it's definitely been forgotten by people and that's kind of sad since it used to be way more useful back in the days.

I'm a Killer main but I think this actually sounds like a good idea.
    Especially because it would discourage Killers more from chasing people for too long and instead get back to doing the actual objective and trying to catch survivors offguard more.

Definitely agreed, I love to still see people supporting this, even though knowing the commitment from this development team and how much they ever look into these forums, this is likely to be never thought about or it's likely to have it implemented but just because they think themselves about it. I really feel like they should look more into these forums and check out some supported ideas about anything.

If you're saying 3 minutes and 20 seconds, I'm fine with that if you're using vigil for that. There's only a few maps where looping can be done for that amount of time.

• XavierBoah17
    XavierBoah17 Member Posts: 204
    edited February 2019
    Options
    I got Vigil a while back and its pretty bad spot rn. Lvl 3 exaustion perks take 40 secs to recover from exaustion and Vigil only decreases this by a weak 8 seconds.
  • Vert3x
    Options

@XavierBoah17 said:
    I got Vigil a while back and its pretty bad spot rn. Lvl 3 exaustion perks take 40 secs to recover from exaustion and Vigil only decreases this by a weak 8 seconds.

Well, one could value that 20% if it just worked while running, I know that it doesn't feel like it's much but 8 seconds can do the difference and so can the possibility to recover Exhaustion while running the way I described it.

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Vigil needs a rework. Vigil should be used to make it impact and limit the effect of killer negative effects. Maintain existing recovery bonuses but make effects like mangled reduce the penalty whilst in the vigil players aura radius. Thatnatophobia, chainsaw repair effects,colourophobia. It should be a perk that protects the team from negative killer effects with its weakness being the user recieves none of the bonuses. This would make counterplay available but would make a powerful accessory to a support build. 

Exhasution is a trump card one use for a chase for a reason. Multiple uses of exhaustion consistently caused massive looping problems. The proppsed change shouldnt cause too much havoc but it wouldn't be because its the right path to making this perk healthy but rather it wouldnt be that strong, but if they buffed the numbers on exhaustion recovery we would again see sprint burst become a huge problem.

I understand survivours want to see ways to access exhaustion perks when playing well but remeber exhaustion perks are primarily why most of the best killers are killers who can close distances and cover large streches of ground using there power. If this change was to be made it would further hurt weaker slower killer like clown, doctor, freddy etc and do little to affect the high tier killers like billy spirit and nurse.