Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.
Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Question about reworked Prestige

Elcopollo
Elcopollo Member Posts: 768
edited June 2022 in Ask the Community

Is it known if you'll still be getting bloody prestige cosmetics for the first 3 Prestige levels after the mid-summer update goes live? And, if I, say, have unprestiged characters with all perks in game maxed out to lvl 3 - will they get corresponding bloody prestige cosmetics automatically too (given that "catch-up mechanic" which was mentioned in devs' post)?

Answers

• irishbutcher
    irishbutcher Member Posts: 77

With the new system you can get your bloody cosmetics without losing everything. You'll also be getting a reward which I'm not sure of yet to compensate your progress without prestiging.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,709

If you haven’t prestiged but have high progress they will ‚translate‘ that progress so you will unlock not be punished for not prestiging.

though there will be a special reward for any character you have in p3 that you won’t get otherwise - this is not gonna be a charm or cosmetic piece and very unlikely currency

• Bloodartist
    Bloodartist Member Posts: 124
    edited June 2022

Probably a good thing, this. During the previous 6 years, I bothered to prestige one character.

Kinda symptomatic of how totally clueless the devs are that they thought of this only now.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,709

Might have been something they though of way sooner but wasn’t high on the priority list and needed time to actually get implemented/tested etc.

they had been talking for a while that they had something planned to address the grind after all